1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How to do Akira's KNEE

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Plague, Nov 11, 2007.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    In the first example, the "tapping" you did for the [K] button lasted for 2 frames. In the second example, "tapping" the [K] button lasted for 3 frames. In both examples, the [G] button was simultaneously "tap" together with [K] for just one frame.

2. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

A hand cam showing the input is all you need... I mean, of course there's a gangload of info about this 1 move on the threads, and other threads as well, but for it to be this huge deal over the course of many years is ridiculous... It reminds me of when people used to cry about how to do a raging demon...

3. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Thanks for clearing that up akai, I guess I got hung up on the whole holding thing as you clearly demonstrate with the quotation marks [​IMG]

EDIT: Now i'm starting to think the input display in dojo has to display it like this since it only deals with individual frames, even if you were holding [G] for less than a frame and [K] for 1f it would still have to display it like it was shown in my earlier post. Gonna stop thinking about this and get some sleep as it's pretty inconsequential.

4. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    If what you say is correct, then the frame display in dojo is not an accurate measure of frame (time).

Think of a 12 inch ruler with only markings for every inch. If you have two lines drawn - one that is less than an inch (let us say ~3/4 of an inch) and one exactly as an inch. Would you tell someone that the "3/4 inch" is an inch and the the "inch" is 2 inches?

5. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    These are also correct...

1 [K]+[G]
    3 [K]

1 [K]+[G]
    8 [K]

1 [K]+[G]
    342 [K]

You must have the 1 [K]+[G]. You must then have at least 1 [K] immediately following (achieved by simply holding [K])

It is also correct to say "release G within one frame." This doesn't mean there is a unit of measure less than a frame. It means that if you don't release within 1 frame, you're holding it for 2 frames or more and the KNEE will not execute.

.001 frame = 1 frame.
    1.001 frame = 2 frames.

There is a video of KNEE linked in the first post of this thread.

I'm going to edit that post so the YouTube vid is displayed instead of just linked.

6. Manjoume

Manjoume Well-Known Member

I definitely need to keep practicing. I haven't had time lately but the workload is about to lessen. Hadn't really realized how intricate this move was.

I've pulled it off in VF5 on stick after a few tries though I can't recall how consistently I was pulling it off.

The video from the first post is crazy, he's flicking the buttons so quickly!!