1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Does Virtua Fighter Still Exist?

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Technocrow, Feb 9, 2016.

1. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

VF can always come back, people seem to forget that Melee was dead for years after brawl came out, at the end of the day it boils down to how much people are willing to support it.

Also, having a documentary might help...

Tha_FeauchA and BLACKSTAR like this.
  2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    To perhaps answer the original question more simply:

If you play it, then it exists.

Kenshearer, G0d3L, Tricky and 6 others like this.
  3. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Vf will only happen when $$ is involved

FcoBenitez, Shinobi and steelbaz like this.
  4. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    In his initial post he was specifically asking about competitive offline VF for money/prizes via tournaments. He wasn't asking about online or offline casuals, so the answer to that is no.

Icky is correct there needs to be $$$ involved.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  5. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    Bring back Justin Wong so Sega can throw more money at him while GT nearly survives another Japanese gauntlet.

Or keep playing, I guess.

ToyDingo, ShinyBrentford, nou and 3 others like this.
  6. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Myke's statement pretty much ends this discussion. Everything else just sounds like excuses.

Technocrow likes this.
  7. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Sega themselves had a huge part in this.

steelbaz likes this.
  8. Technocrow

Technocrow Active Member

Stl_Tim is right. I completely agree. As long as you play and enjoy this game then it exists, there is nothing more than that. Just because sega isn't throwing money at the scene anymore (or ever did) doesn't mean I won't give this game a try. I think this is an amazing game and I can just only hope that more people will eventually see it and maybe pick it up. I am going to put in the effort to try to get good, play online, and if the chance arises go to a tournament if they're still being hosted by then.

ToyDingo, Tha_FeauchA and Ellis like this.
  9. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    where in upstate new york are you?

10. Mold_Monkey93

Mold_Monkey93 Well-Known Member

As of SFV's release. That's a tough question.

11. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

This thread is pointless. Those posting could be playing.

ToyDingo and ShinyBrentford like this.
  12. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

There you have it, @Myke answered the question: VF does not exist. GG.

13. Ares-olimpico

Ares-olimpico Well-Known Member Content Manager Lion

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    We play VF on monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday and perhaps sunday. I don't understand the question

14. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    VF is dead in some peoples minds because they have deemed it so. The mind can be powerful. If you want to play VF...THEN PLAY! If you dont then sit down and stfu,but dont try to impose your preferences on others. And why are people makin sf5 an issue of vf popularity?????? VF is 3d and SF5 is 2d.

15. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Care to elaborate?

Ellis likes this.
  16. Technocrow

Technocrow Active Member

I am in the Rochester area, but it will be hard to play right now because I am in the middle of the college semester. Maybe I can try to introduce it to our local FGC club.

17. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    Introduce it to them, yeah. Definitely keep up with @oneida cause even though it is a far ride, I'll bet he'd offline with you on occasion, as well as having a stable online connection most likely.
    That's also close enough that you can come to the next NYG if you are still interested by Summer time. We don't have exact dates for it yet, but it is usually in August. It's a good experience and a lot of people travel from far away for it, so you will get lots of exposure to competition. If you keep an eye on VFDC, we will probably be posting dates soon. Some of the best in the western world show up for VF, and it's a good way to see how much depth is in the game.

Ellis, oneida and Myke like this.
  18. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Same old thing that has been repeated before of the circular argument of gamers not caring because sega doesn't care because gamers don't care etc.

The Sega Cups were awesome but the timing wasn't off. The online DRM tied to Japanese arcades throughout the VF5 series sure didn't help on top of never keeping up to date with releases (bad VF3 port, VF4:FT, VF5R etc.). It's nothing new and has been repeated and brought up plenty of times.

not sure why Myke's quote wasn't quoted.... :/

Ellis likes this.
  19. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Vf still exist.... it called the shoutbox.

Ellis likes this.
  20. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    lol Shiny
    Virtua Fighter 5 Final Shoutbox

Ellis likes this.