1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hypespotting 5

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Seidon, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Hey guys, I wanted to make this post a bit earlier in the new year but I've been busy with my personal life and just kept putting it off so first of all apologies for that.

So the long and short of this post is that Hypespotting (Scotland's biggest fighting game event) is coming up again this year. April 2nd and 3rd. I'll link the website where you can find more information at the foot of this post.

As some of you might remember, VF5 fratured in the first Hypespotting as a main tournament as we won a community vote (which has since seen the community vote dissapear). Since then it has featured in some form or another even just casually and it has always been a blast.

I missed last year's event after my daughter was born but I'll be attending once again this year and am very excited to be there. Since the first year Hypespotti g has only got bigger and better with each passing year and this year looks to be no different.

I've been speaking with others in the community about having a side tournament and of course a healthy dose of casuals at Hypespotting this year. We have a handful of players up here of varying skill levels and some of the players from down in England have already expressed interest in coming up.

If you've ever planned to visit Glasgow or Scotland now is a great time as you can play VF and even take part in the stupidly fun Hypespotting pub quiz as well as the other fighters being played there.

I'm very out of practice but I reckon I could still handily beat everyone with most of the roster. So come prove me wrong.

If you're interested please post below so others can see interest. At the moment we're expecting 10 or so people but more would be fantastic. Especially people with more experience as there are people very excited about learning more about the game.

Sorry for any formatting issues, I'm posting this on my phone so it has been a pain.

For more information on the event please check out: http://www.Hypespotting.co.uk/

Any questions feel free to ask and I'll help as best as I can.

Cheers!

-Seidon

2. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

I'll be there to play, have some fun, lead us to higher placing in the pub quiz, and possibly scare your daughter as well (before Hannah smacks me for doing so).

cobratron, MarlyJay and Seidon like this.
  3. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Sounds cool, I'm interested :)
    Never been to Scotland so that would be a good opportunity for some visit as well.

cobratron and Seidon like this.
  4. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

Seidon you made me wait so much for this post! (The uk guys told me about this in early December iirc)

I'm more than interested.
    Time to move your asses european scrubs!

Wow there's even Xrd, two pigeons with one rock.

cobratron and Seidon like this.
  5. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I'll be there. Looking forward to the quiz which is hilarious and amazing every time.

Hypespotting is a premier event for capcom or something like that, so if anyone is interested in Street fighter 5 and wants to try their luck it's a great event. I'll be too busy bodying people on VF though.

Ellis, cobratron, og23 and 1 other person like this.
  6. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Always looking for a reason to come out there so this will be on my radar.

MarlyJay and jimi Claymore like this.
  7. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Yeah two tourneys where you will not even pass the pools....

MarlyJay likes this.
  8. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

You stopped playing vf because your mashing had you run out of pad???

Mister likes this.
  9. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dreamiestboat
    XBL:
    tehmarcerer
    I'll be there, looking forward to it!

10. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

Sadly some real life shit happened and I will not be able to attend hyperspotting.

11. Dreamboat

PSN:
    Dreamiestboat
    XBL:
    tehmarcerer
    Sadly there isn't going to be a tournament anymore from the looks of things, but is there anyone from VFDC still confirmed as going? I'll be bringing my 360 along in case there's any spare monitors going, would love to play casuals with folk over the weekend!

12. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Me and Ash Kaiser are both confirmed

Dreamboat likes this.
  13. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
  14. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Remember to rig any raffles against Ash or he'll take all your prizes!
    EDIT: Just realized this happened this weekend so he probably already took everything.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    G0d3L likes this.
  15. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I persuaded him not to enter. He'd just have spoiled it for everyone else.

G0d3L likes this.
  16. Dreamboat

PSN:
    Dreamiestboat
    XBL:
    tehmarcerer
    Yo @MarlyJay and @Ash_Kaiser - didn't see you before you left so just wanted to say big thanks for making the trip and spending the weekend in the VF corner! Graeme and I appreciate it a lot and were super happy to sit and get battered for a few days. See you next year if you're there!

MarlyJay likes this.