1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Forums Upgraded to XF 1.5

Discussion in 'Site News, Questions and Feedback' started by Myke, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The forums have been upgraded to the latest stable release of XenForo 1.5.1. This release includes a number of bug fixes, performance improvements, and the following new features:

Profile Post Comment Enhancements
    Comments made to profile posts have been long neglected until now. In this release, users can now "like" comments made within a profile post.

profile-post-comment-like.PNG

If someone likes a comment you made, you get an alert just as expected. Similarly, profile post comment activity will appear in the News Feed / Recent Activity page.

profile-post-comment-recent-activity.PNG

Profile post comments are now indexed too, which means they are searchable from the global "Everything" search, or from the Search Profile Posts tab on the search page:

profile-post-search.PNG

It's also worth mentioning that comments made in profile posts may be reported as well.

Minor Changes
    Other changes include:
    • Two-step verification is now available for added security.
    • The trophies/points system has been disabled. This is not strictly a "new" feature, but it has finally been turned into an option I can disable globally. I don't think it added any real value anyway.
    • There's a new way to display notices in a floating window (you were probably directed here by one of them!)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

NOO you can't get rid of the points! How will I enlist more in the eileen army to best Libertines Like count????

3. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

whoa!
    Two-Step Verification!!

this is VERY nice! amazing that a message board has this. good shit. ill be using this since i have 90% of my accounts on this system.

IcKY99 and Myke like this.
  4. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    @Myke I know it is just a detail, but will it be possible to have comments under status allowed by default, or at least the settings being easier to find?
    Most people do not even know they need to approve this to happen manually; and if they wanna, then usually needto ask in shoutbox where to change this

5. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I think you're referring to the setting that allows others to Post messages on your profile page, found under your Privacy settings:

account-privacy.PNG
    There's no global setting to default this to on/off but I'll send out a notice to remind everyone of the option.

Unicorn likes this.
  6. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    @Myke just a quick question: As Youtube Gaming stream service is now in work and it seems pretty cool right now, especially when compared to Twitch quality of services here in Europe, I am (and I believe some others may be too) interested in streaming through Youtube. But to be honest, the "live stream" box here on VFDC is stopping me from considering this seriously, because let's be honest - this is the best advert any VF stream should ever get. Notices posted on shoutbox are overlooked often, this feature is not.

So... Is there any chance to include Youtube live streams to the Stream section, side-by-side with Twitch?

7. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    YouTube streaming is already supported! Go ahead and submit your channels!

Unicorn likes this.
  8. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I did:

Channel URL did not match any supported services.

Channel link is https://youtu.be/YfOb2VD6-BI

EDIT: Solved

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  9. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
  10. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
  11. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
  12. BlueLink

BlueLink Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BLUELINKBR
    Two-Step Verification is sweet! Thanks for it Myke.

13. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Unicorn likes this.
  14. Chill

Chill +40 DP Content Manager Shun Gold Supporter

PSN:
    Chill58
    XBL:
    Chill PKG
  15. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    This was controlled via permissions and was previously allowed for Media Managers only. I've now set it so that all registered members can tag media, so give it a try now?

Chill likes this.
  16. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I'd imagine there exists some trick to make it happen, but I can't say how to do it. After all, currently it is defaulting to the second option on the pulldown menu. Not on/off by the way, but rather between "members only" and "people you follow only". It should be defaulted to "members only".

While at it, could you at least change the current 'light gray' color of certain texts to a darker tone, like the color of "people who may..." text in the settings. Its barely readable against white background.

17. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Well, that's your opinion (and that's OK), but the forum developers decided to err on the side of least invasive when they introduced this new feature. So the user must "opt in" if they want to open up their profile to profile posts, as well as specifying who can post. Personally, I'm OK with this approach.

I agree it was too light. Colour has now been darkened.

18. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    The approach is somewhat ok, but I remember I spent months wanting to change it but not being able to since I couldn't find where the option was hidden... You can say what you want, but there are too many settings and its location is not really intuitive imo. There have been others with the same problem besides me.