1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

FS Sabaki list? Why aren't sabaki details on Commands section?

Discussion in 'Site News, Questions and Feedback' started by Kaitlin, May 15, 2013.

1. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Most likely the class for old moves hasn't changed.

Eileen's [4][K] in VF5 vanilla is a HK, [4][K][+][G] is a High Crescent Kick [HCR]

I don't know what the attack is in FS.

2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Man that's SOOOOOOO random. I always thought 4K+G was considered airborne which is why it beat most sabakis.

3. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I'm pretty sure airborne moves can still be sabakied, as long as it's the appropriate attack class.

Anyway, DS Vanessa's sabakis:

DS [4][6][K]: HP,HE,MP,EL
    DS [4][6][P][+][K]: HK,MK,SK,KN
    DS [1][P]: LP,LK
    DS BT [2][P]: LP,LK
    DS IP [P][+][K]: LP,LK

IDK if the actual sabaki windows have been modified from VF5 vanilla but, assuming that nothing was modified, then with the exception of [4][6][P][+][K] all of them should work from frame 1.

Also:

DS [5]: HP

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  4. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

5. Tricky

I like the link but could you just post copy past the move in question and the commands? Just so we can collect all the information in one central location. Thanks for adding ur 2cents !

MarlyJay likes this.
  6. Feck

I guess so, though anyone could have done that :p

Akira [4][P]+[K]+[G] (his only sabaki) covers High Punches, High Kicks, High Elbows & Low Punches .

7. Tricky

Hold up, I swear that shit has gotten my mid punches/elbows. You telling me I can whore out mids and be safe from his sabaki?

8. Feck

Yep, doesn't cover any mid class attacks at all.

9. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

http://virtuafighter.com/threads/vfdc-vf5fs-command-lists.16020/#post-332884

Feck likes this.
  10. Kaitlin

Kaitlin Member

This is good. Anyone got any more to add? What about El Blaze, Wolf, Shun...?

11. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Wolf doesn't have sabakis.

12. Kaitlin

Kaitlin Member

Yeah I know he doesn't. Not strictly - I meant I'd like someone to include what his P+K+G Clutch moves grab.

13. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

that's something different than a sabaki. Actually a sabaki deflect a hit. Wolf takes the hit but answer immediatly with a grab. Honestly i don't know how call that meccanic. Also a sabaki will deflect any hit that is in that specific category, let's say mid punches. Wolf can deflect mid and high hits with one arm or leg that doesn't knock down him. Also if the follow up of that move is fast enough or put the opponent crouching the RAW won't connect.

14. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Since it's not mentioned yet:

Jacky's punch autoreversal takes only non-knockdown high punches. Nothing else. Works when he remains neutral.

His 4P+K+G sabakies mid punches only. Dunno about the framewindow of the sabaki. I guess I could test it at some point.

Lulu Lulu and Kaitlin like this.
  15. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    It's the same as Taka's that he just armors a move and then retaliates, dunno what to call it either though. Also Wolf's will not, like Taka's, work against hit throw moves even if the initial strike is successfully armored and Wolf tries to initiate the grab, the hit throw will interrupt it and hit fully.

Mister likes this.
  16. Mister

We should just call this thing "Armor" like in other fighting games, otherwise is going to be confusing.

17. Kaitlin

Kaitlin Member

I know it's different, but it's similar in my mind - 'a move that works against other move classes'. I think it's just as important that it's detailed here just what it is that these moves succeed against.
    So, thanks.

Combolammas, thanks for the Jacky information.

Any others? Who knows what Lion can deflect with his b,P+K+G Teihozen etc?

18. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    MarlyJay and MakiLeSushi have pointed out to me in another thread that DS [4][6][K] no longer sabakis HK in this version. I have thus edited my initial post above. Please forgive this inconvenience.

19. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    My favorite sabaki situation for any character is stuffing Jeff's unblockable charging punch! I just love how an unblockable move can be sabaki'd or even reversed.

20. Optimus_Cack

Optimus_Cack Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SquareNinja
    you could practically feel the rage venting through the network cables when i would use jean's 4p+k+g to stop lei-fei's magic flying go-get-you punch