1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dead or Alive 5 Announced for 2012! PS3 and Xbox

Discussion in 'General' started by Brisal73, Jan 8, 2010.

1. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Use momiji, you wont have any trouble vs mashers with her. Her 4P is really good, safe 14f mid circ, pops Brad out of his lying spams, good +frame on hit/CH. Her 2K will drop spammers on CH, so block a string then 2K and they're in a bad spot. Excellent character.

SilentNephilim likes this.
  2. CheekyChi

CheekyChi Well-Known Member

XBL:
    CheekyChi
    I have to disagree. If someone is "mashing" you'll most likely get countered if the string starts with a jab. 8P & 2/1P crushes high attacks, but if they start with mids quite a lot, a standing jab will be fine as she has a very quick P.

3. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    If someone is mashing out strings, they stop and spam a counter at disadvantage? That's what you're saying?? That would be a guess, then you would throw punish them as the counter whiffs in your face, since you'd be on block still.. I mentioned a low and a mid to be used from adv situations, I have no idea what you're even talking about.

Are you actually trying to advise guessing a counter hold to stop spam, instead of defending and then destroying their abare?

4. SilentNephilim

SilentNephilim Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SilentNephilim
    XBL:
    SilentNephilim
    I'm actually trying not to reverse too much. Havent quite mastered using struggle. Sometimes I just accidently end up doing a hold instead XP

steelbaz likes this.
  5. FlyMike

FlyMike Well-Known Member

PSN:
    FlyMike45
    What's good everyone? Long time no see/play/hear from. And I KNOW it's shitty that I'm coming back to the site in a damn DoA thread, but I just got off my break from fgs and some people coaxed, or tricked rather, me into finally touching DOA5U. I won some matches mashing locally(using common sense) and then I downloaded free version and bought Momiji because she is the only character I like, and that's outside of DOA.

Anyway, I'm a total scrub in it and I don't know "how to DOA" yet, so I don't feel right bashing the game or anything. It feels like a dumbed down VF though to be honest. I hear 5U is one of the best DOAs so I may finally give it a legit chance. I worked on combos the other day but I don't quite get how so much shit leads to full combo UNLESS of course the purpose of that is to be countered. So essentially, knowing strings in this game is a requirement I'm guessing?
    Idk, i might need someone to teach me this game so I can at least enter it at whatever tourneys I go to that run it. SteelBaz/Raze what's up dude!!

P.S. I'll play FS again one day. But some of you know that I'm not really an online guy and it's obvious that besides in certain hotspots, scene is dead. And before it could even really get burn. That's why I have no hope in humanity. BUT...ya know, I'll still play for fun sometimes. But there's really know incentive for me to focus on something I can't locally compete in unless I travel to Cali or NY, etc. I'm sorry dudes. I love and missed you all though!

6. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    I'll send you some invites and see wassup ^_^

7. Blackula

Blackula Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blackula1981
    XBL:
    BlackulaReturns
  8. SilentNephilim

SilentNephilim Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SilentNephilim
    XBL:
    SilentNephilim
    Well, since my live is silver for now till I move. I decided to just download Momiji on the ps3 since I already had core fighter on there. If anyone would like to play sometime, i'll be down for it ^_^

Sorwah, Puno_de_Leyenda and steelbaz like this.