1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Final Battle Audition of the VF5 Series

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Oct 29, 2012.

By akai on Oct 29, 2012 at 4:17 PM
  1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    The last Battle Auditions for the Virtua Fighter 5 series in Japan will take place in November. The Battle Auditions are a regular series of tournaments to determine Sega's Star Players. On November 4th, 2012 there is the Kantou Battle Audition. Winner of that tournament will join 5 other "Candidate Star Players" to challenge the current 闘士十傑 ("The Ten Great Fighters") Star Players in the Trial Leagues (2 blocks of 8 players round robins) on November 18, 2012 at 11 AM JST . The top 10 players from the Trial Leagues will join the current 三闘士 ("The Three Champions") Star Players in a 13 player round robin - the Star Player League. This will determine the new Three Champions and Ten Great Fighters. The number 1 rank player will also be given a special title.

More information will be provided in the future. For past information and archive of the previous tournaments in the Final Season of Battle Audition Summary Thread. Link to the original source of information.

Promotional Trailer for Final Battle Audition (11 AM JST start time,​
    nico nico for the live stream of event / ustream for the live standings in progress)​
    Update: December 27th, 2012 - Playlist of the Round Robin Leagues (143 videos)
    Results from the Trial Leagues and Star Player League -
    The Three Champions
    01. Joseph (AK) - Special Title 炎龍王 - Enryuuou - Fire Dragon King
    02. Kanzen Nitaku (WO)
    03. Kissu (BL)

The Ten Great Fighters
    04. Fullswing (LI)
    05. Anaguma (JA)
    06. Tomarion (LI)
    07. Yogo Kage (KA)
    08. Senningiri (KA)
    09. Mukku (TA)
    10. Choutarou (JN)
    11. Fuudo (SH)
    12. Guriyan (KA)
    13. Shindou Jacky (LA)

Players that did not make it to the new Star Player Roster
    Hirogana de Aoki (JA)
    Byakko (PA)
    Kakurikon (AO)
    Malcolm X (AO)
    Kaibutsu (VA)
    Umecchi (EI)

Aion, UFOKIDsune, Ylyon and 2 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Oct 29, 2012.

1. BlackGeneral
      BlackGeneral
      Who is already qualified? I remember you posted up a stream from UStream. Did that have anything to do with this?
    2. akai
      akai
      They are listed in this link (posted in the first post) Final Season of Battle Audition Summary Thread.
    3. JacobEvo
      JacobEvo
      Is chibita fighting in this event?
    4. akai
      akai
      JacobEvo - I don't think so
    5. akai
      akai
      Just got an update on the Kantou Battle Audition. It will actually begin ~ 4 hours from now. Updated first post to correct the mistaken dates.

The Trial League and Star Player League round robins will still be done on the date mentioned previously - November 18th.
    6. akai
      akai
      Random drawings to determine spots in the trial leagues. 5 of the"Ten Great Fighters" and 3 star player candidates (Italics) in each trial league block.

A Block Trial League
      Byakko (PA)
      Kanzen Nitaku (WO)
      Fuudo (SH)
      Joseph (AK)
      Umecchi (EI)
      Hirogana de Aoki (JA)
      Shindou Jacky (LA)
      Guriyan (KA)

B Block Trial League
      Kakurikon (AO)
      Malcolm X (AO)
      Choutarou (JN)
      Mukku (TA)
      Senningiri (KA)
      Yogo Kage (KA)
      Kaibutsu (VA)
      Kissu (BL)

Star Player League
      Anaguma (JA)
      Tomarion (LI)
      Fullswing (LI)
      10 players from the trial leagues.

VFTV Live Source of Information
    7. akai
      akai
      Promotional Trailer for Final Battle Audition (11 AM JST start time, live stream on niconico)​
    8. akai
      akai
      Final Battle Audition - nico nico for the live stream of event / ustream for the live standings in progress
      cobratron likes this.
    9. BlackGeneral
      BlackGeneral
    10. akai
      akai
      To the best of my knowledge - Highest rank Homestay reach (also shown in that link is bakuenshin, flame god rank)
    11. BlackGeneral
      BlackGeneral
      Ahhh... that under Tenshoushin I guess? Oh well. Love to see my VF idol get that rank... even if he may be past his prime.
    12. akai
      akai
      Results -

The Three Champions
      01. Joseph (AK) - Special Title 炎龍王 - Enryuuou - Fire Dragon King
      02. Kanzen Nitaku (WO)
      03. Kissu (BL)

The Ten Great Fighters
      04. Fullswing (LI)
      05. Anaguma (JA)
      06. Tomarion (LI)
      07. Yogo Kage (KA)
      08. Senningiri (KA)
      09. Mukku (TA)
      10. Choutarou (JN)
      11. Fuudo (SH)
      12. Guriyan (KA)
      13. Shindou Jacky (LA)

Players that did not make it to the new Star Player Roster
      Hirogana de Aoki (JA)
      Byakko (PA)
      Kakurikon (AO)
      Malcolm X (AO)
      Kaibutsu (VA)
      Umecchi (EI)
    13. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      Any link for the stream?
    14. Mister
      Mister
      Is there any chance that it is recorded on YouTube? it sucks have my computer down :( at least on YouTube i could watch the tournament on my phone.
      Thanks for your work akai :)
    15. akai
      akai
      The same links posted earlier in here. http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv115254229

If you can't access it, I assume its because you did not select the timeshift option that allow it be viewed after the live stream is over.
    16. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      I was not online during the stream (family issues) so probably not.
      Is there any chance anyone will put it on youtube? I will be able to do it in case I will have access to the original stream :(
    17. akai
      akai
      According to Virtua Fighter Japan official site, the archive should be viewable.
    18. Unicorn
      Unicorn
      It is - for anyone with premium membership. Even the page is VERY specific about this issue:

Even if you missed this show, by registering for Premium Membership, you can watch show without reservation.
      Register for Preimum Membership and watch this program

Unfortunatelly registring for it is not possible for me - too many japanese chars and no help what/how to do
    19. akai
      akai
      If you scroll to the very bottom of nico webpage, there should be an english version or chinese version of nico nico. That should make most of the text displayed in English.