1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round

Discussion in 'General' started by Wiztick, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Well this is what I know and don't know about all that, as I just happened to come across a couple status update things at freestepdodge a while back.

What I don't know is, wether that theme is only on the PS4 and Xbox One systems. Though that would already seem really odd to not have on the old gens since it has nothing to do with graphics.

What I do know is, Emperor Cow (sp?) made a status saying he beat Survival on Legend during a stream and didn't unlock anything. People replied on his status saying x person was trolling when he/she said that that's how you get the theme.

Another person made a status not too long after saying x person was trolling by starting the rumor that beating Survival on Legend unlocks the theme, and to stop trying.

I can only assume Emperor Cow was playing on the next/current (whatever you wanna call it) gen system while streaming the game. Just by how deep in the community he is would have me thinking he would want to stream that version of the game. Also, from my perspective of the FSD community. They like to upload videos of things very quickly to show the stuff. The only video with that theme in it, is that one from 4 months ago.. All of those videos (to my knowledge) that was shown before the game came out, showing off the fan made costumes had no music in them. Meaning the person who uploaded just added his own BGM and used that theme. There isn't a single video of LR with that theme, except that one, where the original video has no BGM.

Only way I know to fully confirm about that theme being unlocked in that way is to ask EC if he was using a PS4/XB1 when he did it (which already sounds like bull that it wouldn't be on the 360 or PS3). Or for the person to read this or your post (which I'm sure they already have, hahah) and just straight up tell you it's cake. Since the cake is a lie, hahah.

I think it's all bull, and I'm only going this far in sharing my thoughts because I couldn't just sit back and watch someone/people get trolled so hard as to thinking that beating friggin Survival mode on Legend difficulty will give you a theme. That just sounds ridiculous its own. And to actually try it.

I could be wrong. But with what little I know, I wouldn't bet on getting that theme by doing Legend Survival.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    Puno_de_Leyenda likes this.
  2. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    FSD:

Soaring Zero

"It's a shame that they nerfed Mila liked they did. She is a really fun character to play with and even though I'm just beginning to learn her, I feel the effects of some of these already. Especially the change to 4K. That one still kinda stings.

Why are DOA players so shit Sorwah? Why Mila players forced to suffer for your pathetic shitty masher communities lack of skill? Please explain why you guys have no actual skillz, please Sorwah! I'd like to give a shoutout to every garbage DOA player that tried to play FS and asked me for games here on VFDC only to get shit on. In VF you no talent scrubs can cry, but you can't win, in DOA you get nerfs, but in in VF you just get destroyed. #DOACommunityAintShit

3. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Wha Wha Wha. Why are you bitching about people bitching? If it bothers you so much, why don't you put some effort into educating these so called "no talent scrubs"? Or at least go bitch at them for their bitching directly. Posting on a complete different website is a bitch move.

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  4. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken
    Cool little vid I found on FSD showing all the characters' tag mode intros and winposes. Some are really entertaining and the vid starts with Akira and Pai!:

Sorwah and Tha_FeauchA like this.
  5. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    I've posted in the same thread that quote came from, but save the most trash talking for this thread as it's more active then that particular forum and a few others, it also boasts some players that actually do pop on FS and I do enjoy blowing them up in ranked, players match, or wherever I can get to them at. Actually posting things about the games frame data has been done, but currently it's pointless as all the frame values are still changing and up to this point nothing is finalized(that pasted comment makes note of more recent changes that probably still aren't final). More patches are incoming and i'll be sure to take jabs here and there until a stabilized finished product is finally out. Even your replies in here are nice and amusing so this thread offers up a lot more value than the actual game that is currently still a WIP.

6. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    I don't play tag mode because of tag combos (tag throws are cool though). But Akira and Kokoro's tag intro and outro are definitely my favorites. Especially that outro. Huahhhhhh!

7. Virtua Kazama

Virtua Kazama Well-Known Member

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    Results from Winter Brawl 9 Top 8:
    1st: M C Kwiggle (Honoka, Christie, Rachel, Lisa, Kasumi) (+10)
    2nd: SonicFox (Honoka, Rachel, Christie, Marie Rose) (+8)
    3rd: XCalibur BladeZ (Leifang, Helena, Alpha-152) (+6)
    4th: Jaegar (Rig, Bass, Ayane) (+4)
    5th: Dr Dogg (Helena, Lisa) (+2)
    5th: Repoman (Hayate) (+2)
    7th: Saion (Marie Rose) (+1)
    7th: Nestor (+1)

Current Standings for Battle Royal 2015:
    1. M C Kwiggle (10 points)
    2. SonicFox (8 points)
    3. XCalibur BladeZ (6 points)
    4. Jaegar (4 points)
    5. DrDogg (2 points)
    5. Repoman (2 points)
    7. Saion (1 point)
    7. Nestor (1 point)

8. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    That's a lot of character switching/usage up there! Hahah. Good stuff to the players!! So, is the character he won the final match with counting as the character who won the tournament? lol.

I'll have to catch the next stream, whenever it is.

9. Virtua Kazama

Virtua Kazama Well-Known Member

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    He actually won with Kasumi. So yea.

Also, in case anyone was wondering why the TO didn't get Nestor's character, he was DQ'd because he couldn't make it due to unfortunate events.

10. Sorwah

Sorwah Well-Known Member

Akira getting some new digs:

Jiro Musashi (Joe Musashi's Father) I believe:
    [​IMG]

(and other characters too) in the first DLC set of Last Round.

Second pack next month will be same theme with the other characters. Third pack will be Senran Kagura costumes for the females the month after. Fourth pack will be the third volume of this ninja theme. Fifth and Sixth packs have not been identified.

If you plan on getting all the packs, you can save *some* money by buying the season pass which gives you an additional costume (swap) of Marie Rose's exclusive to the pass.

Am I the only one who thought it might be more humorous if it was a Kage's gi? Possibly.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    Rodnutz and Puno_de_Leyenda like this.
  11. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    In the video description it says PS4, PS3 and Xbox One. So no Xbox 360 it's looking like. That kinda sucks. Wonder why the 360 isn't getting it but the PS3 is.

12. Sorwah

Sorwah Well-Known Member

They did make mention they were hitting a content limit on the last gen systems... maybe that's it?

Tha_FeauchA likes this.
  13. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Seems like the best reason. Helluva time for that to happen, hahah. Right when some cool stuff comes out after all the swimsuit and "fetish" DLC. Well, what can ya do eh.

*EDIT*
    The 360 ended up getting them today! I'm getting Kokoro's for sure. Akira looks kind of strange in his. I think it's because he has that Samurai thing on his forehead, along with not having a mask. And Phase already has this outfit. So I'm curious if she'll be left out of the next batch of ninja DLC or what they'll give her. I'm content with just being able to get Kokoro's though. So I'll move forward not expecting much more, if at all, extra DLC coming to the 360. They'll all be waiting to be gotten on the next gen consoles anyways.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  14. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken
    Best DLC Pack since the Halloween ones-This is so awesome!!! I'll take Akira as a ninja anyday, but I do hope that he has a toggable mask option...Who knows?

[​IMG]

And yeah, it would have been funny if they just gave him Kage's outfit. lol

Heck yeah bro, Kokoro's is really awesome too! She's channeling some Mileena in that outfit IMO. lol Definitely getting her's as well.

[​IMG]

Honorable shout out to Mila's as well! Looks legit!:

[​IMG]

15. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Yeah I'm sold on the Kokoro outfit. Looks fantastic and a ninja outfit for her is long overdue IMO. Ok back to training mode till I'm one with these combos and learn to throw punish. ;):D:p

16. PKGJimmy

PKGJimmy Active Member

PSN:
    PKG48EILEEN
    XBL:
    JimmyPKG
    that step, wow!

17. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX

Nothing new! What I'd like to see is them increase the speed of the VF characters walking backwards. They move like tanks.

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  18. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Was a reason ever given for their terrible walking speed?

19. Uncle_Kitchener

Uncle_Kitchener Well-Known Member

PSN:
    UncleKitchener
    Outside of staying faithful to the source material, I can't thing of any other reason. VF characters have helluva dash though, pretty much skating around the surface.

20. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Some stuff I'd like to see is,
    [​IMG]

lol, I'm just clownin around.. All bull to the side though, I'm lovin that Kokoro ninja fit. Her and Phase are my characters of choice. And has anybody here played a good Hyabusa? I know I lack knowledge on him, but gawd dam that dude is evasive as fuck! Dude has a monster flow chart to steady go up over and under my punishes for me. Then he got that dissappearing thing he can do while spacing.. Rough mayne. Ima have to peep some matches to see how people deal with that.