1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky players around the world

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by VFJackyFan, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    HAHAHA THIS SHIT GOT ME BUGGIN!!![​IMG]

2. Azusabo

Azusabo Well-Known Member

I'm the least amused of all. It's pretty easy to compare IPs as Myke has done it before with all of the antics from VFDC members. This thread dragged onto 10 pages before Myke made some comment about it being me. Myke know's it's just a guess. This is overwhelmingly true if someone is using some web proxy/vpn. I have a fixed IP and Myke would see that 95% of my access to this site come from the same place....From Asia...

I agree with this though. Whoever it is got a very unbiased critique.

Myke's played me over 10 years now. If Myke was able to spot out my playstyle from a video, or could really point out something that makes Azusabo special he never would have made this comment about my matches in 2007:

Compare that to:

The first is totally positive and urging other people to check out my matches, the second is totally negative. Myke had no reason to say the above, except as a stab. Myke can see my live friend list and he can see all my youtube videos. He can easily play anyone I play. I'm so careful to word my posts and even the titles of my youtube videos so that I don't offend anyone. I accompany my recent video posts with lengthy descriptions, but he seems to disregard that seeing as I have some ulterior motive to as he said, show how awesome I am against newbies. Thanks bro, you really know how to encourage a guy.

3. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

guys, its not andy. not even close to his playstyle anyways.

anyways, pass the popcorn

4. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Maybe in 2007 you style was legit and fun to watch...
    Now in 2010 as Myke got wiser to the game your style is played out?

5. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I disagree. It is Andy. He's so articulate. Impossible to hide that shit.

I see way too much effort being put into defense. Like 6 EQTEG's in a row with perfect execution. Throw in some ECD Linny for good measure. Box-step stair-step, even. All of this "China" "IP Adress" "blah blah" instead of saying something like "It's not me." And leaving it at that. Or saying nothing and quietly fading away. You know, like Lemmy. Or KnobbyWTFBBQApple.

It's kind of silly. All of it.

Just play VF.

If ya wanna post videos, put up wins and losses. That's what I do and it works wonders (as long as I don't pick wall stages all the time).

Nothing personal, Andy. Glad you're still playing this wonderful game and I look forward to seeing you again.

6. Azusabo

Azusabo Well-Known Member

It goes way back before 2007. Myke has played "my style" as he seems to be able to tell, since the late 90's. He's had over 10 years to recognize it. I haven't changed much since VF4 days and I play VF5 the least of all the VFs.

@ Plague,

Thanks man, it was really awesome seeing and playing you. We both share a great love for the game! Sorry for my post in this thread, I really don't mind if people think it's me. My reply is really a reply to Myke instead of all these other guys. I didn't mean to hijack the thread lol.

And this:

Just perfect.

7. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

who the fuck cares who it is. it's a damn highlight reel. You know who else looks spectacular in a highlight reel? James white? Who? fucking exactly.
    if you don't like it...
    I don't think we need to go into a moral debate about vfjackyyoutuber.

8. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Are we still allowed to guess who it is?!

Fuck it that Jacky is SDS Overfiend, they both do the same kicks and they both win a lot of rounds, lock the thread. [​IMG]

9. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

I liked that line lol.

10. VFJackyFan

VFJackyFan Member

Glad u liked it! Man, all these cats here spent this energy talking about who's playing Jacky, it kinda spoils the mood about talking over Jacky strats. I already said that was me and my boys throwing down with a couple guys from Live too. So many people said they play Jacky though. That kicks ass, so who's down for a Jacky team?

11. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Personally I enjoy ur videos:) Please upload more if u can please!!

However, your appearance makes this thread a little bit negative. I believe you can put ur tag on the videos next time to show us who you really are. I'm glad such a high level player join our VFDC:)

12. VFJackyFan

VFJackyFan Member

Nice thread man. So who should I contact out of them? I got another question though, how old is everyone that plays VF there?

BTW, I'm using a DOA stick now and I guess it's ok but one of the buttons is getting stuck now. Anybody know how to fix it? I think I might get a new stick soon, any recommendations? My funds are kinda low so if somebody got an extra one in good shape can I buy it off you?

13. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

everyone there is 31 1/2 years old.

14. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I'd like to point out that Azusabo has recently posted a Lau shenanigans video - how about comparing the video capture and editing of those two? [​IMG]

Anyway, before Myke's insightful post, like everybody else i was looking for clues as to who might the perp be. I noticed something fishy but on second though i realized that pretty much every Jacky i played does this. Hence the following question: do you guys still sucessfully evade throws after getting Jacky's [6] [6] [K] and [4] [6] [K] [+] [G] blocked offline? [​IMG]

15. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

People tend to botch the timing on throw escapes after having a heavy move defended. In this case the animations do throw some Jacky players off as TE attempts usually come out early. You just have to pay attention to when Jacky enters the recovery frames of an attack and when someone can actually throw you.

This situation happens no matter which character you're using.