1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

European ButtonCzech - online exhibitions of old continent players

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Unicorn, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    GGs to both players maki and nowhere. Maki in first matches played really careful and more defensive but then nowhere forced him to play more offensive and we all know how strong maki's offence is. Nowhere played really well, i liked the specific stuffs against vanessa, you can do a lot of damage against her. I remember you mentioned yesterday in shoutbox that you didnt hitcheck well. i think your hitcheck generally is good its just maki's game forced you to abare/risk more. GGs to both again.

I would like to see Nero VS Maki. Both have amazing offence but i would like to see how they would defense each other.

no_w_h_ere and Ellis like this.
  2. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    From my part, u annihilate my Intercept position (the lay down position) that s frustrated me the most, i ve always been scared to be catched or launched and get some serious dmg. so i had to improvise a little on wake up.
    Uni noticed it i "respect" ur offence i had to defend more than usual coz the 3KP or the knee made drop my bar very fast. i tried to mix stances too in the point to not assimilate my game coz u do it fast. And like always, fighting a guy who doesn t evade is weird coz i like to notice when he evades, with 8 or 2 and punish it.
    So i had a lot of weapons cancelled, this is the reason why u are on my personnal death note. The positive point is i finally get my revenge, i mean it s been a long time ago when we played the final of the tournament site (i don t remember the name). And i never forget it. Even if it s not kinda important, i was mad!!!

Guys i will follow the order of my death note, just to know, actually there is a big hole sozos btw me and Nero, Nero have this capacity to notice every mistake u make and punish it very hard (as Jacky can do it to lightweigths) and Nero knows almost by heart all my set ups so i m like inoffensive vs him, but, as i said i will follow the list and there will be a Nero vs Maki if he s agree ofc.
    About Kingo Manji i asked few times to fight him but impossible to schedule it, i m sure there still a lvl diff btw us 2 but Aoi isn t a char who scare me like before, she s frustratin to play for sure but i love to destroye her being a superlightweigth. And since Van is kingo's "favourite sandbag" it will be fun =) i can t wait
    For now i have to focus to my next on my list.
    So @KahnRahn do u accept my challenge?
    I u re agree it won t be this weekend i don t want to monopolize the EBC. So keep me in touch for ur availibility.
    So, my request, i would like to see a @Mister vs @Unicorn seems like a wrestlemania pay per view event or a @Combolammas vs @no_w_h_ere to know who the badass goh =)

Last edited: May 4, 2015
    no_w_h_ere and Sozos like this.
  3. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Mirror matches sounds like a pretty nice idea. Why not? :)

Last edited: May 4, 2015
    MakiLeSushi likes this.
  4. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    I saw the replay, I didn't do that 66K+G enough ( and too many 66P+G), and dropped so many things...
    Like Combolammas said I never tried a K after a throw escape, I really lost frames, trying to do delays when I shouldn't. About evades I don't always feel comfortable as I usually don't cancel them, another important thing to work on ^^"

I'm ok to fight Combolammas (but I'm not a big fan of mirrors myself) or anyone else of course !

About fighters I'd like to see kingheim very much, I like his shun ( I'll try to contact him, see if he's interested), and of course nero vs kingo ^^( jacky vs aoi).

Meanwhile if anyone wants some casual games and see me connected I'll be glad to fight !

5. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I would like to do a mirror, but on sunday I'm always busy (especially a the streaming time). Maybe this saturday?

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  6. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    This weekend, there is "prolonged weekend" in my country. I can not guarantee I will be available on Friday or Staurday evenings and most probably, I will not :(

7. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    well, who play on sunday?

8. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I honestly do not know. Too much going on in here at my work and at home so I got a bit distracted from EBC.
    So... Any volunteers?

(BTW no EBC next week, I will be out from my home to Prague to participate (read: fail) on MKX tourney :) )

Sozos likes this.
  9. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    I wanna go to Prague too >=(

10. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Since my name was brought up earlier:

I can't play nowhere since I don't have live gold now, PSN only. I'm also not available this weekend, I need to study for 2 exams.

11. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I found the time to watch EBC 18 and 19. I stumbled upon Sozos in the shoutbox and gave him my feedback for #18 so here's my thoughts on Nowhere's play from #19:

Good defense, including ducking vs high string followups
    Very patient play that was rewarded with counterhits for massive damage & frequent round comebacks
    Good use of goh's guard-or-hit-throw
    Good use of throw reversals after 3KP and 66P+G
    Some combo drops :( but those that were not dropped were max damage vs lightweights (y)

Some tips vs vanessa:

Maki baits your low punches with OS 2K and 6P and punishes your predictable play with 9P - try interrupting those strings with a punch sabaki or shoulder ram
    Punish DS Hold G+2/8 P
    Use more K when breaking throws that leave the opponent sideturned. This is in the "vs vanessa section" because, maybe, you are afraid of DS vane's kick sabaki? STILL, you MUST use a kick against her from time to time, in order to keep her honest (Maki realized this elbowing and went for a 46K punch sabaki)
    OS 4K NH 6>P+G is interruptible. You ate that catch throw a LOT (iirc Maki only does (and lands) the punch followup in the last game)

no_w_h_ere likes this.
  12. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Good tips i agree for all of this. On breakin throws i was waitin him to mix with k and 6p but since he did only p i was kinda safe everytime with the p sabaki. I ll add he patient, maybe too much, when he became agressive i had some bad times to defend so be more agressive. Best def is attack...
    Edit: oh and @erdraug pls stop advicing ppl how to beat my van =p

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  13. no_w_h_ere

XBL:
    nowhere0
    Sozos, about hitchecking I mainly meant reactivity to be able to play "frame-tight" ( I usually can see what's happening but I'm often too slow for an appropriate response ^^").

@erdraug thanks for the advices ! About the catch throws I should work on animation recognition of the options of intruder, I know the catch throw can be interrupted with a big launcher, but to play safer if I can't recognize it, could DM[3][3](cancel) be a good option select defense ?

I found out that abare is a really good tactic against me, as I'm too static if I try [6][K] or other rewarding tool I can be punished hard if my opponent mix it with spacing and begin to whiff punish me...^^"

14. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I... actually don't know :( I can't input EDC consistently so i kinda forgot to test if it beats all three options :oops: If you/anyone could test i would be more than glad to add it to the relevant thread.

15. no_w_h_ere

XBL:
    nowhere0
    I wonder mainly against the [4][K] on CH as it's +7 and exe of the follow ups are 16 for catch throw and 19 for the others.
    I don't know how many frames it takes for a DM[3][3] (and by the way the [3][3] is only for canceling or you have to input another [3][3] to be considered crouched to avoid the catch throw ?)

16. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

I'm prettysure somewhere in the dojo forum there's a thread full of such infos :whistle:

17. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Still nothing for ebc?

18. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
  19. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Are there any volunteers for this Sunday?
    I will really appreciate some VF stream once again :)

20. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I dont want to play on sunday evening cause I have early wakeup on monday. Saturday I might be able to play a little.

Unicorn likes this.