1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Homestay Akira's Virtua Education

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Myke, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7
    This is a great strategy to learn virtua fighter!
    I think it applies to learning anything pretty much. Always focus on things one, max two at a time and learn it step by step slowly and very well. Knowing what to tackle first is sometimes difficult for somethings but for VF I feel like its pretty simple.
    Learn character moves and general stuff (low-mid-high system)-> learn evading -> throw escapes/fuzzy guard.

2. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

I wonder if people from other sites (SRK, DL, 8WR, etc) were to read this if they would be inspired to either start, or get back to learning vf...

3. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

this is good shit! nicely done

4. Azusabo

Azusabo Well-Known Member

I hope more people have the same attitude as you. [​IMG] I agree that improving one part of your life at a time is also a practical way to live.

5. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I moved the sarcasm discussion here.

6. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    ive been reading this repeatedly over the past few days.
    so glad this is here.

7. DrChadster

DrChadster Member

Virtua Fighter... is the ULTIMATE 3D fighter...!!!

8. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I dunno about that. Rise of the Robts was pretty awesome

9. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

This is Dripping with Sarcasm lmao!!!
    Matter of fact Timekillers got VF5 beat by a mile.

Is there anymore jewels he dropped on advanced tactics?

10. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Interesting read from one of the best players the game has ever had.

I've been away for a while. Is Homestay back to be the monster he was in the VF4 days (i.e. 85%+ winning percentage) since VF5R is around?

I remember he wasn't playing much VF5...

He doesn't seem to age, either.

11. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

He seems to be playing a lot of R, no idea what is win ratio is like though.

12. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    [​IMG]

13. RORY

RORY Well-Known Member

XBL:
    RORORORORORO
    Had to log in just to LOL at that picture Seidon

14. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Yeah someone posted his card data for all his other characters. All of them were above 80%

15. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    @Seidon [​IMG]

Once you've mastered (truly mastered[/size] losing) then winning is inevitable, in fact it is un-escapeable

I know it must seem like Zen, but.. [​IMG] (here I go again) [​IMG]

When I guarantee that each round will end in time up. And I tell my opponent prior to each round how much lifebar we both will have at time up. And I tell my opponent precisely where in the ring he/she will be and where I will be when the time up occurs, and I let my opponent know that I will only allow him/her two types of attacks kick/throw or punch/kick or throw/punch and that I will deprive him/her from the third type of attack, so don't even try.

It has to be absolutely clear, that I can win whenever I choose
    to win [​IMG] precisely because I have loss tens of thousands of times [​IMG]

I'm very appreciative to Homestay's advice. Obviously we should
    call him master Homestay, or Sifu Homestay [​IMG] His words R
    gud.

@seidon if U look very closely at what is being said by various people in this thread, U will see, that the key to winning is learning the most from what you're doing wrong, or your mistakes, or your losses [​IMG]

There is no dishonor in defeat, only in how one handles defeat [​IMG]

16. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Oh, I agree that learning from losing is the best way to get better at just about everything.

However, I doubt your ability as I'm sure many people here do.

17. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Aahahah, gotta love Sean Connery (Seidon, I see you are Scottish too) [​IMG]

18. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Fascinating... You doubt my ability to lose? The record is clear, the only thing I lay claim to is mastery of loss. Yet you will not even grant me that [​IMG] I am nothing more than a world class loser. I have great pride in the many thousands of fights that I've loss. What do you doubt? That I loss the fights that I say I have, or that I lose as well as I say I lose?

Seidon, how many masters of VF loss do U really know? Who are
    U comparing me to? Why do you doubt that I'm a loser [​IMG] Perhaps the best loser that VF has ever seen.

A word to the wise, sometimes its better to think before you post... [​IMG]

You doubt my ability... My friend what you believe or do not believe has nothing to do with my ability to lose. When you say many people here doubt my ability, how many is "many"? [​IMG]
    4, 5, 10 people... your little clique... [​IMG]

You and your clique doubt that I've mastered losing? [​IMG]

My friend, your doubt is inconsequential to me. Jesus requires
    faith, I do not.

There are many ways to win in VF.

But to master loss requires a heart and mind of steel. To master loss requires reflexes that can anticipate the future, while remembering the past. To master loss requires that you have no fear. To master loss requires that you grant everything , while giving nothing. To truly master loss requires that you take abject oblivion from the underworld and shape it into victory, and to be sure; I have sculpted oblivion many times.

Seidon, you don't know me. I am unique. Therefore you have no point of reference and It is not wise to doubt what you do not know [​IMG]

[8] [G] [+] [P] [+] [K] [P]

19. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

MasterPo, you're starting to sound like a particular character from DeathNote... [​IMG] It's always good reading your posts though...

20. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

Masterpo, I challenge your ability to lose so perfectly.

In fact, I doubt you can even lose to begin with. It would not be the first time an alleged Martial Artist claims things that are not true. In fact Martial Artists tend to make a big deal of themselves and gossip like little bitches about their rivals. All of them, none excluded. If you listen to any master its a bit like listening to the old lady next door criticizing the neighbours.

So masterpo, quantify your losses. How come nobody here plays you? are all your VF friends too shy to talk?

I, on the other hand, am very well known here. I lose to Seidon, Marly, Kingo,Krye, Jide and many more. People know I can lose in style and never even learn from my losses.

So I doubt you are all that TBH. Show us some replays at least.