1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky, take advantage after tech rolls, help....

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Genzen, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

ok, i read that when someone tech rolls you can take advantage.

"Face down knockdowns can be taken advantage of if the opponent tries to TR or QR (Quick Rise). Specifically:

- face down, head towards: if the opponent tries to TR, your attack can interrupt them and leave them back-turned.
    - face down, head away: if the opponent tries to QR, your attack can interrupt them and leave them back-turned. "

thats what i read. i was just wondering if anyone knows any good combos for Jacky to take advantage of tech rolls.

also, at any time during a tech roll, is it possible to throw/low throw them?

2. SlimTYME

SlimTYME Well-Known Member

Surely you don't want me to give you combo's for your own character?

Well here's my 'basic' tech roll back stagger jacky combo. (Assuming P1 side)

B+[G]+[P]+[K], [3][3]+[P], [6]+[P],[K] Opponent tech roll's, Dash Forward, [3]+[K] (Opponent back stagger's) Dash Forward B+[K]+[G], [8]+[P] Does 73 damage

The Tutorial back stagger
    [4][G]+[P]+[K], [3][3]+[P], [6][P],[K] (Opponent tech roll's) Dash Forward [3]+[K], (Opponent back stagger's), Dash forward B+[P]+[K],[P] [7][K]+[G] Does 77damage.

If your opponent tech roll's from a face down, head torward's position, than a well timed sidekick is guaranteed, BUT certain follow'ups CAN be struggled. Once you get your opponent scared about Backstagger tech trap's, you can 'mix up' with down attacks, or risk a 'bounce' combo. You might wanna check the backstagger guide on Junky's Jungle, that's has LOADS of tech roll stuff.