1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

In VF5, how much of each character was online?

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by omegamarth, May 22, 2012.

1. omegamarth

omegamarth Member

I want to know how well each character is represented by the playerbase. I didn't get the chance to own the 360 game, and I know that Jean is going to be everywhere when FS comes out, but I also want to know who else I can expect to see a bunch of.

I mean, I'm not trying to be hipster and main the less used characters (I'm either sticking with Akira, or moving to Taka. No other options for me), but I'd like to know how balanced the choices are.

Also, is Dural going to be not allowed in ranked games? Hell, how does the ranked system work?

2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

There was a mixture of everyone online. You had about a good a chance to run into aoi as kage. Keep in mind I'm talking about during the heyday of VFonline. Now you'll see the same characters online mainly because that's who the folks left playing use.

I anticipate a lot of Akira and Jacky to start with.

3. LostCloud

LostCloud Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Lost_Cloud_VF
    XBL:
    Lost Cloud86
    I've run into a good mix of all the characters through the 3 years that I've played VF5 Online. True to VF's amazing balance, I don't really think that I can say that there were ever too many people playing just one of a few characters.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Dural won't be usable in ranked matches (I think that's what Sega said), and oddly enough, no one knows yet how the ranked system works in VF5FS. I'm hoping that Sega will let us know soon.