1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

move for goh highly underused

Discussion in 'Goh' started by PBijl, Jul 2, 2003.

1. PBijl

PBijl Member

any1 give me ur thoughts about [6][P][K](while float)

example, [4][P][K],[P],[6][P][K], gives the opponent a beatdown which usually screwes up techtiming, ending up in a groundthrow. this move usually saves my hide vs progamer /versus/images/graemlins/ooo.gif i dont see alot players using it though

2. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

one of the reason not many players use it is because the damage potential after doing a different juggle combo that is easy for the opponent to techroll is much more rewarding than a single ground attack or ground throw. Since the ground throw is rather easy to escape from, Goh players would probably not rely on it too much. You might do that every once in a while just incase people get lazy and don't ground throw escape. The combo you gave, however, has been documented before nevertheless.

/versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

3. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

i wouldnt say ground throws are easy to escape out of, its a 50%,50% chance, since you cant multi ground throw escape. Goh along with Aoi are the only 2 characters in the game with 2 damaging ground throws. Maybe even down to a 33%, if you consider them not inputting it at all.

4. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

[ QUOTE ]
    PhoenixDth said:

i wouldnt say ground throws are easy to escape out of, its a 50%,50% chance, since you cant multi ground throw escape. Goh along with Aoi are the only 2 characters in the game with 2 damaging ground throws. Maybe even down to a 33%, if you consider them not inputting it at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wolf has strong ground throws too /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

5. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

but only his [3][P]+[G] does damage, which everyone inputs to throw escape. His [2][P]+[G] is only a pick up, does no damge, and is fairly easy to struggle out of.

Just to clarify things ground throws not low throws -_-;;

6. PBijl

PBijl Member

ofcourse it is just there to be used once, nevertheless it's still underused, since the example combo still does around 95 dmg, and if u face a heavy weight and dont get a MC, cant get the same dmg in a juggle then

7. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

in my view, the contrast as srider mentioned in the uses of both combo methods are significant to a degree.

i'd say a standard kick is a better primary combo seeing as that it's a stapler for all goh players, because: it will connect on all weights because it's a mid, (and will recover faster then the shlrm with only 5 pts less dmg), it will allow better TR / QR advantages due to quick recovery i.e alot more options to deal even more damage on opp's recovery or non recovery, and probably more smarter than a risky slam ~ ground throw which the opp can TR / QR if the float is not high enough, or a 50 50 chance of throw escaping the throw.

the down fall is that the [K] is (arquably significantly) 25 pts less dmg than a slam ~ ground throw, but you can guess why players judging from this thread use the slam less (other than arashi of course /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif)

not to say however that it does not have it's uses, but it's obvioulsy not primary, more secondary... in a nut shell

8. PBijl

PBijl Member

Conclusion:

[6][P][K] while Float([4][P] lacks the range to Gthrow) > Beatdown > GThrow.

Things ull face:
    1. Fast recovery: is usually(u can say like, always) bad timed by opponent because its simply not expected, and even when expected difficult to time(so up to here you usually got em)
    2. 50% guessing game. If an escape attempt is made(due to the tenseness often not made /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

Good for a single use if an MC is not made against HW and stuff. bla.

[ QUOTE ]
    " -not to say however that it does not have it's uses, but it's obvioulsy not primary, more secondary... in a nut shell "

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but then again for a secondary, underused /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[6][P][K] Usefull!! /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Compy usually recovers from it at higher ranks so dont even bother -.-''

9. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

But then again why would you want to give up a T/R as you can catch them with the [2][K][G] / [8][K][G] trap and miss that small, but fun, guessing game (which leads to a garaunteed ground throw?). o_O

10. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I think you need to re-read Srider's post. He mentions why people don't use it often as well as noting the benefits of it's usage.