1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Jacky cheap?

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by FatalRose, Sep 17, 2003.

1. FatalRose

FatalRose Well-Known Member

Is Jacky cheap?

Is he a well balanced char or is he just pure cheddar? I have herd stuff like he is to strong, too fast, too hard to defend against, uses cheap tactics to win easily. what do you guys think? If you think he is cheap than explain why or why not.

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Re: Is Jacky cheap?

barf

GE

3. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

barf barf /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. Kimble

Kimble Well-Known Member

His moves are easy to do and his combos & moves inflict great damage. Is he cheap? I don't know. I just think he's not too interesting to play and watch. But that's just my opinion.

5. FatalRose

[ QUOTE ]
    kungfusmurf said:

barf barf /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

what is that supposed to mean? hey i am new to this forum.

I think he is real fun to watch and play, I think he has the coolest moves overall in the game. he is like Lee Chaolan in Tekken fast and stylish.

6. hananokeiji

hananokeiji Well-Known Member

most people compare him to paul of tekken. is paul cheap? /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif lol

there arent too much "cheapness" in the world of VF. you just have to think better than your opponents. (well, easy to say. lol)

7. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Jacky is rather easy to play and be effective imo. It still takes alot of effort as a jacky player to win consistently. You can't just pick jacky and mash against any decent player and win. Don't let people tell you he's cheap just cause they suck and can't beat you. If anything, against players who can't break throws, wolf and jeffery are cheap. Cause one throw = 70-100 pts of your life.....

/versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

8. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

well anyone can be cheep by the way they play, punch trow anyone? but i think jacky aint as bad as he was in vf3/4

9. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

yeah, he's well-balanced... very. He's quite easy to play safe, and the moves aren't as tricky as the other characters. He has very little down-side. I think the one thing that pisses me off the most about him is that they could've done a Jeet Kun Do character a LOT better, IMHO.

10. sekaijin

sekaijin Well-Known Member

PSN:
    so__it__goes
    XBL:
    sekaijin usa

i thought for a long time he was way over-powered, but i have come to find that he is actually just very well balanced. he has tons of good mix ups and good movement, which can be hard to deal with. he has pretty weak throws however (as well as limited), so you dont have to fear that aspect of his game really at all compared to other characters. what i find to be jackys biggest strength is his wide range of circular mids that are hard to evade and cause stagger upon impact...which he can use to freeze you up and get a quick throw. i find him a bitch to beat from mid-range, so i guess depending on your character he can seem pretty friggin tough. his overhead kick (killer against rising) will give you headaches from mid-range as well... try and bait him to throwing a big mid and counter that.

11. Aoi_Mei

Aoi_Mei Well-Known Member

Every character can be beaten with a right tactic, no one is cheap. It doesnt matter with easy moves,and talking about strenght, experienced Akira player is 9999 times harder to beat than Jacky I´ve been fighting.
    Jacky is fair /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif(althought I´d never use him), like every other character, that´s my opinion.

12. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Its probably easy to say he's a cheap character for someone to use. Why? Well he has longe reach, powerful moves and has a decent turn of speed. Like YohoA says any character can be played cheaply. I don't like to think of anyone in VF as being cheap any more, though I used to. If you play someone who abuses his advantages too much then it gets frustrating but you must blame yourself if you continually fall for these cheap tricks. If your opponents are continually cheap then why do you allow them to get away with it all the time?(I'm not saying YOU do this is just a hypothetical situation). I know people who all have differing views of which character is cheap and why but its after playing the game for quite a while that you'll understand that characters aren't cheap. If anything its the players being cheap. At the end of the day VF should be fun to play so if you like using him, go ahead and use him regardless of what some might say about his moves.

13. Jacky_San

Jacky_San Well-Known Member

I used to think that about him, but after using him lately he definitely isn't. Why don't you give him a run and try some moves, then see if he's cheap. I kind actually like him because he's a jerk with his yeahs' and bring it on. If you use him in VS you'll definitely piss of your opponent.

14. SenoB

SenoB Well-Known Member

I would say no. His movement is barely average, and while his damage is nice, and his combos are pretty easy to do, Jacky still doens't dominate like he used to (anyone remember Lau from VF1, kinda like that). Basically, he's really "cheap" versus newbies, but all the characters (assuming you know how to use their advantages) can be cheap versus newbies. It's like Lau in VF4 Evo, he's improved, still hits like a bastard, but he isn't cheap, since he's actually really easy to avoid, counter, counter hit, etc when used "cheaply".

15. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

Jacky is fast and pretty hard to win (if human opponent uses him). In Quest mode Jacky is pretty easy because he gives you throw places. Jacky isn't cheap. YohoA is right. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

In general, looking at his moves, Jacky is'nt cheap. However, he has an INORMOUS /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif opportunity to be if played button-masher style. Just like Lei Fei, Pai, Lau, or Sarah do if played in that manner. It all depends upon the player.

17. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

hahaha this thread is still going? the answer is no, jacky isn't cheap. if you think so, then you havn't gotten your basics down yet

18. Petrovsk

Petrovsk Active Member

Simply said, Jacky is a beginner character. His style is pretty straightforward. That doesn't mean "only n00bs play him L0L", just that like a few characters, he is beginner friendly. He is very well-balanced on the skilled end of VF4. Maybe its just me, but he seems to have a lot of guaranteed throw moves as a weakness.

19. Devil7om

Devil7om Well-Known Member

Nah
    He is a beginner frindly character, but in the right hands he could be one of the best,(napolean phoenix jacky for instance)
    He does have alot of guarrented throw moves, but throw escapes arent impossible you know.

Although i dont find any characters cheap,(although lau did come close at one point, but i use him, so i shouldnt really be talkin......), i find certain moves......well not cheap, but definintely annoying are sarahs backflip from flamingo(you cant hit her), and shuns [1] [P]+[K]+[G] [P]( it interupts ALMOST anything)

then again i guess every1 will find somemoves crap with everyone

20. FatalRose

i like the way this thread has gone. i wish some way you could have jackys vf 3 default out fit in VF 4 EVO. hopefully they will add more outfits to the characters in VF final tuned.