1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Im new to VF, please help on gameplay, greatly appreciated!

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Condor, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ice-9 said:

Just in case you haven't already, make sure you do the entire training mode in the game. It's really useful.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but the entire thing is so damn long.....even if i went through al of it, i still would not remember a thing. i just rather watch some video of Akira played by ryan hart (i think) and try to learn from it. thats how i learn how to play tekken and soul cal, but then again, tekken and soul cal wasnt this complicated. speaking if which, i check on some online video of evo 2k4 and such.., and i saw that ryan hart is the tekken 3 and tag champion, and he also play virtua fighter competitively. i also, read a couple of old threads, and his name was mentioned a lot. is he in the same league as the chibita and ohsu (im not sure how to spell their player name). is ryan hart in this VFDC community at all?? sorry guys, i do appologize for asking "dumb" question, but you have to understand that i am not just new to VF, but new to the fighting genre all together.

2. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

Ryan hart hasn't posted in a while, i can't even remember the name he goes under it's been that long -- and yes he is in the same skill range as those guys.

Yes you can certainly learn to play the game by watching better players play, but the training mode teaches you WHY things work the way they work -- instead of you just watching other players play and see how they respond to situations.

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

No, Ryan Hart is not in the same skill range but I think he is one of the strongest players outside of Asia (if not the strongest).

I was just checking about the training mode question because some of your questions seemed basic.

4. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ice-9 said:

No, Ryan Hart is not in the same skill range but I think he is one of the strongest players outside of Asia (if not the strongest).

I was just checking about the training mode question because some of your questions seemed basic.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i actually went through the training mode with jacky (my first character). ut as you can tell by now that there are certain things that i still do not comprehend i.e. throw escape, roll up and down after falling down, even with the guidance of the training mode.
    BTW, i notice that there are a lot of UK player on this community. isnt ryan hart from the UK? well, i guess hes too arrogant to particpate in this community /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

yeah, yeah, here i am..asking noob question again.
    ok, here goes...
    what is the most effecient use of [2][K]+[G][6][K][4][6][P]. i realized that doing so in a launcher "[3][3][P], [P],[P], [2][K]+[G][6][K][4][6][P]" does not do a lot of damage, around 55-60 if im not mistaking. although it does not do a lot of damage, it is more "guarantee" than says "[P], [4][6][P], [2_][6][P]. so i was wondering is there are better usage of [2][K]+[G][6][K][4][6][P]?

also, when im playing agaisnt aoi or goh, they each can do an "extra" throw command after he/she knock me down. does escaping those "extra throw" the same concept as regular throw escape?? or are those throw guarantee??

6. RaH

RaH Member

Hey, dont apologize for posting newb topics, I'm a newb and I enjoy reading them for all the helpful answers /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyhow, After getting pretty proficient with Lei, Now i'm going to try to break all the bad habits that I developed with him and start with Akira, I went through his move-list last night except for SPoD with the pad. After that I'm pretty sure I will be getting a joystick, unfortunately the only one that seems to be available now is the Hori 2 for $80 after shipping /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif good thing I just got paid.

7. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Condor said:

yeah, yeah, here i am..asking noob question again.
    ok, here goes...
    what is the most effecient use of [2][K]+[G][6][K][4][6][P]. i realized that doing so in a launcher "[3][3][P], [P],[P], [2][K]+[G][6][K][4][6][P]" does not do a lot of damage, around 55-60 if im not mistaking. although it does not do a lot of damage, it is more "guarantee" than says "[P], [4][6][P], [2_][6][P]. so i was wondering is there are better usage of [2][K]+[G][6][K][4][6][P]?

also, when im playing agaisnt aoi or goh, they each can do an "extra" throw command after he/she knock me down. does escaping those "extra throw" the same concept as regular throw escape?? or are those throw guarantee??

[/ QUOTE ]To be honest condor, I'm not entirely sure of the best usage of [2][K]+[G] combo, it was certainly useful in VF4 regular after [4][6][P]when you couldn't techroll from a midair slam, but otherwise I'm not entirely sure. I'm trying to think if it's an option after [6][6][P] counter or something but again I don't think i utilize it.

The concept of escaping ground throws is different, since you can only choose one throw to escape -- [2][P]+[G] or [3][P]+[G].

8. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Yes [2][K]+[G][6][K][4][6][P] is best used after [6][6][P] counter hit in closed stance.

9. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    [ QUOTE ]
    Condor said:

[ QUOTE ]
    ice-9 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i actually went through the training mode with jacky (my first character). ut as you can tell by now that there are certain things that i still do not comprehend i.e. throw escape, roll up and down after falling down, even with the guidance of the training mode.
    BTW, i notice that there are a lot of UK player on this community. isnt ryan hart from the UK? well, i guess hes too arrogant to particpate in this community /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to be his spokesperson but he doesn't play VF anymore and quitted some time ago. He hardly posts on forums anyway... There are plenty of other akira players/other players who can help you on the forum. Maddy Akira is very strong I'm sure he would be glad to help you. You might be a beginner to VF but making such comments you know nothing about will not help you. Keep training hard and I hope you can see how good VF can be. Sorry for letting this thread go a little OT.

10. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    RaH said:

Hey, dont apologize for posting newb topics, I'm a newb and I enjoy reading them for all the helpful answers /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyhow, After getting pretty proficient with Lei, Now i'm going to try to break all the bad habits that I developed with him and start with Akira, I went through his move-list last night except for SPoD with the pad. After that I'm pretty sure I will be getting a joystick, unfortunately the only one that seems to be available now is the Hori 2 for $80 after shipping /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif good thing I just got paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

go here
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-m-49-en-15-evo%2Bstick-70-25t.html
    thanks to KoD for showing that. its only 30$

11. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Jide said:

[ QUOTE ]
    Condor said:

[ QUOTE ]
    ice-9 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to be his spokesperson but he doesn't play VF anymore and quitted some time ago. He hardly posts on forums anyway... There are plenty of other akira players/other players who can help you on the forum. Maddy Akira is very strong I'm sure he would be glad to help you. You might be a beginner to VF but making such comments you know nothing about will not help you. Keep training hard and I hope you can see how good VF can be. Sorry for letting this thread go a little OT.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry if you think my comment is out of place. but as you can see from the emotion icon at the end of my comment, it was just a jest. anyway, i guess ryan is waiting for the release of VF5 like everyone else here. by the way jide, i think i saw some matches of you playing as well (with lion i think). it was really exciting /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

but on a totally different topic, i wish that i can somehow post my matches that i play agaisnt the AI for some feedback /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

12. RaH

RaH Member

Yeah, Thats where I was going to get it from yesterday, but I decided to sleep on it, sometime last night however it seems they changed it from $30 to Out of Print/Out of Stock. looks like I missed out. I've already purchased the Hori Fighting Stick 2, it looks like it will be better anyway, should be worth the extra $20

13. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

WTF?!?!....i was gonna get it. guess i have to spend some time with my pad or get a tekken4/solcalII stick instead.

14. RaH

RaH Member

the Hori 2 stick looks quite baddass though, even though it turns out to be $80 after shipping it should be worth it to get away from using the pad, at least thats what I'm telling myself to make myself feel like I didnt just waste $80 :)
    I can use the pad pretty well with Lei but his moves and combos dont really require too much precision at least for me to be proficient with him, Akira on the other hand, if you don't key in the combo just right he will just stand there or do something useless.

15. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

ok...what is the use of [4][3][P]???i randomly tried it out during my matches with the AI, but it looks like it doesnt do anything specific. i try it in an air combo, but WTF?? it doesnt bounce! i saw some video (VF5 i think) that [4][3][P] suppose to bounce and connect with [2_][4][6][P]. did i input command wrong or something???

16. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

The bounce effect isn't in vf4. On block that move forces crouch and the situation is even with akira crouching...immediate [2_][4][6][P] will beat any attack. On normal hit(white flash) you get some damage & a sm advantage & will sober shun 1dp. On counter hit(yellow flash) you get a guaranteed [2_][4][6][P] and sober shun 1dp. This can be a strong move when your opponent's back is at or near the wall, both for psychological reasons (akira seems in control even on block & akira having your back to the wall is already bad news) and for raw damage in the event of a counterhit ([4][3][P],[2_][4][6][P], wall, [4][6][6][P]+[K] or knee). You will see homestay trying for [4][3][P] in a few matches on the evo disk...I don't think he ever yields anything nasty using it in those matches but those are really good situations to use the move and no one will get mad at you for trying to copy homestay.

17. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

"The bounce effect isn't in vf4. On block that move forces crouch and the situation is even with akira crouching...immediate DbfP will beat any attack."

sorry if you my question is stupid...so basically, what ur saying is, even if my [4][3][P] is blocked, my follow up ([2_][6][P]) is guarentee?? i tend to get thrown every tiem i tried [4][3][P]:(
    BTW, i really like the "bounce" effect in VF5 video...dont know why they didint have that in VF4:(

18. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    s_aki said:

The bounce effect isn't in vf4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it is, but only possible after a KO.

If you as Akira KO the opponent with a middle kick (which leaves them standing), hit them with [4][3][P] and watch them bounce. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

19. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Condor said:so basically, what ur saying is, even if my [4][3][P] is blocked, my follow up ([2_][6][P]) is guarentee??

[/ QUOTE ]
    No, he means [2_][4][6][P] will beat any of your opponent's attacks after they block [4][3][P]. Actually it will still lose to Sarah, Aoi, or Pai's [P], and Vanessa's [3][P], but your [2][P] will beat all those.

20. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    maddy said:

SPOD is an awesome move.

1. It's one of the not many moves in VF4 which does the full damage on a crouched opponent. Against someone who refuses to stand up on KG cancel, KG followed by SPOD works well and forces them to give up on that idea.

2. It's a great mc punisher on high risk sweeps(Wolf's 3P+K, Lion's 2K+G etc). SPOD can do more damage than Yoho combos if wall's involved.

3. It's great to use on your opponent's wake up. If you place it at the right timing, it will beat any of their attacks on a major counter due to the frame adv on wake up and it will also hit when your opponent choose to stay ducking or ETEG in the wrong direction.

Knowing the timing on placing an attack to beat your opponent's fastest attack is a great way to open up a lot of opportunities on your Oki game. Even if you use even the slowest attack in the game, if you place it at the right timing, it can beat your opponent's low P on MC.

<-The above statement mainly applies on Oki situation btw.

4. The mental damage. If you ever got hit by it, you'd know what it means. =)

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post maddy!! thx a lot!
    I always wanted ask when is the best situation to do Spod.
    yeah its all about mental dmg LOL