1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kamaage: VF5R for console effort

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by kamaage, Jan 15, 2010.

1. PeleliuCorner

PeleliuCorner Member

Sega please release a console version of VF5R.It's the best 3D fighting game series ever so releasing it is not a bad idea actually.VF5R makes money.Take it!!!
    VFcustomer:Thomas Huber
    Allmersbach,Germany

2. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

Dear Sega,

As a big fan of the series and a former host of meets to celebrate your franchise with friends and strangers, I'd love to see a continuation of the series on consoles.

Serge,
    Montreal Canada.

3. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

Hey Sega,

This site is full of hardcore fans but I would like to say that casual players like me would love what you've done to VF5R. My Tekken friends have asked me when VF5R would be coming out. Right now I don't have an answer for them. I want to show them what VF5R is all about. A lot of people don't get into VF5 at this point because its old and not the latest version. In fact I'd say even the hardcore fans are starting to lose hope. Please maintain an interest in VF outside of Japan. I think you are underestimating the market value with proper promotion.

Regards

Sean Ashanti

4. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Sega-san

Thank you for exporting the Virtua Fighter series outside of Japan and making it available to console and gamers worldwide. We are most grateful.

We here the members of VFDC are your CHU-KEN Hachiko. We humbly
    ask that you do the right thing for your Hachiko. Although we know you have to do business. Sometimes the right thing is not
    about profits or sales. Sometimes the right thing is
    about Meiyo.

AM-2 has given us the best martial arts game on the planet. And for years its has held Hosho Medal with us. But now many of Sega-san's competitors have released new martial arts game that challenge the Meiyo of AM-2 and the Virtua Fighter series on the console. No answer for Sega-san competitors has brought Japanese Haji to
    to Sega-san VFDC Hachiko.

Sega-san your CHU-KEN Hachiko at VFDC realize that AM-2 hold
    Meiyo above profits or sales. So we humbly beseech you to
    restore the Sonkei of your Hachiko and always keep the console version alive with the arcade version of Virtua Fighter. So that we may silence Sega-san's competitors who challenge Virtua Fighter as KoKuho.

Sega-san let not lack of sales or lack of profit bring Japanese Haji
    to AM-2 or to members of your VFDC Hachiko. Restore our Meiyo
    release new versions of Virtua Fighter for the conosle equal to
    those in the Japanese arcades. Restore the Hosho medal for Virtua Fighter outside of Japan.

gi,yuu, jin, rei,makoto,yo, chuu[/size]

5. Whitesburg

Whitesburg New Member

Sega Guys and Gals,

I've been playing games for 25 years and VF5 is the best fighting game I have ever played. After Doom, it is my favorite game ever. I would love to see it updated or released for consoles. Otherwise, I'll have to eat cookies and cry in the shower.

6. ultralewis

ultralewis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    InfamousGeezer
    XBL:
    Infamous Geezer
    Dear Sega,

Been playing fighting games all my life and VF5 is my fave. It`s sad watching copious amounts of VF5r videos on YouTube when I am sure VF5r would make such a success all over the EU and US

Lewis,
    Aberdeen, Scotland

7. SoulKatana

SoulKatana Well-Known Member

PLEASE SEGA!!!
    We NEED "Virtua Fighter 5R" for 360 & PS3!!!
    The VF community is growing and growing and we need more FOOD!!
    PLEASE!!! WE'R HUNGRY!!!

SoulKatana / Germany

8. SilentNephilim

SilentNephilim Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SilentNephilim
    XBL:
    SilentNephilim
    Dear Sega

I've been playing the Virtua Fighter series since the 1st game and it is my favorite fighting series. Me and plenty of other people would love it if you would please release Virtua Fighter 5 R for the consols.

Joey
    Louisiana, USA

9. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Thanks for updating your meeting schedule, Kamaage.

Most messages here describe how eager we are about VF5R, and pretty much we are begging for it as well. Besides, I'm more also curious what are they(SEGA) thinking about VF in the future?

It probably sounds bitter and I'm sorry my English is not proper enough, so maybe you can tactfully deliver my message by your way. Ask SEGA what do they consider the strategy from Capcom and Namoco? Banning VF outside of Japan is really what they want?
    Do they notice our effect last year on E3?

Actually I just want to hear something from them(SEGA), any information is fine at least SEGA would talk to us.

Thanks again Kamaage, hopefully we can make it^^

10. CJA

CJA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IzunaDrop25
    XBL:
    CJA25
    Dear Sega:

Iv'e been a fan of Virtua Fighter ever since i got the Sega Saturn(the three game bundle which also had Virtua Cop and Daytona) for Christmas.At the time i was Eleven and understanding the game was rather hard, but i had fun with it. Through the years iv'e come to understand the game better and hope to see the series continue.So please Sega bring Virtua Fighter 5 R to console's we need it and will gladly support this Franchise.

Sincerely Carlos J Alvarez.
    Bronx,New York USA

11. BaKeMoNo

BaKeMoNo New Member

Sega please give us VF5R on Xbox360 and PS3
    we don't have game many centers here, and it's really hard (if not impossible) to find a VF cab...

BaKeMoNo / France

12. Sidna7

Sidna7 Well-Known Member

Sega,

I have respected that name for many years...it holds memories dear to me and spurs more sentiment than any company name should.
    I can't really complain...after all, the most quality time I have spent through my video-game life has been with titles under that name.
    But I also have to admit that it hurts to see so much ignorance from your part. I doubt that what I'm doing right now will help any; however, there is not much else us VF fans can do...so if you could please do your best to bring VF5R to consoles, or guide us towards ways that may result to our wishes...we would be more than grateful.

Niko
    Athens, Greece

13. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

Sega,

I have a problem that I was hoping you could help me out with. I've been playing fighting games for years now and its come to be my favorite genre of video games. However, in the last 8 years or so I've had a hard time finding a fighting game that didn't, well, suck. All the fighters out now are unbalanced and cater to players who don't want to put any thought into their game.

The exception to this rule is, of course, the Virtua Fighter series. Everything about this game is incredible, and the critics take notice of this too. VF constantly gets high marks and awards when released in the US. And with every new release of VF, the player base grows by leaps and bounds. So keep releasing them! Once a fighting game player makes the jump to VF, they never look back.

Thanks
    White_Worm
    Colorado, USA.

14. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Dear Sega,

I've been a fan of fighting games since I could hold a controller. I used to play all kinds of fighting games when I was a kid without actually getting too deep into any of them until Virtua Fighter 2. It was then that I first thought: WOW! This looks so real!
    Since then Virtua Fighter has been my favourite fighting game series and You've never let me down by providing the best possible gaming experience whenever a new game was released.

That's why I was so sad to realise I might not be able to play Virtua Fighter 5R. I love Virtua Fighter 5 with all my heart, but it pains me to see Japanese players enjoy the features and characters I can only dream of having on my console VF.
    Please Sega, make my dream come true. Bring VF5R to consoles.

Thanks
    Slawomir Krukowski "Griever"
    Poznan,Poland.

15. MarkMan

MarkMan Well-Known Member

Dear SEGA,

This is MarkMan. I make arcade sticks for a living with Mad Catz.

Make Virtua Fighter 5R and release a new Virtua Stick High Grade so we can have some "friendly" competition.

If SLS isn't up to the task, then you can just release the game and leave the VF stick to us. [​IMG]

Either way. The fighting game community needs/wants this for Virtua Fighter. Fighting games haven't had this kind of push in awhile. Please make it happen. I believe in miracles. I mean, you guys did release Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 here after all!

Best regards,
    Mark "MarkMan" Julio
    San Diego, California USA
    Mad Catz, Inc. & SDTEKKEN

16. CaliPower

CaliPower Member

SEGA,

My name is Alex Valle, a well-known Street Fighter player in the US/Japan. I qualified for 2 SBO(Tougeki in Japan) events and was part of documentary called "Bang The Machine" which was filmed partly in Japan.

I'm very thankful I've visited 2 arcade cultures in my youth where I played the very best players we call the "FGC" fighting game communty. Unfortunately today, there is less and less arcade support and that means less games for our players. Even though I'm a Street Fighter player, the best times of my life was meeting players from other fighting games such as Tekken,King of Fighters,and Virtua Fighter players. Without those players, I would not be where I am today.

The community needs VF5R for console release not just for something to keep playing. The Fighting Game community needs VF5R for our scene to stay alive!

Thanks for your time,
    Alex "CaliPower" Valle
    Westminster,California
    www.levelup-series.com

17. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    Sega,

My name is Eddel aka Chief Flash in the Virtua Fighter community. I've been playing Virtua Fighter since it's introduction to the Sega Saturn in 1995. Even at such a young age, there was something about the game that drew me in. Even today, 15 years later, I can still hum the original soundtrack. I've not stopped playing VF. In 2009, I was the VF5 USA representative in China for WCG World Finals. Please release VF5R on console to rekindle my thirst for competition.

Thank you,

Eddel Dioquino, USA - Virginia

18. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    SEGA

I been playing vf at the age of 16 when it came out for ps2 with virtua fighter 4 and in 2003 virtua fighter 4 evolution.The game caught my attention at first because of its wickedly addictive quest mode + crazy customizations and I soon realize there was more to vf after attempting to complete the awesome dojo mode built to teach the fundamentals of the vf system. I continue to play vf4 evolution until i heard news vf5 will arrive in the US so bought both the ps3 system,and vf5 upon release. A year later after ps3 release i decided to buy the 360 version of vf5 because of online. Soon after i joined the vfdc community where i continue to learn more about virtua fighter 5. Please Release VF5R to consoles worldwide I'll gladly buy it on day 1

Thanks

Yohan Yon, USA-Rhode Island

19. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Dear Sega,

in 1995 I had been accepted to Helsinki university, and I had time in my hands because I travelled to downtown Helsinki with a bus in the morning and left back to my parents home in the evening. When I wasn't studying I was looking for things to do.
    I came across an arcade, and inside there was a game that looked very different from any other games. The game was virtua fighter 2.

I was fascinated by it and when I had the chance, I searched for more information from the internet. I came across report from this great tournament in Canada called 'mother of all tournaments'. It had a marvelous Akiraplayer called 'Number 4' in it, and the article pulled me in completely. From there on I wanted to learn to play Akira.

I played Virtua fighter over the years, through VF2, VF3, VF3 team battle, VF4, VF4evolution and VF5 ver.b and ver.c. I met many great people and VF helped me through some hard times. I bought consoles: dreamcast, playstation 2, playstation 3 and finally xbox 360, all for the specific purpose to play the latest version of virtua fighter. I bought many arcade controllers and had them modified. I travelled abroad to play Virtua fighter: Sweden, England, Germany. I represented my country in world cyber games 2008 grand final, Virtua Fighter tournament despite suffering from a gallstone that made me spend the night before the trip in hospital surgical ward.

Today, people who used to play Virtua fighter, are moving to play other games. The console version of Virtua fighter is getting old and people simply aren't interested in old games. Yet fighting games are finally getting accepted in the pro gaming leagues here in Finland. There has already been three Virtua fighter tournaments with money prizes in the semiannual Assembly computer events here. Fighting games have had some interest from magazines and even a radio station. Yet the latest Assembly event sported a Tekken 6 tournament.

Now would be the time to ensure that Virtua fighter would get the spot it deserves as the best pro fighting game! I beg you Sega, release the latest version of Virtua fighter to consoles again!

Juha Laukkanen
    Virtua fighter player since 1995
    Helsinki, Finland

Pai~Chun likes this.
  20. stpROCK

stpROCK Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Maldarak
    XBL:
    Ad4M
    My message to SEGA:

For me it started all with Virtua Fighter 4. Since then i´ve been playing this amazing fighting game most of the time. Virtua Fighter is my very favourite videogame!

Together with a friend of mine we travelled through germany and europe to fight the best players and organized our own tournament in Hamburg 2005, which was called "Virtua Fighter Bushido Battle".
    Not only because i´ve been germany`s representative at the WCG´s in 2008 and 2009 i´ve got the chance to meet so many nice people from VFDC and from all over the world.

During my first journey to Japan in 2004 i played "Virtua Fighter Final Tuned" in the arcade, again, an amazing title!
    BUT...it wasn`t released for console. I was very disappointed.
    Now i am watching Videos from "VF5R" on Youtube and i see many improvements again in soo many ways. I really want to play this game with all of my friends. It is the newest VF-title!

SEGA! Virtua Fighter5R is the best fighting game in the world. It is a part of japanese gaming-culture. Share it with us! Please bring VF5R for console!

Darius Schuiszill
    Hamburg
    Germany