1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Guard cancel

Discussion in 'Lei' started by Mackfactor, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    Does anybody know how many frames it takes to guard cancel out of the stances at the fastest input? OR does anybody know the frames I waste by switching from one stance to another?
    FOR EXAMPLE, if im IN DOKU STANCE, and i press guard how many frames will i lose by going back to normal stance?
    I wanna know because if im at ex... -2 in DOKU, and i guard cancel.. what disadvantage i will be in..So that way i know i what i am on at disadvantage so i can either FG OR CF or eteg.. etc.

2. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I think it takes 3 frames to cancel from Doku. Only because the kick from Nehan pk on CH is +15 and you have enough time to link a throw in.

Try seeing if you can guard eileen or sarah's jab after they block koko 2kp, which is -7 on guard.

3. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    I just tested it briefly. I tested it out with VFnumbers. What we tested was a move that put Lei in +1 Doku, and i would try to hit him with either a 14 frame mid or a throw. He wasnt able to G cancel Crouch fuzzy or Fuzzy G, but he was able to block in time a 14 frame.

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    This is actually pretty interesting. Guard-canceling stances is something that hasnt really been tested at all. I always assumed that it is slow.. I wish I had some way to test this.

ps. I use G-canceling stance sometimes with Sarah or Lei.. I always assume that its opponent suckage if they dont do anything about it [​IMG]

edit: according to your test:
    x = time to cancel stance
    x < 14+1
    x < 15

and
    x + 6 > 12+1
    x > 7

Did you try with 10-frame punch? OR go into doku with a weaker move, like K+G -> doku at -1 on block

5. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say the other player "sucks" if you are able to cancel out of stance without being hit.

Doesn't it just show how well you, as a player conditioned the other person to not "mash out" once you enter a stance?

6. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    if i can guard a 14f mid i might have time to use 236p+k sabaki after canceling stance assume i didnt waste frames in buffering inputs. Mackfactor we should test it out again i dont remember if i guarded a high p on time [​IMG]

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Well, Doku autoreverses everything that sabaki works on and more anyway.. no need to leave stance [​IMG]

8. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

The sabaki would clash with throws though.

If you needed to be at an advantage to stance cancel into that you wouldn't bother would you?