1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Frame Data Viewer

Discussion in 'General' started by noname, Aug 10, 2012.

1. noname

noname Member

Frame Data Viewer
    Check this link for an experimental frame data viewer
    Very buggy and far from complete but give a better view than a table

Comments and feedback's are welcome!

Johoseph and Chanchai like this.
  2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I like it, but maybe use the move commands instead of their names. None of us know the names of stuff.

3. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

That's a pretty unique idea, visualizing frame data. Thanks a lot!

4. King9999

King9999 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mmking9999
    This is pretty cool!

One suggestion though: how about an explanation of what all the numbers indicate? I figured out what most numbers are for, but I'm not clear on a few of them. I'm guessing that the number in the left corner of the green box is recovery frames, but then what's the number in the top right corner of that same box? The number below it in the red box is disadvantage on block, and the number below that is advantage on hit, right?

5. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    blue - advantage/disadvantage frames on Normal Hit
    red - advantage/disadvantage frames on Block (standing jabs result in + value)
    yellow - advantage frames on Counter Hit

Good info presented here, noname. My only suggestion is that it might be a good idea to double the size of the chart so it'll be easier for everyone to read all the numbers, letters and symbols inside of it. Or at least consider stretching the chart vertically.

Kruza

6. noname

noname Member

Thanks for suggestions, Working on it!

7. noname

noname Member

Done:
    • All Characters
    • Movement listed by input then name
    • Ability to zoom in (click and hold)
    Some commands don't display mostly because lack of data or because i messed up the data!

To Do:
    • Help/Legend
    • Clean up data
    • Your suggestions here!..
    Frame Data Viewer

Chanchai likes this.
  8. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Nice touch on including the zoom feature. That's a brilliant idea to make this feature optional for the viewer as well.

Heh, I was going to ask you how will the chart be able to display the very small category of moves that takes over 99 total frames of execution like Kage's [6][6][P][+][K][+][G]. Now I know.

Anyway, those types of moves really don't matter in the grand scheme of things. What is important is that your chart covers all the moves in the game that people would want to visually analyze, compare and contrast frame information on. Well done!

Kruza

9. noname

noname Member

Done:
    • Bookmarks: Sample
    • Negative offsets as a way to scroll long moves Sample (TY Kruza!)
    • Added char "noname" :p for common framedata Sample (only as Player 2!)
    • Dynamic Evasion Calculator, idea (not mine) from this thread, Sample (add offset to noname so is not failed!)
    To Do:
    • Help...
    The Frame Data Viewer has been tested on Chrome, Firefox and Opera mini Android(no text), the page use Html5 Canvas for drawing the charts and its heavy on Client side Script.
    [​IMG]

The player data is contained in a simple CSV file, one for each char, for example: akira.csv
    All data come from VFDC Command List Repository with minimal modifications (and i still mess up the data!).
    Frame data displayed is based on VFDC wiki, last frame Exe = first frame Act.

As always comments and feedback's are welcome!

Chanchai likes this.
  10. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Very nice. The option to compare with another move is awesome. Bookmarks are great, this way it's possible to drop links directly in shoutbox and/or threads to illustrate one's point!

Took me a while to realize that frames on hit are listed before frames on block though.

Also, just a heads up: there's an error with the excel command lists. Vanessa's DS [4][P] is +19 on CH, not 10.

Update: tested it on my Android phone. It works. It's brilliant. Thank you.

Also: how are you planning to populate the "Combo Graph" feature? Using VFdc's combo lists (once they are up?)

Chanchai likes this.
  11. noname

noname Member

Frame Data Viewer

Done:
    • Help ...not complete yet!
    • Ability to "upload" new command list files, see Help and tooltip in options.
    • Worked on mobile compatibility (i never used Android stock browser, TY erdraug!).
    • Option to disable browser cache of command files (useful for me mostly).
    • NEW UI [​IMG] just a prototype for now
    Combo Graph will be ready as soon VFDC combo list are up, need to check the files and figure a way to organize the combo chart. As for now the ADD button add current Player1 command input to the chart (max 20), REM remove last command.

To Do:
    • Finish Help!
    • Add side-turn options ( DMG<=14=+2f; DMG<=24=+3f; DMG>=25=+6f Correct??? )
    • Clean up Code (its a mess!)
    • Integrate new UI (its a bigger mess!)
    • Learn HTML and JavaScript (im not kidding!)
    Regards.

Chanchai likes this.
  12. TRI Mike

TRI Mike Member

PSN:
    Abuelo_RPG
    XBL:
    TRI Mike
    I can't see it. I'm getting an error.

13. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Just noticed a command input error that you might want to fix, Akira [2_][6][P] (on hit) [P] is incorrectly listed as [2_][6][P] (on hit) [P]+[G]

14. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    The new layout is even better!

One suggestion: the P2 information box (the one that details Lvl Dmg Exe Act Tot Grd Hit CH Escape Sober S. Replay) could appear ABOVE the P2 move selector.

Feck likes this.
  15. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Still learning how to use this thing, but I like it so far. Keep up the good work! :)

16. noname

noname Member

Done:
    • [​IMG] New UI!
    • Listed Frames on Guard BEFORE frames on Hit (at last!).
    • Added Opponent Side Turned (OST) frame advantage.
    • Updated Help.
    Corrected Akira ( uncheck "Cache Player data" in Options to see the changes or clear browser cache)
    Moved P2 Info Table above P2 command selector (original position, forgot why moved it down!)

To Do:
    • Hunt down command errors!.
    • ... im done!?
    Next:
    • Combo Time![​IMG]If you think the viewer is hard to get wait you see this!:p
    Regards.