1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Did you buy the Customization Packs?

Discussion in 'Console' started by jijilip, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    Try putting the Panda backpack with moving feet on Pai's back and see what happens after a few wins ;)

You can sort of create Sniper Wolf from Metal Gear Solid with Vanessa's bits 'n' bobs if you play around a bit :cool:

2. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    I bought the Vanessa Customization Pack Along with VF5FS itself this Xmas, for starters.
    Will get the 2 "complete" packs soon when finances allows.

3. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

I have them all too the complete edition of vf5fs. Got it when it first came out.

4. negative1

negative1 Active Member

thinking about getting the basic game.

after seeing some of the ridiculous outfits,
    i think i'm going to pass on both of them.

even though they might be fun. the extra
    sparring mode would have been nice though.

i'm more interested in the game.
    the original vf5 had enough customization in it.

i don't need to spend any more time doing things
    that aren't part of the core game.

later

5. Pai~Chun

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    The beauty is you can make them completely OTT, or quite subdued and down to earth. As we have snow here all around in England right now, most of my characters are wrapped up in coats, hats and gloves. Shun even has his bed with him he can hop into post-match to keep warm :zzz:
    Few months from now, if people are hopefully still playing it, I'll have the VF gals back in the bikinis and cocktail dresses :) I don't really play many other 3D games, so the graphic elements of some of the moves, and the costume permutations, blow me away each week. I'd buy another outfit pack in a heartbeat quite frankly if they released one, and I generally despise modern DLC gaming trends.

Genesis likes this.
  6. nou

nou Well-Known Member

This is the best $30 I've ever spent. I'm still coming up with shit almost 9 months later.

UroboroSx and Genesis like this.
  7. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    I got the last parts and have everything aswell.
    It is not important no - but it gives variation and personal flavour to yourself and any enemies (i mean friends.. ; ) you meet.

I look forward be able to see past opponents "for real" now : )

8. Pai~Chun

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    If you run a search, there is a thread on here where people have uploaded some of their outfits. I hope to add a few more myself soon :)

9. Tumbling Dice

Tumbling Dice Well-Known Member

Has there ever been a sale for the item packs? I bought some Microsoft Points today for VF2 and the second costume pack, and I know that the game itself has been discounted multiple times, but I've never seen the item packs on sale.

aldazo likes this.
  10. Pai~Chun

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    Nope, it's pretty much a 30 quid game all in, albeit an awesome one with way more longevity than most other recent releases. Only ever seen FS itself go one sale once over Live.
    It may be cheaper on PSN, but the trade-off is much laggier play, and frequently against random, multiple accounts who don't really take it seriously.
    I'm fairly sceptical (and skint!) in general towards all this DLC stuff, but I can honestly say I have no regrets whatsoever with any of it VF related for 360.
    lol, on my last account, I maxed out how many outfits you could save, and started learning characters I never thought I would use, as their default outfits just never appealed.
    Hard to envisage even playing a fighting game now without such a wide spectrum of personalisation, that's for sure.

Tumbling Dice likes this.
  11. Tumbling Dice

Tumbling Dice Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up, I went right ahead and bought the second item pack. :D I've had a ton of fun customizing characters for quite a while now. I love the Sega related items like Wolf's Piko Piko Hammer and Sarah's Ulala style items. The first time I saw the Opa-Opa item in a VF5R video I couldn't even believe it!

I think that Lion's pet dog is the coolest item ever, alongside the Sonic from VF4FT, 43 seconds in:

Speaking of items from VF4, though, I do miss some of them, like the gold "Champion" items, the VF1 models, and the rainbow orbs.

12. Pai~Chun

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    If you equip Lion's BMX onto his back, he'll randomly ride it as a win pose! Looks rad :cool:

13. aldazo

aldazo Member

I'm still waiting for a DLC pack price drop from $15 to $10 ... :(.

14. aldazo

aldazo Member

... And finally I bought all game+DLC for $6 thanks to the Flash Sale at PSN!!! :coffee:. I also bought tons of other games thanks to the massive discounts. The sale ends monday 16 at 9:00 PST (12:00 EST) so go buy yours and enjoy the customizations!.. Finally I will make Lau full dragon costume a reality :cry:.

15. AngryFlyingChop

AngryFlyingChop Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RaggedChariot
    Yes. All these packs. Wish there was some designs I could steal... >.>

16. Morden

Morden New Member

That PSN flash sale really made my day. I too got the DLC packs, alongside some Sega oldies. Too bad I wasn't able to find any active VF2 players.

17. Mengde

Mengde Member

I actually had a gift card around the time I bought it when it released. I was actually playing TTT2 and my god did FS show me how much of an inferior game Tekken is. Really enjoyed playing around with customization (not usually fond of) , but some of the designs you see online... YUCK!