1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How to execute "The Knee"

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Word, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Word

Word New Member

[K]+[G]; [G] Some tell me exactly how to excute this technique.... call me an idiot if you want to but... this is my first 3d game and im totally in love with vf5fs but it seems the knee is much more usefull than the [3][3][P] attack

2. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

3. Manjoume

Manjoume Well-Known Member

Not to clutter up this thread, but I strongly suggest checking that link. Its made a big difference in my execution of that move.

4. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    The link provided basically have an extensive description over the years on how to execute "The Knee." Your question is 99.99% likely to be answered from reading that thread. Topic locked and stickied.

5. MasteringAkir

MasteringAkir Member

I've still not managed to perform the knee attack.

Other than description i have not seen anyone on youtube show how they perform with a ps3 controll and showing it.

6. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

when i was a ps2 player with vf4evo i used to map triangle as k+g and circle as k. with that mapping you just need to switch really fast between those 2 buttons.

7. MasteringAkir

MasteringAkir Member

I hold square and circle, and try to release square in time.

I've tried my best ot perform knee with this.

8. grap3fruitman

grap3fruitman Active Member

I need to put together a video on how to actually perform the knee. It's not that hard once you know the trick. The thread and video I saw on here was ridiculous and not the least bit viable in an actual match. I can do it fair consistently too so I think I'll put together a video sometime this week if I'm not too lazy. I'd like to get a camera and macro lens to showcase my exact finger positions as well.

GodFistEmissary and Feck like this.
  9. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    lol there is no trick to doing it. just practice it alot. Though yes, it can be weird at first

10. grap3fruitman

There is absolutely a trick to doing it and it can be easily taught: I'm going to do just that.

11. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Do you use a pad controller, grap3fruitman?

12. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I play on a pad. There isn't a trick you just gotta get used to doing the input through practice. Something that helped me get used to the input was to think about it a different way. Instead of thinking I had to push K+G I thoght that I was pushing K but grazing G by mistake.

13. grap3fruitman

Stick and I need to get my lazy ass around to doing this and... all the other projects I always say I'm going to do.

>"There isn't a trick to doing it."
    >Immediately explains a trick to doing it.

14. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    It's not a trick to actually do the move. It's just a way of thinking.

15. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    There is no 'trick' but there is a technique. Ive long considered making a vid about how I do it personally, but I kind of hate hearing my voice on a vid..

16. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Press K+G together but barely press G, hardly a trick :p

Manji, be glad you don't have my accent lol. I'd never dare record dialogue for a video.

17. Junsuina Chikara

Junsuina Chikara Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    I'll try to get a video going on how I do it. Many online players will see me using it quite regularly. It's just so much better than the Youhou when you're looking for a faster launcher. I think there are at least 2 different techniques (with an arcade stick). I remember reading a while back about how Plague did it. He mentioned that he would rest his thumb on the outer edge of the plunger of the G button and press it along with the middle finger on K. I tried this method and I did get it work semi-consistently but personally, I prefer another method.

I don't rest my thumb on G but rather and I swipe my thumb off the button. Try to imagine it like you're having a clinched fist and then opening your hand up really quickly. It's the same methodology, only you do it with just your thumb (but ofcourse, the natural course of the hand will cause it to open slightly, regardless :p).

18. My technique is a bit strange,
    but I input it like so:
    [K][+][G] - Slide your finger off the [G]
    as fast you can while holding [K],
    if that makes any sense.

grap3fruitman and Enishi like this.
  19. grap3fruitman

Five years later... lol

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Aze_ITA likes this.
  20. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

One motion>like your opening a door knob sideways>use middle finger to hit k and use thumb to graze across g. It’s a muscle memory.

End of line.