1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round

Discussion in 'General' started by Wiztick, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken
    Here's a lil vid I made to show off Akira and Kokoro's ninja outfits as I played against a cpu-controlled team of Hayabusa and Momiji:

Yeah, Hayabusa is legit, I love playing as him! I realize he can be a difficult character to fight, but there are some things you can take advantage of when fighting him...For example, his teleporting stuff from the air, all the attacks can be side-stepped from it or held. Side-stepping his teleporting mix=ups is easier though. When he does the one teleport throw where he lands toward you while in a spinning somersault, that can also be ducked too. With the overhead punch, it's a real pain if you don't avoid it, because it if lands, free air throw for Ryu, but if you block it, he gets a guard break and can press you for an Izuna Drop set-up.

Also, his 6P, just look out for it, because it will come at you and fast, but do your best to defend against it(It's a mid).

His elbows are good pressure and distance-closing tools, almost like a certain other character in the game. lol Watch out for those, because he's +1 on block.

This vid might help you in your training against him:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  2. Virtua Kazama

Virtua Kazama Well-Known Member

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    Blackira, ladies and gentlemen.

3. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

'The HuBBs,' one of Free Step Dodge's administrators and an active member in the community, has posted a general, recommended list of tournament rules.

Why is there a costume ban for DOA5LR?

This is a movement that was discussed by several members of the community to try and help turn around the image that has plagued the franchise. DOA has always been known for its over-sexualized females and just that alone has pushed people away from even trying the game. Sex Appeal in the DOA franchise will never go away but we, the community, want people to take it seriously and started the costume ban at offline tournaments to force people to focus more on the gameplay aspect of the game. This is a soft ban and is at the discretion of the TO running the game at the event. However we HIGHLY encourage people to not use the suggested costumes on stream for something like Top 8.

Banned Content
    DOA5
    Dojo stage is removed from Random Filter
    Over Sexualized costumes* (Soft Ban)
    DOA Dimensions
    Metroid Stage is banned(DOA Dimensions)
    DOA4
    Experimental Playround stage is banned
    DOA3.1
    Hayate's Cartwheel (2P+K / 8P+K) is banned

Costume Ban for DOA5LR:

Ayane - 11, 12, 14, 16, 17, 20, 21, 28, 31, 32, 35, 39
    Christie - 06, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 22, 25, 28, 30
    Helena - 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 22, 24, 27, 30, 32
    Hitomi - 11, 12, 15, 16, 19, 20, 26, 28, 35
    Honoka - 07
    Kasumi - 12, 13, 16, 17, 20, 21, 29, 31, 34, 38
    Kokoro - 11, 12, 15, 16, 19, 20, 26, 28, 35
    Leifang - 14, 15, 17, 18, 21, 22, 27, 28, 31, 38
    Lisa - 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 26, 30
    Marie Rose - 19
    Mila - 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 25, 28, 29, 32, 35
    Momiji - 06, 11, 15, 16, 20, 21, 26, 27
    Nyotengu - 14, 20, 21
    Pai - 07, 08, 09, 13
    Rachel - 06, 09, 13, 16, 19
    Phase 4 - 11, 13, 18
    Sarah - 07, 08, 09
    Tina - 07, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 24, 26, 27, 30, 31, 37

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/fsd-doa-tournament-standard-rules.156/

4. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Dam, that's deep. Should've just asked the players to try not to pick the skimpy outfits, or just not have em downloaded on whatever console(s) they're using. DoA is known for its sexyness (if that's the word) and is what helps make that game a lot of money. That's why they have like, 3-4 hundred dollars worth of that kind of DLC are able to have that much "sexy" DLC and to keep making them.

I haven't seen too many tournaments of this game. But it seems a lot of the players in them are picking these skimpy outfits and them want them to stop. Why hide it to try and get people into the game only for them to find these costumes when they start playing?

Who came up with this idea? Was it Team Ninja? If not, this is kind of shittin on them. Years and hundreds of dollars worth of DLC later, this is brought up.. And again, it's not their fault if the players are choosing to us these outfits to be broadcast on the stream. There must be a lot of em if these measures were needed.

Well, in the end, I don't go to tournaments and this has nothing to do with me at all.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  5. GrizzlyTrollton

GrizzlyTrollton Well-Known Member

Lurking over at FSD. Some people over there are running around like chickens with their heads cut off over this and it seems like the people most pissed off about it are the people who wouldn't even be going to offline events.

The fact that this soft ban has people in an uproar is pretty ridiculous IMHO. People upset throwing around terms like "rights" and "censorship" as if people are taking away their right to play the game they bought on their own console with the DLC they purchased on their own time.

It's amazing how deep the sense of entitlement runs in some people, specially when it comes to videogames.

BlueLink, Sorwah and ToyDingo like this.
  6. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

The way I see it, Tecmo is a shameless money grabbing corporation that does not care about fighing games in the slightest and is out to make a quick buck with DOA. They have been prostituting their game, neglecting to address the fundament of gameplay.

The people who petitiond for this soft ban have the rights to do so: if they organise a turnament, its their turnament, and they can (soft) enforce any rule they like. If people do not like it, they can set up their own turnament.

And besides, I think it is great that some DOA hardcore fans are standing up to TECMO. It's a slap in the face for such a corporation that the very hardcore fans are boycotting their DLC practices.

For those crying censorship and freedom of expression/speech: Hardcore fighting fans have the right to express their dislike of TECMO practices as much as anybody else. Dont like it? organise your own turnament! Show them how is done!

7. Uncle_Kitchener

Uncle_Kitchener Well-Known Member

PSN:
    UncleKitchener
    Less money spent on dlcs for tourneys anyway. I consider that a positive. Back then people had only enough options to count on one hand.

This is irrelevant to the game itself anyway. People will do what they want. The vocal people on FSD never go to any events anyway.

Virtua Kazama likes this.
  8. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    i ll start this game soon, but i need to know, is doa5lr a dlc, or a a fully game, and if it s a dlc which game do i have to get, doa 5 or doa 5 ultimate?
    Last question, how big is the community? bigger than vf or not?

Puno_de_Leyenda likes this.
  9. Virtua Kazama

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    He's right.

1. Get DOA5 Ultimate (or you can digitally download it). For XB1 and PS4, DOA5LR are physical and digital.
    2. It's bigger than VF, but smaller than Tekken.

10. Virtua Kazama

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    MASTER released his long-awaited combo video for Hayabusa. Many of the combos came from DOA5 Ultimate (with the last one from DOA5 Last Round). Watch this.

11. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken
    In addition to what DemonicMindz was saying in regard to the different versions, the PS3/360 free-update versions do not have the new Last Round content such as characters and costumes included...However, they can be purchased as DLC in the "Last Round Set". Moreover, the PS3/360 versions do not have other content exclusive to the PS4/XboxOne versions of the game, such the new stages, costume/hairstyle options, etc. Nor is there any cross-gen netplay unfortunately, but the free-update version on PS3/360 does include the balance/gameplay changes to the game.

O_O Amazingl!!! This is gonna be great for my Hayabusa training! :)

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  12. Has anyone played Jacky on DOA5LR?!?

Is it me or Jacky lacks a lot? First of all, I couldn't help but notice his stationary moves. It seems he lacks motivation to move forward. It's nearly impossible to gap close with Jacky. Since ecery of his moves miss oponent by miles. I know it's far dofferent from vf. But daaaamn, I can't get close to anyone without being blown to bits by 6 attacks or some magic power blows miles away.

Can anyone confirm? Or I just can't get my head around this game?

13. Wiztick

Wiztick Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WizTick
    run up, block. jacky's range is one of his short comings unfortunately. you can use 66K+G or 66K but thats all ya got.

14. Uncle_Kitchener

PSN:
    UncleKitchener
    We got a local Jacky who's really good and all he does is just carefully space forward bit by bit. Once he's in midrange, he starts using kicks to get in. 66h+k is decent and safe for him.

You just need to get in and you can press buttons to win. VF characters are just really good at stunning and doing damage. Jack is exceptionally good at that. I'd say he's a little too susceptible to high holds, but his mixups, speed and general safety makes up for it.

He really is a beast.

15. def

def Well-Known Member

16. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Meh. Was looking forward to something cool for Phase. Looks like they just went back to the same ol' trend of DLC again. 1/4 of a dress and fishnet stockings. Give em a mask and call it Ninja costumes. Sawl good though. That's DoA. Don't know why I expected anything different this time. Guess it was because of what the last group of females got for Ninja costumes.

I realize how lucky we are in VF5FS to have I don't know how many hundreds of pieces of options to customize each character for such a low price. Unless you buy each specific character one by one, lol. $5 for each character, or two $15 bundles for 8/9 characters in each bundle. That Ninja 2 bundle alone is $15 for only 1/3 of the cast, and it's only 1 non customizable outfit for each of em.. Man, are FS players that like costumes lucky.

17. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    On a funny/good times note. He said (Rachel) "She got her hand out like she ready to hold that diuhh". LOL. Clownin.

smbhax and BLACKSTAR like this.
  18. Virtua Kazama

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    Ninja Pack Vol. 2 out now

19. Uncle_Kitchener

PSN:
    UncleKitchener
    Not a huge fan of the second pack. Seems like another artist(s) designed the costumes for this one.

Sorwah likes this.
  20. DestructionBomb

DestructionBomb Active Member

PSN:
    DestructionBomb
    Is this stick any good for anyone? (If anyone has it or tried it before) Thinking of getting it.

HORI Pro V.5 (PS4)
    [​IMG]

---------------------------------------------

Also uploaded a video of trolling the tag system in yee.exe style. Just for enjoyment though.

@Rodnutz Jacky & Akira combo moment at 2:30

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015