1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Evasive properties of Shoulderram

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Manjimaru, May 28, 2010.

1. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Following up the Lion thread, I tested Akiras shoulderram due to MarlyJays insistence, and lo and behold, it actually has evasive properties.
    Heres what I found out so far:

[6][6][P] Blocked (-5) -> [3][3][6][P]+[K]
    Beats following attacks in following stance

Brad: low punch in both, [6][P] in closed
    Jeff: low punch in both, [6][P] in closed
    Goh: [3][P] and low punch in closed
    Sarah: lowpunch in both, [6][P] in closed
    Jacky: low punch in closed
    Lau: Low punch in closed
    Wolf: [3][P] in open
    Blaze: low punch in open
    Lei: [6][6][P] in closed

I may put together a video showcasing the properties so people get better idea. In some cases you need to delay the shoulderram a fraction, so the evasive properties must be in the very beginning of the move.

2. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I couldn't help but notice you skipped Vanessa [​IMG]

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">I can't test ATM but, from memory, shldrm beats low punches both stances, OS [6] [P] both stances while it loses to DS [6] [K] both stances (that knee has a pretty low hitbox - contrary to OS [9] [K] [+] [G] which just flies over akira most of the time).

Basically the ideal solution for OS vane is to use OS [3] [K] or [4] [6] [K] at -5 since they have low hitbox(es) - this is not akira specific btw, should also be used at -5 against goh's shldrm too and why not against lion's db+p or shun's d+k. Note that eileen has 10f jab so df+k can lose at -5. Also note that i've had akira's shdlrm go under DS [3] [K] sometimes, however this probably is stance/distance related - on the other hand DS [K] floor scrapes if you'd rather get a sideturn than the hit-throw.

Anyway, take with a grain of salt; real testing would be greatly appreciated, don't forget to test against DS WS [P] too [​IMG]</span>

3. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Manji but you already knew this right?
    It's not different from VF4 Akira either.

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Nope. Couldnt get it consistent and some of these arent consistent either due to having to delay the ShRm. There are moves out there that are a lot more evasive than Akiras ShRm. Shoulderrams arent equal either.

I test with CPU set to block and counter, I cant do more. Tell me how to make CPU go into OS.. What wasnt mentioned above then ShRm didnt avoid those characters LPs or mids in any stance (couldnt test Vanes OS). I didnt 'skip'.

5. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    The scientific method [​IMG] Test Everything.

I'm very surprised it avoids Lau's low punch. Eileen gets hit when i try and i though that would be more evasive than anything else. Then again, Eileen's ShRm evades around the middle of the start up frames rather than the beginning.

I look forward to more VF revelations [​IMG] Good work, Manji

6. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Your answer makes sense manji, there were a lot more characters than just vanessa "missing", i guess i'm just biased [​IMG]

7. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Just a note, its possible that ShRm evades other slower attacks too, but I cant test those without a partner. If some people would like to, feel free to test.

9. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    manj ill tes with u.
    I think the most important wants to test are BIG CH moves likes knees and sidekicks..
    those should sufficient for now i guess?
    Manj, btw..... are u sure GOH SHRD is different than akira.. the evasive properties?

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    YES

11. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

Something Ive been doing for over a year now, is [4] [6] [P] [3] [3] [6] [P] [+] [K]
    Its god like.Most opponents will 2p when they see standing palm, shrm goes under 2p and standing plm is+1 on block.

12. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    hey i do the same SETUP, except im at minus 4
    ( :