1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dead or Alive 5 Announced for 2012! PS3 and Xbox

Discussion in 'General' started by Brisal73, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Why does lei fang looks like she's a crackhead on some crazy hallucinogenic when shes just standing there. Looks so weird. Game looks like fun for me n some fam n friends at the crib. I wouldn't go farther than that, personally.

2. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Is that a bad video? Shit looked horrible

3. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

This made me hard

4. Blackula

Blackula Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blackula1981
    XBL:
    BlackulaReturns
    This video features Ayane, Hayate, Tina, Bass, Zack and Sarah.

5. WINBACK

WINBACK Active Member

Re: Dead or Alive 5 coming

Good eye. I like what they did with the Low Punch animations for all the characters. They gave it the Tekken 4 treatment, and I respect little efforts like that.
    Another thing that makes DoA5 seem like such a wasted opportunity is that they're still recycling a LOT of their old animations from DoA1 and 2. Now, updating animations aren't the most important thing on the planet in a fighting game, but revising them brings a level of effort & charm to a sequel that keeps the game from looking outdated. This game looks outdated.
    Soul Calibur has the same problem, but the speed & flash of the game kinda makes up for it, plus the developers have a habit of just removing/replacing moves entirely rather than revise them.

Don't keep your hopes up. Ever been in a hardcore DoA community? 95% of them only play DoA. They may play Calibur or SFIV, but that shouldn't surprise anyone since they both provide easy-access to both gameplay and fan-service. Anything else they touch they either blow at or quit.

LOL, you guys...
    I wonder if the "I am a Fighter" tagline is actually working on people.

6. BlackDragon37

BlackDragon37 Well-Known Member

FreeStepDodge.com begs to differ.

7. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz

DOA players tend to think the are the best at all fighting games, even though they typically are only good at DOA, and it's a pretty cancerous scene in general. You'll here some of the nastiest things from DOA players on the regular. There is a decent sized group of cool DOA players, but overall it's a pretty laughable affair, unless you enjoy all their racism etc etc...

As for the game i'll snag it when it hits a reasonable price, it isn't a $60 title.

8. BlackDragon37

BlackDragon37 Well-Known Member

Again, FSD begs to differ.

9. Blackula

PSN:
    Blackula1981
    XBL:
    BlackulaReturns

10. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RoseOfMay
    XBL:
    ReturnToPlanetX

As someone who's been around all that crap when it was like that, let me tell you that things have changed. Back during the Doacentral days, that wasn't even the problem; most real DOA players who actually played the and supported the game competitively and went to tourney's and built the scene were not like that...but they were the minority.

The rest are what you describe; but they were the fanboys that would never leave their home to play; would talk trash all day; could never admit the flaws of the game they were playing (DOA4); were close minded and stubborn; were rude and ungrateful to those who actually meant something to the DoA scene.

Just join Freestepdodge without the bias and enjoy the game if you plan to pick it up when it comes out.

11. DurViener

DurViener Well-Known Member

A few articles on the game

one on the overall changes since E3
    here

And a writeup on the new character, Rig here

12. tenren

tenren Well-Known Member

Perfect Legend,Black Mamba,kayane,DrDogg,Rikuto,Tom Brady would all like to have a work with you lol. Not really. Back in the DOAC days there were a lot of big headed elitist that wanted to argue over everything. Now days most of thos guys are gone. FSD has rebuilt the community. Every gaming community has its good and bad people along with its up and downs. You best just ignore them. Hell just this year the srk community had issues with womanizing.

13. Blackula

PSN:
    Blackula1981
    XBL:
    BlackulaReturns

Had? I think it's still ongoing. Aris was recently mentioned in the New York Times because of what he did during Cross Assault. This isn't going away anytime soon.

14. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

if you want to hear a little about how shady the DOA community was back in the day then watch this.

http://www.twitch.tv/s1lent1/b/286329244 (starts @ 1:53)

Tom Brady speaks about some of its players and issues with them. He then released a youtube series that went into detail about how the owner of DOACentral.com was in colusion with CGS and "top" players in the community that lead to local and televised tournaments being fixed like excluding other better top players from attending. It was posted here but now is gone:

http://www.mortalkombatunited.com/showth...ONAL-life-story

I remember watching the whole thing and thinking how glad I was to not be a part of that scene. I heard its alot better now though.

15. tenren

tenren Well-Known Member

really there are 2 groups. The community of elitist who have there site and the others who have rebuilt the community. The few I mentioned above have gone on to do other things in the FGC but still play DOA while the others still cry about doa and do nothing. You could look between the web sites and see this by how active they are. Tom Brady has even said he supports FSD

16. BierKlauMeister

BierKlauMeister New Member

I wonder why Kayane keeps getting mentioned when it comes to building a DOA scene or community... with all the respect i have for her and her accomplishcments in SC and her apparent love for DOA... but she didnt do shit for DOA back in the day... just saying 0_0

17. DurViener

DurViener Well-Known Member

Pics of the Collectors Edition swimwear here

Here's Tina's since it was left out

18. tenren

tenren Well-Known Member

its more she couldn't, at the time she was under age & wasn't allowed to play in both WCG & CGS. But still she was considered to be the best female at the game out side of the States

19. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz

I talked with Dr.Dogg regularly back in the DOAU days, I was very familiar with the DOAC guys too. Maybe the PSN scene will be better, but the Xbox scene will be the same. Like I said this isn't a $60 game, so I'll check it out in a few months when the price plummets to a reasonable level. It only takes a few weeks to pickup the DOA system and achieve SS rank, so you're not gonna be hurt by being a late to the scene.

20. Blackula

PSN:
    Blackula1981
    XBL:
    BlackulaReturns

Why do you feel that this isn't a $60 game? Just because it's DOA?

Achieving SS rank is the last priority on my list. The one thing I want to do is to help get the scene growing again. I would love to see this game take off and be picked up by a lot of tourneys.

The new Team Ninja has been working very hard on this game and have been making a lot of changes to help make this game better. For the most part, most agree that DOA4 was the absolute worst DOA in the series. They've made tons of changes that will hopefully distance itself from its predecessor.

I for one am really excited for DOA5 and really hope the game is redemption for the series just like KOF 13 was redemption for the KOF series after they fumbled with KOF 12.

Genesis likes this.