1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

If Wolf is your favorite player sign here and tell why.

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by reo, Jul 5, 2003.

1. reo

reo Member

If Wolf is your favorite player sign here and tell why.

Wolf is cocky, powerful, is in my favorite sport. "Wrestling" /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

Re: If Wolf is your favorite player sign here and tell why.

I preffer Wolf (over most other characters) due to a couple of facts, mostly being though because I find it easier to play defensively.

As Wolf, the easiest way to play, and win consistently, is to wait for you opponent to make a mistake, and then capitalize on that moment with a throw/shrm similarilty effective move.

There is also a technique that I am trying to develop based off of some of the Japanese players style of utilizing Wolf's high and mid punch/elbow class attacks, where you use a balls out offense and force your opponent to turtle.

I also face alot of players who use a certain move shared by all players that Wolf specializes in reversing, the [2][P] /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I am seriously starting to think that one of my friends only knows one move......

Even though alot of Wolf players say he was given the short end of the stick as far as Evolution goes, I would disagree for the most part.

Basically, if you have a strong offense and understanding of other opponents movelists and flow charts, Wolf is an excellent character to master. Wolf the first character I used in VF, and have stuck with him for many years, he never gets old /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

3. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

used to like wrestling. First I loved the howl pose...now its all aboutthe Shiney Wizard...might be hardest move in the game. I can probably pull iff at about 80% of the time

4. reo

reo Member

You also have to admit that Wolf is the best grappler in the game /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Too bad he can't climb the cage and pull off high-fling moves. Like the frankenstiner an elbow drops /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

favorite move with Wolf:[4][K]+[G][P][G] (Stunner), [3][3][P]+[G][P]+[G] (Jackhammer)

5. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Taka was a better in terms of grappling.

6. Re: If Wolf is your favorite player sign here and tell why.

please guys let not start another whos better arguement
    i play almost every body (except jerky ,and that damn leifei) but when im pushed into a corner
    i always fall back on wolf he powerful, has good range, has counters, some good juggles, accetable combos , and he has tha single most damaging move in the game [4][1][2][3][6][P]+[G] add his unblockable clothsline to punish those cowards who would run and youve got the total package

plus his catch moves just look damn cool ! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

I like Wolf cause he has TEH FRANK!!!!1!!1!!!

and

[ QUOTE ]
    backbonebreaker said:...he has tha single most damaging move in the game [4][1][2][3][6][P]+[G]...

[/ QUOTE ]

NO

8. ZenMasterZ

ZenMasterZ Active Member

short end of the stick? what do you mean?
    he is spectacular in evolution. i dont remember him having all those counters (hes so much like akira). /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    the new moves [4][4][G]+[P]>>[6_][G][P] is an awesome addition. it very useful if you use it defensively as you have mentioned. though the only thing i miss about the first vf4 was the simple execution of evade attacks. wolf is a killing machine when he uses his evade throw (although its escapable). why did they do that anyway? and how does it work in evo? i tried [2]+[G][P][K] and [2_]+[G][P][K]. nothing seems to work for me. this attack is a major part of his game. any thoughts as to how to execute this move in evolution?
    thankz

9. Ragnafrak

Ragnafrak Well-Known Member

P+K+G while evading, so d,d,P+K+G with a delay

10. Snake_Eater

Snake_Eater Well-Known Member

They made evade attacks harder in evo; his evading throw is cool, he's the only character who has it (they could hae made it different, depending on which way you evade, or made it a catch throw).

11. ZenMasterZ

ZenMasterZ Active Member

what do you mean by a delay? a delay after [2][2] and before pressing [G][P][K]? most of the time i have to time it correctly as the opponent executes his/her move and then i can use the evade attack/throw. but it still jams sumtimes. and othertimes i can only use the evade attack/ throw even when the opponent DOES NOT attack at all. i am very confused. hmmm, wheres the confused icon?...ah /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif ok
    define what you mean by DELAY using frames if you could so i could get an idea of how to perform it correctly in training mode.

12. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

[ QUOTE ]
    Ragnafrak said:

P+K+G while evading, so d,d,P+K+G with a delay

[/ QUOTE ]

Ragnafrak! you should know better! /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Evading is done with a single tap [2] or [8] then return to neutral.

So, once you're in the evade animation you can simply press [P]+[K]+[G] at any point to get the evade attack.

BTW, Wolf's evade attack is considered one of the weakest in the game simply because it's a catch throw. That is, you usually have enough time to see it coming and either combo him out of it, or crouch to let it whiff, then combo him. Use with caution is all I'm saying, and by no means is it a major part of his game.

13. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

wait i have to disagree, how does his evade catch throw make him a great character, it's NOT a good part of his game like myke said, his evade catch throws can be easily seen ahead of time. i'd rather go for a evade ~ knee or something.

14. _stroppa_

_stroppa_ Well-Known Member

Actually just on the subject of Wolf and Evading. Can someone give me some tips as to what methods of attack they are using after evading? A lot of the time I'm finding that my attack patterns after evading are pretty limited and predictable, and evading is sometimes quite a big part of my game so an added dimension would be quite useful. Sometimes it's too tempting to go for a knee after an evade, and as previous posters in this thread have said, the evade throw can be seen coming a lot of the time.

15. ZenMasterZ

ZenMasterZ Active Member

i kinda realize ur point. i have been fighting the low ranked opponents up till now. as soon as you step outside of the "dan" ranks, players seem to pummel you afterwards. i only found it useful in vf4 because you could activate the [8][8] ahead of time, therefore you could perform the attack from a distance (not sure if this makes any sense to any of you).
    the [4][4][G][P], [6][G][P] seems to be a useful move to "evade" attacks and then throw, while still doing decent damage. i think its a good exchange for his faulty evade throw in evolution.
    i would also like to know a useful followup attack after an evade.

16. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    wait i have to disagree, how does his evade catch throw make him a great character, it's NOT a good part of his game like myke said, his evade catch throws can be easily seen ahead of time. i'd rather go for a evade ~ knee or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed, i think it's the WORST in the game for these reasons.

1. wolf can be low thrown, as he charges up to attack, he is ducking low so the opponent has a free low throw guarenteed if they are quick enough!

2. it is throw escapable!! (unless caught in the back), what is the point of having an evade counter attack if the opponent has a chance to avoid ALL damage at the end of the catch, even if you surprize it on the opponent!!??, not to mention on some throw escapes, wolf gets an elbow in the jaw for damage on the user!

3. you can avoid by ducking - ALL OTHER EVADE MOVES ARE MID ATTACKS (oh, minus lion ^_^), this one takes the cake, especially next to such as akira's which is fast, beats low jabbers and gets a guarenteed [3]+[P]..

17. Ragnafrak

Ragnafrak Well-Known Member

touche .. i've been double tapping the directions for a long time tho .. ;]

18. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Jackeh said:

Actually just on the subject of Wolf and Evading. Can someone give me some tips as to what methods of attack they are using after evading? A lot of the time I'm finding that my attack patterns after evading are pretty limited and predictable, and evading is sometimes quite a big part of my game so an added dimension would be quite useful. Sometimes it's too tempting to go for a knee after an evade, and as previous posters in this thread have said, the evade throw can be seen coming a lot of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
    The Evade throw and knee are good as long as there not abused, also SS B,F pk, also try p, throw's, really anything after evade as long as it's random is what I seem to do /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

19. Mafia

Mafia Member

well, I used to play Tekken and in Tekken 4 my characters were Marduk and King, both grapple based fighters. I got my ass whooped many times by Steve and Jin users. in Tekken 4 a fast poke/jab meant a good chance at winning. Marduk and King had slower pokes so I got screwed by fast pokers. so, I went to VF and started using Wolf.

20. Valdimiar

Valdimiar Well-Known Member

Wolfs my favorite character because his throw are lethal execpt KS with is easy to get out of with [6][P]+[G], and his striking attacks are hard hitting and usually knock down or collapse so that you can do a combo or down throw. His moves like Gaint swing and screw latrait also look cool, and his win poses are cool too.