1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Guilty Gear Xrd

Discussion in 'General' started by Vick Vega, Nov 20, 2014.

1. def

def Well-Known Member

There are Gamestops that released the game already, go check your local Gamestop.

2. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Apparently that was a mistake on the part of the publisher.

The game was released early because there are some protest going on in LA that is blocking the port that this game was shipped into. The publisher was afraid that some people would not be able to get there pre-orders in time, so they gave the go ahead to sell any copies available.

That was pulled back early this morning, so the Gamestops are no longer selling before the release date. I went to 2 local stores and they both gave me the same story :(

3. def

def Well-Known Member

I got my copy despite the release date being changed back to the 16th. The clerk that helped me had to call his manager to double check and he let me buy the game early.

4. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Lucky dog, each time i went to buy it, the clerk pulled the game out and was ready to ring it up, but the system kept blocking them. They'd call their manager over who would proclaim "What? I just sold a few yesterday..." Only to finally tell me that a message had been sent out that morning about the recall...

Oh well...

5. Valakrie

Valakrie Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Valakrie_2041
    My copy was just shipped. It is that time people! :)

Shinobi and ToyDingo like this.
  6. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Just going to go on record and say that the tutorial in this game is possibly the best tutorial in a fighting game since the legendary tutorial in VF4Evo...

Valakrie and GrizzlyTrollton like this.
  7. Valakrie

Valakrie Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Valakrie_2041
    I agree. But, lets not stop there! This game is amazing - fighting game of the year. I'm not being biased.

GrizzlyTrollton and ToyDingo like this.
  8. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    Ok Looks like I have no reason no to pick up Xrd on the 25th, giving X-Mas a whole new reason

Valakrie likes this.
  9. Swank

Swank Member

PSN:
    SwnkButton
    XBL:
    SwankButton
    man, just got this game and it wont let me update.

10. Vick Vega

Vick Vega Well-Known Member

PSN:
    V1ckV3GA
    XBL:
    V1ckV3GA
    I guess retailers didn't get to many copies because my local BestBuy and Gamestop were sold out, so I just downloaded it. Now, I just need to find a PS4 arcade stick.

11. wingchun_warrior

wingchun_warrior Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

I ordered the guilty fight stick can't wait to get it I don't care for the game at all just the stick an vf

CJA and ToyDingo like this.
  12. ToyDingo

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
  13. GrizzlyTrollton

GrizzlyTrollton Well-Known Member