1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

jackeys are so hard

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Black_Devil99, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Black_Devil99

Black_Devil99 Member

i've been trying to do standard mode with vannessa and i am on the 4th arcade and i do pretty good untill i have to play against a jackey can somebody plz give me some hints on how to beat a jackey easier

2. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Play the game more, learn tc moves etc, play him for yourself a while, don't freeze up when he attacks and strangle him with his own nunchakus if you must. Bumrushing him at the racetracks sometimes work aswell or you could get him mad by saying his sister's a tart (but that's just low). Btw, might want to think twice when writing a topic for your question - could easily be missinterpeted.

Over and Out.

3. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

purchasing the VF4 "Prima's official guide book" is the best choice for starters, & and for rich ppl too /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif. you can abuse moves against jacky cuz he doesn't have any reversals...use combos to bust his ass. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    rustybolt21 said:
    you can abuse moves against jacky cuz he doesn't have any reversals...use combos to bust his ass. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember Jacky has some of the best counters - his [3][P][P][P] and beat knuckle are very painful and often arise as guranteed.

5. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

If you're playing as Vanessa, you can practice using her neutral P reversal to try and tack on some extra damage. Just try to get a feel for when to let go of the controller, and when you should block.

Once you grab him, you can try the following combo:
    from hand-hold [P]+[G], dash forwards, [3][P]+[K], [6][P],[K],[K].

Easy 50% life combo, and since Jacky has quite a few punches he's a good person to try it out on. Just for reference though, this combo will only work on the hand-hold where both characters are looking straight at each other, not the one where Vanessa is holding their hand while they look to the side. Check it out in command training to figure out which handhold looks like which. The one you want is the one where she twists their arm behind their back, and then knees them away.

Other good moves to deal with rushers are her [1][K], followed by a [2][P] or while rising [P]. Be careful though, because you are at a large disadvantage if the kick hits on regular, and you can be elbowed if it gets guarded. You're even on a counter-hit though, so you can try to continue the pressure with either of the followups I posted above.

Against jacky I found that poking alot works for me, as well as using Vanessa's guard attacks once you get a grasp of the timing. Hopefully all that stuff will help you out.

6. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    [ QUOTE ]
    Black_Devil99 said:

i've been trying to do standard mode with vannessa and i am on the 4th arcade and i do pretty good untill i have to play against a jackey can somebody plz give me some hints on how to beat a jackey easier

[/ QUOTE ]

Three words: Evo Tactics Advice.

Extra word: Search (look down) /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif