1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Fuzzying with the Monkey

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by Tricky, Dec 9, 2007.

1. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I think this should always beat a delayed throw.

2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Not necessarily. Im not sure how its going to work if the throw starts before the attack is inputted.
    If the throw whiffs, then attack wins automatically;
    if the attack starts before throw is inputted, the attack wins due to no-clash situation; but if you rise up before starting the attack and the throw is inputted into that window... you will propably get thrown because it will be a 0-frame throw. Thats how I see it, but I cant test it without a partner.

3. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Assuming you do it right, the throw would have to catch you in a 1-2 frame window. The slower you are the greater the window, but i don't see it being big enough that it's "Likely" you get 0 framed.

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Its possible to do it so there is no window at all, considering you dont have to be 'standing' to block mid attacks. You just can't be holding down. This topic has a high chance of entering endless theoryfighting mode so I leave it at this.

5. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I thought the topic was already theory fighter. I'm not sure what you mean?

6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Rising up from the crouch takes time, same amount as it takes to crouch.

If youre at crouching state and holding guard, but have released stick (not holding down) you can block mid attacks while you are in the process of standing up, even if youre not actually standing yet. You will "teleport" to standing and block the mid. This means you could actually beat both throw and mid if they would be timed on the same frame. I think this is the origin of the name "fuzzy" guard.

If you could time the start of the 'post-fuzzy' attack so you initiate it before you are actually standing yet, you could make it so there is no vulnerability for 0-frame throw at all. (provided its an attack that you can do from crouching) I havent actually tried, this is theoryfighting [​IMG]

In any case the timing would be pretty damn tight..

ps. reading what you posted before, fuzzy will always be vulnerable to immediate lowthrow.

7. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    how often is option select used at a higher level?

i tested option select, man timing is strict?? the videos i posted as examples, they seem to do option select fairly consistant. Neways, option select in to Single palm and p,k aint bad.. i think offline, option select would be good... but online, i think its no good, since even if they wanna punish right away, they prob delayed unintentionally. i wonder how many ppl on here actually do this option select and use it effectively/consistantly?

8. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Here's an option select. Let's say you're playing wolf and you get a knockdown (with 3k). You want to continue to pressure. If you use 3p+k and they tech roll or quick rise, you get low lariat. If they don't, you get shining elbow. (They might be able to roll out though)

Thought it was worth throwing that out.

9. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

If you do this crouch dash fuzzy (input of [3][3][G]) explain how you could get a from crouching move from that? The instant that you press [G] from crouch fuzzy you can no longer do from crouch moves right? - the game wouldn't allow you to use from crouching moves anymore as you are beginning to start stand blocking.

Again, the same thing. You shouldn't be able to SINGLE PALM from [3][3][G].

If you mean STANDING PALM ([4][6][P]) though please call it standing palm! It is very confusing when you call both single palm and standing palm single palm.

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    And no, just pressing guard wont do it.