1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Mortal Kombat X

Discussion in 'General' started by Unicorn, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    So... Who's up for this game? Do you have it already? What are your impressions? Who are you playing with?

Gimme gimme gimme details :)

Tricky and Jacko like this.
  2. Jacko

Jacko Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JackoRCB
    IcKY99 likes this.
  3. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Yeah I was watching it live and I was pleasantly surprised. The flow of the matches is (at least for me) much more fluid that MK9/IGAU.

And what more - I consider MKX to be the easiet-to-read game from spectacors point of view out of all current games, VF included. You can almost naturally see and understand things like "now he is playing spacing game", "he is doing combo, this all connected" end such things. Also the animations I did not like in previous Netherrealm games - they where almost as gummy-ragdoll looking as DOA is to me - now seems to be 90% gone. I am alsmost sure moves are motioncaptured and only here and there the nimator screw them instead of polish.

Only thing I really hate are most of fatalities. Most of them looks
    a) too disgusting to be fun, simply as if the mindset was "lets make it as goresome as possible and fuck anything else including originality or common sence. Originality is what I am lacking most; most of fatalities I saw so far looks boring as hell once you saw them twice.
    b) as if the graphic (on cutted heads, torsos etc - mainly slices) where made back in 2000s. Does not fit with nicely polished grapshic of the rest of the game at all :(

Overall I am really looking forward to play this game, looks like it will be fun. Maybe (probably) MKX is not as complex as VF is, but complexity is not everyting and so far, the game seems to excel in the "other" areas a lot :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    Jacko likes this.
  4. Jacko

Jacko Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JackoRCB
    Yeah, the game looks way more fluid than previous entries. I'm really liking the variation set-up as it is akin to CvS2 grooves or MvC2 assist styles that can really change the flow of gameplay.

At this point, fatalities are just a flame bait. You can easily see the looks of frustration on the players faces at Fatal 8 after they get fatality'd. Some of them make absolutely no sense, but that's how MK's always been with their fatalities.

5. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    I cannot wait! Kotal khan plz don't be nightwolf tier!!

6. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    @IcKY99 Good thing about Netherrealm games is they ballance-patch their games a lot after release.
    Bad thing about them is they ballance-patch their games after release a lot.
    ;)

BlueLink and IcKY99 like this.
  7. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    that kinda support is a blessing and a curse. At least they attempt to balance things when they get out of hand

8. nou

nou Well-Known Member

The fatalities are hilarious in this, and just about as gruesome as MK9. Can't feel like I'd play it longer than that, though. Gonna check out some play here and there though and hope Erron Black gets plenty of playtime.

The variations are cool as well. The pricing structure on this game is ridiculous however, but I imagine that's more from WB than Nether Realms Studio.

9. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    in the MK booty

IcKY99 likes this.
  10. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I'm very worried about the netcode, but otherwise everything looks great!

oneida likes this.
  11. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    I got the game. Just amazing. Is pretty fast and the character varations is really great addition.The moves and generally the feeling of fight is way better than mk9. About fatalities, yeah are really gruesome but who cares . LOL

Kamais_Ookin and IcKY99 like this.
  12. DurViener

DurViener Well-Known Member

Ugh, fuck no pre-loading for Steam. Shits gonna take the whole day to DL for me.

I'll be on that version though. Gonna try Kano and Ferra/Torr first

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  13. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    SO guys it's been about 2 days since release, what are your thoughts so far?

Personally what I like:
    • Keeps same general feel as MK 9 But expands and relieves some minor gripes I had with NRS design and animators doing wonky looking movements.
    • Variations
    • Big damage for 1 meter most of the time
    • Online features are pretty great compared to some stuff out there FS, 3Soe, even SF4 until they introduced online omega and online training
    Don't like
    • some chars absurd zoning
    • Some chars have little to no wake up options to deal with said above. Lock down city!
    • AS of right now netcode is pretty weak, sometimes it feels smooth as butter but anything can set it off, its worse outside of your own state, playing w/ @00000000 was smooth but he's 20 minutes away, playing with a friend of his in Seattle with low bandwidth was FS psn lobby styles of lag, HORRIBLE

00000000 and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  14. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    @IcKY99 you get my info yet? check your inbox

15. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

got this on PC.

Netcode IS FINEEEEE! I played cappo, he was in london, im in NYC, shit was near flawless.

love everything about this game. this is THE only fighting game other than VF that I play.

too bad my SSD decided to die on launch day...

16. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Been playing on PS4 for the past day or two. Loving it which is weird as I normally don't like MK games.

The DLC bullshit is annoying. It isn't DOA costume packs annoying. But paying for stuff like easy fatalities that need to be replenished by buying more of them? That's a clear cash grab. Also, putting Goro behind pay-wall is just...insane.

Aside from that, it's fun as hell. Played with a local buddy of mine last night, had some fun Mileena/Kano matches. Got in some matches with @Nathan S earlier today to try the netcode. It was pretty good minus a few hiccups.

So far so good I guess...

17. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    My goro beasts you badly, jus sayin... ;p

Sozos and IcKY99 like this.
  18. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Man good pc netcode my ass sudden, out of like 50 unique ID's I've never met anyone above 0 bars. This is unprecedented never before seen. I'm curious if I get any bars with anyone here shit.

19. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    High Voltage, huh? I'm sure NRS chose them to handle the PC ports of their games after checking out their amazing track record. /imalwayshatin

Game looks fun though.

00000000, IcKY99 and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  20. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    This has to be top 5 worst PC releases of all time, my God the FAIL. Can't play this fucking game.

IcKY99 likes this.