1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lau query

Discussion in 'Lau' started by Shoju, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

Why is it that after [2][P] if I follow with [6][P]+[G] I always get his [4][3][P]+[G] throw and instead of doing 50 damage like normal it does 65? The throw is also escaped with [6][P]+[G] yet the animation is his [4][3][P]+[G] throw and there's extra damage /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

I've checked my commands throughly and I am pressing [6][P]+[G], and the fact it can be escaped with [6] confirms this.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Didn't you notice that Lau has a [2_][6][P]+[G] throw as well? The [2][P] puts you in a crouching position, so doing [6][P]+[G] will give you that throw. You need to be standing to do the plain [6][P]+[G], and if you want to do this from crouch, then buffer in a dash ([6][6] or [4][4]) before you enter [6][P]+[G].

3. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

Dam I missed that one, only just started aving a look at Lau. I assumed that with the tools at his disposal he wouldn't also have an easy 65 damage throw.

4. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

if you're going to do the [6] direction, why not do his [4][6][P]+[G] for more dmg??

5. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

[4][6][P]+[G] plus stomp is 63 while [2_][6][P]+[G] or [3][3][6][P]+[G] is 65 but the opp is left far away.

Anyway I was just trying to see how dirty and cheap Lau could be especially since I heard round here somewhere that an embryo beat some top players in Japan with him.

6. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Can't you recover for less damage from the FC throw?

I don't really play Lau much so it's highly possible I'm thinking of the wrong throw.

7. Pai_Garu

No you are correct. [2_][6][P]+[G] can be TR'ed for less damage. It's why most people consider the [4][6][P]+[G] to be his highest dmg throw.

/versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

8. Lingoon

Lingoon Well-Known Member

You can tech [4][3][P]+[G] if I remember correctly...

9. Pai_Garu

Yes that can be TR'ed as well.

10. Aoi_Mei

Aoi_Mei Well-Known Member

[4][3][P]+[G]-wall->[3][P]+[K] / [2][P]+[K] / [7][K]

Just wanted to post this somewhere...

11. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

How do you use his [2_][6][P] series in juggles? Normally you would buffer it into a CD but Lau has a move assinged to [3][3][P] and I can't seem to get it to work when buffered into juggles with [1][1][3][P]. Sometimes I do the buffered version out of [3][3] in a combo but I don't know how Im doing it. The tutorial doesn't really explain too well.

12. JetLancer

JetLancer Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Shoju said:

How do you use his [2_][6][P] series in juggles? Normally you would buffer it into a CD but Lau has a move assinged to [3][3][P] and I can't seem to get it to work when buffered into juggles with [1][1][3][P]. Sometimes I do the buffered version out of [3][3] in a combo but I don't know how Im doing it. The tutorial doesn't really explain too well.

[/ QUOTE ]
    You have to either do [1][1][3][P], [3][3][3][P], [3][2][3][P] or [6][3][2][3][P]. BTW Lau doesn't have a [2_][6][P], it it [2_][3][P].

13. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

Ok thanks. It seems as if you have to commit to that type of combo quite early meaning if your combo starter move gets blocked you could be in trouble unless your reacting really quick. [2_][4][6][P] for instance is a throw guaranteed move so in this case I assume you don't have time to wait and see if you hit.

14. Pai_Garu

well, looking at it from a different perspective.. if you ever played 2D fighters, you can do Lau's modified [2][3_][P] by doing [6][3][2][3_][P]. So if you think of it that way, you wouldn't need to 'commit' in advance to utilize the move in juggle combos. You can do it almost instantly.