1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

iOS VF5FS Guide App and Discount on XBL/PSN VF5FS game

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Dec 19, 2012.

By akai on Dec 19, 2012 at 4:09 PM
  1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Still need to get a gift for a friend or love one? With the upcoming holiday, several holidays sales and products related to VF5FS have been announced. The price for VF5FS has been temporarily reduced for the holidays. From December 18th to January 8th, the PSN version of the game is available for $9.99 or $6.99 for PSN+ subscribers (regular cost $14.99). From December 19th to December 31st, the XBL version of the game is available for 600 MSP (regular cost is 1200 MSP).

In addition, the VF5FS guide and move list application that was mentioned during the launch for iPhone and iPad has been finally released for 99 cents (in US currency). Tricky, who purchased the app, said "the app covers the system mechanics, gives you insight into Sega's understanding of their characters, and gives you all the frame information you could want."

The description from the iTunes Store:

"SEGA, in collaboration with VFDC, has put together this OFFICIAL Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Guide with situational strategy tips and a comprehensive move list for each of the game's 19 characters. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced player, this app has the tools to take your game to the next level!

STRATEGY GUIDE
    Learn about everything from basic movement to advanced wall attacks within the strategy section of the VF5 FS Guide. Topics include movement, character positioning, ground maneuvers, attacks, defensive actions, wall strategy, combos, frames, and character selection.

MOVE LISTS
    Once you've mastered general gameplay strategy, head to your favorite character's move list to enhance your game. Each move list contains over 100 moves with detailed frame and damage statistics that enable you to prepare for the highest level of competition."

ipadapp.jpg

EvenPit, Ylyon, Jinzer0 and 6 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Sudden_Death
      Sudden_Death
      WHERE THE FACK IS THE ANDROID VERSION!?!?!!?
    2. Tricky
      Tricky
      normal wall hits give you 21 free frames before they can block and 12 before they can evade!!. You know that wall tap hit? Nobody posted anything to that specific before.

Learned it from this app.
      Genesis, Terracrush and DomAug like this.
    3. DomAug
      DomAug
      thank you Sega and thank you VFDC for showing me exactly which app i would buy once i get my new iPod (btw thanks to my folks for buying the iPod :D)
    4. EvenPit
      EvenPit
      Omg the nexus 7 gets no good apps
    5. Rodnutz
      Rodnutz
      Thank you VFDC and especially Myke. I know somewhere behind the scenes you pitched in a great deal on this.... ok gonna buy the app now.
      Myke likes this.
    6. DomAug
      DomAug
      just bought the app. all i can say is WOW!

actually without an iPod i can't use it yet but i have some high expectations already lol
    7. Tricky
      Tricky
      I recommend using it on ipad. Iphone screen is too small to see some of the numbers clearly. If sega is gonna patch the app, they could really use a zoom feature and faster scrolling of the command list.
      Genesis likes this.
    8. DARKJUSTE
      DARKJUSTE
      I wish they port that App to PSVita. Hell, I even want to see VF5FS on that system... and 3DS. Sega should make it accesible to more people.
    9. spdbeaver
      spdbeaver
      Is the 600points deal only for xbox live gold members?
    10. Myke
      Myke
      I was asked if there were plans for an Android version, and to be honest I do not know!

My involvement with the app was purely related to the content, and I'm not privy to SEGA's release plans for other devices or Operating Systems.

If you'd like to see this on Android (I know I would since I have an Android phone) then I suggest you politely request this to SEGA. I'm not sure what the best way to submit the request is, but I'm going to try twitter and see how it goes.

Personally, I'm just glad to see something finally released! :)
      neoKEN and Dennis0201 like this.
    11. DS91
      DS91
      In the absence of the mighty VFDC Wiki, you need this app in your life!!

I learned so much in just 20 minutes reading, including (finally!) what the "EX-" hits do.

Couldn't be happier with it.

Agree the zoom and scroll refinements on iPhone would be 'nice to have' but overall well worth 69 (dudes!) of your English pence.
      Genesis likes this.
    12. Genesis
      Genesis
      This is pretty rad. It occurs to me that this is the only app I've bought for my iPad, and the only app I've ever paid for on my Droid is ChuChu Rocket.

"Learning a fighting game is a bit like eating an elephant."

Gotta love SEGA.
    13. JimsArcade
      JimsArcade
      Lovely, I finally bought VF5FS for XBL... on Dec. 18. :oops:
    14. spdbeaver
      spdbeaver
      I just checked now (Dec 21) and the 360 version is not on sale, still 1200 points. Incorrect dates or false info?
    15. Genesis
      Genesis
      Hey, man. Better late than never, and such.
    16. PureYeti
      PureYeti
      Did the VF5:FS full version with the costumes got reduce also?
    17. L_A
      L_A
      Dont knwo why but when I pull up Akiras moveslist, its wolfs that comes up. anyone else have this problem?
      DomAug likes this.
    18. Tricky
      Tricky
      yeah I have that problem too. Needs a patch
    19. DomAug
      DomAug
      ugh i just realized my copy is doing that too. good thing i don't play Akira. i'd probably demand a patch or my $0.99 back