1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage Maru mentor wanted.

Discussion in 'Kage' started by Aghashie, May 25, 2006.

1. Aghashie

Aghashie New Member

Hello. I am new to VF.
    I need a mentor who teach me the art of figthing, imput timing and mechanics for Kage.
    I know the basics, had done all the tutorials and most of the challenges. I consider myself a challenging oponent, but I got my flaws and need to get rid of them.

Cant do the [4][P]+[G] combo. Always miss the [2_][4][K].

Thanks! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

3. akira_lee

akira_lee Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    PhoenixDth said:

[2_][4][K] = [1][1][4][K]

[/ QUOTE ]

just do the above command as soon as kage wakes up

4. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

5. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

You are my favourite person in the world, Shang.

6. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Its actually 'Kagay Maru'.

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Shang, if you're going to go out of your way to ridicule someone's request for help, then you are not welcome here anymore.

I sent Shang a PM only days ago about this issue, and his reply seemed to indicate that we had an understanding. I guess I was wrong.

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The only "Kagay" is your perfect dragon punch combo one. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. Yeton

Yeton Member

[ QUOTE ]
    PhoenixDth said:

[2_][4][K] = [1][1][4][K]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have problems feeling out those diagonals using the PhoenixDth method, it might be worth trying a "double fireball" movement, [2][1][4][2][1][4][K] or [2][1][2][1][4][K]. PhoenixDth'S method is more economic though, TBH, but I find I find the fireball movement more consistent, especially on a stick.

10. PhoenixDth

I think myke is having Kagay Pooftah insecurities /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif I guess kage enveloped pink sakura petals too much for his ninja image.

11. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    one thing i did to practice the [2_][6][K] is to do one after the other after the other in training mode. I would do the attack, then before Kage lands buffer in the crouch dash and try to do the attack again the instant he recovers. It's tricky, but if you can do it flawlessly 10 times in a row then I'm sure you'll have no problem pulling it off after the 10ft toss.

A combo that has ring out possibilities, oki games, and works with all characters is [4][P]+[G], [2][P]+[K] (timed to hit as early as possible), [4][P][K] (High elbow, helix kick... stupid directions), [2][P]+[K][K]. It doesn't do much damage, so this shouldn't replace your [2_][6][K] combos, but in a pinch or when you think you can get a ring out, or if you have difficulty nailing [2_][6][K] with Aoi, Sarah and Pai, this could work out for you.

There are a few more tricks I've picked up, but I'm hardly a master. Good luck, keep practicing /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

12. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Man, that shang is so funny, hahaha. I mean he gets on here and calls other users names and then, get this, he says that Kage is gay, haha. Where does he come up with this stuff? Does he get it from the bathrooom stalls at elementary schools or junior high? He aint no Andrew Dice Clay, but the boy is funny. I mean, the whole "your character is gay and mine rocks" thing never gets old, does it? Or how about "Hey, you're retarded, and I'm like, um, not, hehe"
    Hey, little buddy, do you need a hug? Oh, I know, you just want a little attention, well, here you go:
    Is your theme song: "I dont wanna grow up, I'm a Toys' R' us kid" ?

13. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

14. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Aghashie said:

Hello. I am new to VF.
    I need a mentor who teach me the art of figthing, imput timing and mechanics for Kage.
    I know the basics, had done all the tutorials and most of the challenges. I consider myself a challenging oponent, but I got my flaws and need to get rid of them.

Cant do the [4][P]+[G] combo. Always miss the [2_][4][K].

Thanks! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Pratice the knee, but if you want to take a "safe" route to beat your friends, swap the knee with [2][P][K]

15. Aghashie

Aghashie New Member

Thanks!

Ok.

When Kage is BT, and do [G][P][K] (the big backward jump), what is the best follow-up once Kage landed.

A [G]+[P] is just too simple. My enemy can avoid it with a fast [P], crouching or a [G]+[P]-escape.

I need something fast and efective. Something my enemy cant avoid.

Thanks again!

16. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The backflip is pretty much a style move--i.e. in tournament play it's nearly useless. If you are BT your options should be:

[2][K]: Good at advantage, small to medium disadvantage, and works ell with delay

[P]+[K]: Mid-attack if you want to be safe. Best used with advantage. Tack on the canned [K] if you're confident you will counter.

[7][K]: You need to buffer the command while BTing, but this move is really, really good. You get advantage on block and a huge combo if it connects. Best used when you have advantage (i.e. you hit the opponent on the BTing move).

[8_] or [2_]: Don't underestimate the walk! Kage is hard to hit (opponents best try to back throw you), and if your opponent whiffs his attack you can punish with a BT [2][K]. You can still do all the normal options after too.

[P]+[G]: Good if you're reasonably confident the opponent will try to dodge in anticipation of your other attacks. Decent damage, high risk.

17. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ice-9 said:

[P]+[G]: Good if you're reasonably confident the opponent will try to dodge in anticipation of your other attacks. Decent damage, high risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imho, use [G] and turn around to do a 8 frame throw as it is faster and safer. On the other hand, the back turn [P]+[G] has got 'catch throw' properties to interrupt attacks.

18. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

[2][P]: Forgot this one, but this is also a good safe move.

19. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    PhoenixDth said:

I think myke is having Kagay Pooftah insecurities /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif I guess kage enveloped pink sakura petals too much for his ninja image.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah personally i think the kagay thing was the final straw for shang /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. PhoenixDth

I'm just saying if this thread was about any character other than kage, i dont think the outcome would of been the same. But oh well, it was bound to happen sooner or later.