1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

evading vs specific characters

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Unicorn, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Lord_Hollow

Lord_Hollow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    LordHollow_KMH
    XBL:
    LordHollow
    Aoi- Evade to her back.. The only thing she has that's to be evaded to the front is the second [P] in 6[P][P], 1[P] which is a low and 66[P], which is used at medium range primarily... So... Yea...

VFnumbers and Unicorn like this.
  2. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

66P near wall= half bar.

erdraug likes this.
  3. Lord_Hollow

PSN:
    LordHollow_KMH
    XBL:
    LordHollow
    Very true, Chibitox. I was working on her standard wall combo a couple night ago. So sick. Also, there is nothing right about your profile pic.. lol. Except it's hilarious.

4. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    That's an avatar, not a profile pic. This isn't fb!

Lord_Hollow likes this.
  5. Lord_Hollow

PSN:
    LordHollow_KMH
    XBL:
    LordHollow
    My statement still stands! lol

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    so near wall switch direction (like with Taka)?

7. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Lau is kinda a tossup based on how he likes to play. He doesn't have heavy combo starters from half circulars so none of it is super threatening.

He definitely has MORE moves that need to be evaded front. [4][6][P][+][K] , his [4][P] string, [2][K][+][G]

But if he's [6][6][P][+][K] happy you might want to evade back.

In terms of threat? His [4][6][P][+][K] leads to the most damage since it'll be auto CH into [4][6][P] combo if you evade back.

I'd say evade front. His [6][6][P][+][K] only leads to him having advantage again.

And i'm not going to go into wall situations. Do that research on your own :p

Unicorn and Chanchai like this.
  8. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Come on. This thread is about helping people to understand the game, not about saying "I have a secret" :p
    Anyway, thank you a lot for great post :)

9. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

66P+K may be Lau's most dangerous threat from te moves mentioned above near walls.
    Maybe Krye can provide some aditionnal info ?

10. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Lol I wasn't trying to hide anything. Posted the above info at work, didn't have time to write up a huge article. The last sentence was just a joke :p

It's hard to explain to people who don't understand wall situations well, but if you and your opponent are parallel / off axis to the wall, and Lau has his BACK facing the wall, yes, [6][6][P][+][K] is dangerous. In short though, I don't feel like this is the thread to talk about that kind of stuff.

If ANY character has a half circular that can push you to the wall for a side wall hit, you should be evading toward the wall, or better yet not evading at all. That's the simplest way to explain it and covers every character :D

Unicorn likes this.
  11. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Lol Joseph, it was just a joke from me as well, you sound so mysteriously :D
    Anyway thank you a lot for the info - I am trying to make this thread gathering basic info for players who are not that much into VF / do not have enough time to do the research on their own.
    Info like this can be invaluable for such people and I am really gratefull to anyone who posted into this thread

12. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    conclusion from shoutbox about Goh:
    * evade crouch dash cancel is the best option, because of 66K+G hitthrow
    * 3PP / 3KP can be double-evaded for guaranteed backthrow
    * evade to back is less risky, but still risky

Chanchai likes this.
  13. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

is that possible to do the burning hammer with wolf? :p if yes goh should really think if doing those attack or not.

14. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it won't be guaranteed. I'm guessing the throw input will register a normal back throw and not burning hammer.

But always good to check--should test that out hehe ^_^

15. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

bruning hammer has a back version, but i think it will still have the execution on 16 frames. I can't think a way to test it in back turned situations but i'll do some tests soon.

16. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Ah nice, my bad!

17. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    it is possible, but damn hard to execute properly

18. Mister

I was doing the following test:

record goh do to: P > 3pp > spam punches
    or P > 3kk > spam punches

If you do it correctly you will obtain a revers burning hammer for nice 120 damage. It's not easy to do it in a match but it's good to know if you spam those moves against a good wolf player you'r gonna lose 120 points of your health.

Unicorn likes this.
  19. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Thx for confirming, I never did proper tests :(

Anyway, did anyone have the info aboutevading vs remaining chars (Pai, Shun, Blaze)? Will be more that appreciated!

20. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Evade towards El Blaze's back. His PPP string is a position switch so of they don't do the follow up K, which is a Full Circular, you will be to his side. A lot of of his string end up in position switches which means you should generally evade to his back.

Unicorn and Chanchai like this.