1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Consistent Perfect Dragon Lance Comboz (HOW?)

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Sidna7, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Eh?

Most damage for lightweights [3][3][P]> [P]> KNEE> [​IMG][4][6][P], it ends in dblplm so you still get the buffered dblplm practice.

You can also swap the third hit to another [3][3][P] if you want, still gives the same damage.

Don't think doing the last part too fast is going to cause any issues, also you bypass neutral going from [4] to [6].

2. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

cheers for the heads up on the light weight combos I will have to give that one a shot. By doing the last bit of DLC "too fast" I meant not going to neutral. When people try to do inputs too fast it's easy to miss out the neutral because it's a break in the flow (even if momentarily) of the input.

3. SicilianVizzini

SicilianVizzini Well-Known Member

About the DLC combo ([3][K]+[G], [6][P], [4][6][6][P]+[K])

The Dragon lance kick([3][K]+[G]) that starts the DLC combo seems to cause me no end of problems with timing the 2nd part ([6][P]) consistently.

I've always thought the kick was intended to be hit checked; probably from watching the AI use the move outside of combo finishers, against me, mixed with a OM.

I've just noticed that the execution time for the dragon lance kick is 16frames and 1 frame execution; does this mean I should be waiting 5, 6, or 7frames for the next 10frame input buffer window before entering the [6][P], [4][6][6][P]+[K] sequence? Assuming the input of the [6][P] took 1 or 2 frames.

4. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    No hit checking with DLC.

I practice by watching command inputs to make sure I'm hitting everything.

I will look at my hands during practice to see what they are doing.

I'll break the moves into pieces. I'll do 2/3 DLC or SPoD to make sure I'm getting those right. Then I'll add the final moves.

I also find it beneficial to think about command inputs during combos.

Rhythm works, too...

DLC is counted 1 2 345

SPoD is counted 1 23 4

The numbers indicate directional inputs (except the 1 in SPoD).

5. Hazzerone

I know of this combo. I don't know where you get 89pts of damage from though. 33P, P, KNEE (or youhou) dbl plm does 76 pts of damage on NH and 91 on CH. The same goes for 33P, P, P, 43P B! dbl plm.

The combo list for Akira says that the combo is 33P, P, KNEE, dbl plm/33p although I've tested on Eileen and Aoi so far (on NH, closed stance) and you can actually do 33P, P, 33P, dbl plm if you're not feeling up to doing KNEE.

The problem with doing P, P, 43P, dbl plm is that it is easy and mindless. Any scrubs can do that combo and still get max damage off of it.

I'm glad Feck told me about this combo now (if you haven't noticed I don't really check Akira's combo lists, lol) this will give me training in both KNEE and buffered dbl plm in combos.

Combos with dbl plm (or KNEE and dbl plm in this case) help keep your execution skills up to scratch or even improve them. Simply inputting P,G,P,G, 43P, 46P isn't doing anything to make you a better player.

With Akira buffered dbl plm skills are pretty important imo, of course I'm not Homestay or anything but I'm always going for these combos. Off of 46P backslam you can get P, buffered dbl plm. Off of 43P+G throw you get buffered dbl plm aswell (although I am trying to look deeper into this as it seems you can do 43P+G throw then 46P on El Blaze! meaning crazy damage off of d/f throw with Akira if this is the case).

6. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

The opponent can avoid everything but byakko and [3][K] from the throw in some way (doing a crouch dash away usually covers most antics). Aoi with her special BT evade can avoid even the otherwise guaranteed follouwps.

7. Feck

Bodycheck is guaranteed on a few characters, Jeff and Lau at least if I remember correctly.

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Im pretty sure DE is guaranteed but im not sure that sidekick is.. I think that sidekick thing is a leftover from Evo and people still think its guaranteed. If DE would be guaranteed then SDE should be but it might require inhuman buffering.

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Can you explain why a faster move wouldnt be guaranteed but slower move would?

10. Hazzerone

Odd, I've always gone for dbl plm after 43P+G and I get it to connect even if the opponent doesn't choose to abare.

11. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

Hitbox differences between the DblPalm and SDE perhaps. The opponent is turned around, with his or her back facing you, which might make the opponent easier (or harder) to hit with certain moves because of the backwards hitbox. Or possibly a distance issue (which relates back to hitboxes) where on move has further reach than another.

12. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    RBC is listed only as +11 after the throw.
    Sidekick is 18f exe. 18!

I know turning around requires some frames (something around 4-5?) which could make DE guaranteed (Ive never had anyone block DE offline, yet I have had people block the sidekick). Sidekick might hit if you try to move away or something because it has long range.
    Doublepalm is guaranteed if buffered right but you have to be sharp in buffering.

13. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Sidekick is 16f exe. The reason DE and SDE is not guaranteed is because you can cd away from it and it will whiff. That's why double palm and [3][K] is guaranteed as it is impossible to cd away from.

At least that's how I remember it while testing.

14. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Sounds feasible, but Im pretty sure Combolammas has blocked the sidekick like 100% when Ive tried it with him. Ive never used sideick as a 'combo' after RBC so my knowledge is based on only the tests. It might hit if you CD away from RBC but what if you can actually turn around fast enough? It might turn into a guessing game of DE vs sidekick..

15. Sidna7

Sidna7 Well-Known Member

I use the sidekick A LOT! after the specific throw, and I cannot recall even one time not having it connect. Simple input with great range and you get a good chance of stagger after it too [​IMG]

About the the DP after RBC throw, when is it a good time to start buffering the DP? I usually look at Akiras hands, and after he starts retracting them and they are close to his body, I start the inputs.

16. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Yeah, you have to wait for a bit for him to recover then buffer DP really fast. I kind of moved to DE after RBC because doublepalm after the throw was so tiring and DP is so punishable on block. With your back to the wall you can also create wallstaggercombos with RBC->DE.

Need a human opponent to test this as CPU is unable to block any of the options mentioned above, from DP, to SDE to sidekick.

17. Azusabo

Azusabo Well-Known Member

To do the Double Palm after Akiras throws I tried to remember the exact time I have to delay after landing the throw. I try to ignore the throw animation since sometimes the camera angle can throw you off. The amount of the delay is the same against all the characters so I guess you can goto dojo and figure it out by trial and error how much you need to wait.

18. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I start the input when he lifts a foot to turn around.

19. Feck

His "ooorryah" sound effect ends at the same time, for some reason I find it easier to start inputting it when that sound effect is over.

20. Hazzerone

Manji I can practice with you. I used to practice stuff alot with Kaminari.

I'm gonna carry on going for dbl plm after 43P+G anyway. I don't want to slack off and go for DE or sidekick.