1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round

Discussion in 'General' started by Wiztick, Jul 8, 2013.

1. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Fairy Jacky!

2. DurViener

DurViener Well-Known Member

More like hard gay Jacky

3. DestructionBomb

DestructionBomb Active Member

PSN:
    DestructionBomb
    Did a Pai Exhibition for all you Pai and VF players! good day! (Also I have no idea why the thumbnail for the video isn't showing.) But here you go:

@Rodnutz @IcKY99 @MarlyJay @Jacko

4. Mold_Monkey93

Mold_Monkey93 Well-Known Member

@DestructionBombSup, bomba? How you been, I haven't seen you or the crew in awhile -Hold Junkie

DestructionBomb likes this.
  5. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken
    Awesome vids bro!!! Your vids keep getting better and better!

It must be Pai day today because Team Ninja released this Last Round vid of Pai Vs Jann Lee in their new, fan-designed outfits! Credit goes to the FreeStepDodge member VAND1TA for the outfit!

6. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Sick pai video, makes me want to 2nd her in LR

7. AngryFlyingChop

AngryFlyingChop Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RaggedChariot
    DoA seems like one of those games where I gauge who is used more or less than others and make my choice off of that. Bass having Patrick Seitz as his VA makes me never want to play him... Hope there aren't a lot of Leon or Ein players.

8. Virtua Kazama

Virtua Kazama Well-Known Member

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    No... usually there are well-rounded characters this time. I'd watch out for Helena, Ayane, Phase-4, Rachel, and Gen-Fu

9. Project Bokuho

Project Bokuho Active Member

PSN:
    HelloMrBokiHoki
    XBL:
    Project Bokuho
    :sneaky:

10. DestructionBomb

DestructionBomb Active Member

PSN:
    DestructionBomb
    Akira got a new outfit. Man is also equipped with Akuma Beads. This was the outfit I submitted to TN with the help of the artist Ghosty-J who created it. Major credits to him. I'm happy if you must know. The video was from a recent stream not too long ago showing most of the costumes. Sadly they are not good players but oh well. CPU Akira was giving him a pounding if people take pleasure into that.

This is how I'll probably feel when I wear it:

Also shout outs to all the VF players. I'm making a Sarah Exhibition video as well, I'll likely do them in LR since it's a new game and may have some changes on character properties.
    @IcKY99 @BLACKSTAR @Rodnutz @MarlyJay @Puno_de_Leyenda

Also @Rodnutz - I'm swinging by Next Level arcades around mid February or so. Hit me whenever if you ever feel like going.

Yo how's it going.

Puno_de_Leyenda likes this.
  11. Mold_Monkey93

Mold_Monkey93 Well-Known Member

@DestructionBomb Just been grinding with the VF heads every tuesday. How are things on the DoA side of the pond?

12. CJA

CJA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IzunaDrop25
    XBL:
    CJA25
    this game looks so bad texture wise.... just ugly

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  13. Virtua Kazama

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    As everyone should know by now, DOA5 Last Round will be at EVO as a side tournament. Big E Gaming will be hosting it.

14. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

New Interview with Itagaki: http://www.orochinagi.com/2015/01/emperor-cow-meets-tomonobu-itagaki

" Cow: You know, you just said something that has hit the spot to hard its actually painful. I love the DOA Fighting game series. I have always been a fan and to me it was always the game that played better and also looked sexier than all its competition. But that’s just it! It was always a fighting game first, and the sexiness came naturally thanks to how visually pleasing the game was “as a fighting game”. The problem that I, as well as many players out there, have been having with DOA5 is that it lost its identity as a fighter. It started off so well at first with the “I’m a Fighter” slogan and the trailers showing really entertaining fighting. Then it is like they took a huge 180 degree turn and started to exploit the sexy side of the game to the point that it became erotic. The game lost its identity as a fighter and became an online erotic clothes shop. Even when they released some of the classical nostalgia outfits as DLC they went and exposed more under boob or side boob just in order to make them sell more. What they don’t realize is that this is hurting us as a “fighting game community” and we are being looked down upon by all the players of other fighters out there as perverts who just play an erotic game. No matter how hard we as pro players try to showcase the games depth by releasing video content or attending tournaments, they go and flood the market with more bikinis and more cleavage. They have them practically topless in the DOA5 Last Round pre-order for crying out loud. We are being taken as fools"

15. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Akira's new costume looks aight. I'm not feelin the logo (or whatever) on his back, but the rest is coo. I'm glad he didn't get that sweetness treatment Jacky got though, personally.

16. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Great read thanks for sharing! Loved Carl's response in the thread especially the section I highlighted. Like him I really like DOA, but just don't like the shenanigans bundled in DOA5 / DOA5U as a whole. Still I love viewing tourneys and watching the scene grow.

Carl WhiteJan 26, 2015

Power Blow is a + on block comeback factor that does 80-100 pts depending on if there is a wall. It should be unsafe like it was in the beginning of development. Critical burst is ok but because of power blow and power launcher it becomes silly. I have a 60% life lead on you and you have 10% left but because you have power blow/launcher and I don’t and you land one hit you can kill me. So me having 60% and you have 10% doesn’t mean anything cause we essentially have the same amount of life.

Also I would decrease the life bar back to 240 pts. 300 is really dumb and because its at 300. Unsafe attacks are just a slap on the wrist when you punish them.

I would also fix sidestep so strings don’t retract after steppin the initial hit of the string. Sidestep is basically just a parry that parries all hit levels other than tracking attacks so you have to keep sidesteppin to step strings or wait for a specific part of the string which is a guess in itself. Just the entire design of this game I don’t like it. Don’t want to hurt feelings about the game but I just don’t like it.

The best thing about the game however is how they nerfed the hold but they need to decrease the damage back to what it was in vanilla. Holds still deal too much damage.

Also they really need to fix the ground game.

17. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

@DestructionBomb Hey man sorry didn't see this till now. Actually I've taken a small leave of absence from fighting games for the moment. At the moment I"m focused on strengthening other areas of my life so I wouldn't have been able to make it. I'll definitely be back at some point but I have no idea when that will be. The only game I pretty much play right now when I have time is Toukiden on PSTV. If anyone plays that and wants to do some runs feel hit me up.

In the meantime please keep making your vids and posting your matches. Like I said in a previous post I'm always lurking in the shadows here and on FSD. Watching your vids or VF vids helps me fill the void while I'm gone.

DestructionBomb likes this.
  18. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    I'll probably get LR when it gets really cheap, like under $10. Only for something extra to play with friends and a lil online. This lots of stuff in this that annoys the hek out of me, hahah. I don't even try to stagger escape anymore really. Trying to SE every time I get hit is rough. I just take the hits now, and toss a random reversal out sometimes. I can enjoy it every once in a while though. It's just not how I prefer to VS someone in a fighting game.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  19. Virtua Kazama

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    So there's a Twitch replay of Shacknews playing DOA5 Last Round, helped by Sorwah of FSD:
    http://www.twitch.tv/shacknews/v/3736236

One of the most noticeable changes was the last input of Momiji's 236P+K PP 41236987T. Instead of pressing 41236987T at the end, it's now 82T.

20. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Let me know when the frame data and character change log drops