1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Moves/Situations that screw up the Camera/Position

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by JHow77, Oct 17, 2008.

1. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    I thought an interesting topic would be moves in certain situations that give weird results. Since the only character I know to the 'Nth degree is Shun it would be nice to hear other people's findings.

One thing that can definitely be used to your advantage in this game is the knowledge of what the game engine / camera will do in certain situations. I guess this could be considered exploiting but hey, if it's in the game it's in the game.

With Shun I've just started experimenting with something new to me. After landing his 10dp sabaki (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif) I've been trying /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and getting weird results. I've warped right through the opponent and neither of us get hit. The reason this happens is because the game has just decided to turn Shun the right way because he is left at a weird angle. LA Akira - I'm sure you know some weird instances as well.

Let's see, what else?? Ahh yes, using /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif guarantees for some strange results sometimes too. I do this when someone is getting up (usually a rolling get up) and you never quite know where each character will end up when the move is over. A lot of times it leaves Shun far away and BT so he's not at a disadvantage.

An interesting thing I saw Itazan do once (or maybe it was SHU) was after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. He then did the dodge setup for one jab and then KK. He held the second K so he went into stance, and then did /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif which is the roll toward move. The interesting thing about this is since the opponent did a quick roll you'd think it would have rolled around Shun's forward roll, but instead Shun's roll changed in a homing roll and followed the quick roll. Sheesh, did I slaughter that explanation or what?! =/

I know there's more I'm forgetting but I really should get back to work anyway. I'd love to hear people's experiences on this!!

2. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    (This isn't limited to shun moves, is it?)

Vane vs Lion match, after floating my opponent from OS he didn't techroll so i went for a pounce. While in the air he mashed lion's rising kick. You know, the one he does a little breakdance move. My pounce was sucesful but, instead of rolling backwards to end up facing lion's feet, i rolled forward, meaning i ended up backturned next to lion's head /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif I think lion's rising kick is to blame, he's the only one to have that kind of funky animation.

3. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    Nope not Shun specific at all. Rather I'm interested in hearing all sorts of stuff. I think I know exactly what you're talking about. I've seen similar things with Shun vs. Vanessa and Shun vs. Kage.

Incidentally Shun has his neat rising animation also. It's the windmill kick which although extremely rare can be used as a pounce counter. It's one of his most useless moves to try unfortunately, especially since they worsened the hit box for VF5. Block stun looks bizarre also when someone blocks that move. I can't wait for VF5R since Shun can use that move at will and go to headstand! =D

4. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

Re: Moves/Situations that screw up the Camera/Posi

Brad has still some severe camera issues in revision C when he uses his Phasing Turn and when at the same time the opponent OMs to the side.

5. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Camera can still flip around when Akira does his /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. Not sure what causes it to happen, I see it most when near a wall or when I catch an opponent just after they tech roll.

It's really annoying /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

I've got a backthrow on Shun when he was entering that stance where he lies down. Not sure what happened here, Shun had actually got on the floor when the backthrow connected. I've got the replay i'll have a look tomorrow.

6. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby

Funny I was playing Plague and Lau's BT /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif went over Akira's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and I ended up behind him. I'm not sure where the frames were or who did what first on that exchange but it would've been odd if I got a free back throw

7. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Yeah i've seen this happen with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, they just go right through the opponent. I think it's when the Akira player does one of those and the opponent does a high attack like the one you mentioned at the same time.

8. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I once I did Wolf's PGS on my friend (I think he used Pai) near a low wall, he escaped it and when Pai should've roll away she got teleported through the wall and ROed instead.

I think it was on terrace stage and he had his back right next to the wall.

Sadly, no replay of that one.

9. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

i did lei feis roll forward vs rising high roundhouse and he rolled right past the opponent and then did the double kick to the opponents back : ) Also lei fei's 466pk can when used to crush rising (which it doesnt do because...) will many times just slip u behind the opponent. Not something that could be done as a strategy, but quirky all the same.

10. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby

I was playing Glory, Lei-Fei vs. Jacky, when i dodged towards Jack's back when he used /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. Immediately after I evaded the elbow I went for Lei's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. The attack somehow warped through Jack's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and we both ended side-turned to each other in opposite directions.

Also I was playing Lucky when Pai's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif went over Lei's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

11. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Sometimes if you go for Wolf's ground throw when they're head first facing down (happens a lot after a wall hit), he'll go through them and get the feet one.

12. Black_Ant

Black_Ant Well-Known Member

After Aoi's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif into her ground throw /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif the camera stays in front of her and randomly goes left or right after the window for inputting a down attack. Also makes it confusing if you want to back away or run in closer.

13. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby

If you K.O. someone with Pai's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, after they fall to the ground you can still get attacks to connect after a ludicrous amount of time passes i.e. w/ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

14. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979

The same could be said when I do some of Pai's inashis the cameras goes crazy making it hard to tell which way I am am going if I am not used to weird camera angles as I try to retreat or get closer.

15. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

That happens with Goh as well. Wallsplat, P,K, immediate ground throw = teleport Goh between wall and opponent for footgrab instead of headgrab.

I believe it also changes the break direction for df into db: they do change places and it's never been broken for me in a match (though I don't use it too much either). If you try in practice you get left on the reverse direction after throwbreak.

Today I did Laus b,d+P+G near a high wall (I was kinda cornered) and while the camera didn't seem too confused about the position the controls were. When I inputted b,f+P with my Lau clearly left on the 1P side I still got b+P as a result.
    It might have been an input error on my side but I was pretty relaxed and it's a really simple input too so I'd really like to believe it was the game.
    I tried to do it again in dojo but I couldn't make it happen.

16. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Actually, it doesn't. When escaping down throws, the 50/50 guess is always between down or a diagonal. I believe you can escape with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif against the opponent's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif attempt. The reason for this is due to this very topic -- random camera changes /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

This was the case in VF4FT and I'm pretty sure it carried over to 5.

17. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

That's what I meant hence the explanation after ":" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

So for example 1P Goh does wallsplat PK, df+P+G, opp mashes df+P+G.
    Goh suddenly becomes 2P and opps df+P+G becomes db+P+G so in the original position they should've escaped db instead of df.

Success at making confusing explanation. Anyway, just pointing out that I meant what you said.

18. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

hmm I'm still confused /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The only part I disagree with is that the throw escape direction does not change, just because Goh switches sides. If after the switch you're entering /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif then you'll still successfully escape Goh's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif.

19. haunts

haunts Well-Known Member

I was playing akuma001 on live the other day and I did Gohs P+K sabaki while his El Blaze did a punch into BT move (I think). I Sabaki'd the punch but the follow up grab missed and El Blaze just tweeked into BT from that. Looked super glitchy.

20. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Well, I wasn't sure if that actually works that way. Just a hunch I've had for a while since it isn't escaped when I rarely go for it and because Goh is left on the latter side if it is escaped from.

EDIT: I misunderstood the message. Left just my last column. Thanks for clearing that.

EDIT2:
    If you want to see something fun try doing Gohs b,f+K sabaki on some backturning kick like Brads FC kick.
    I've whiffed a couple of tsukamis on BT too /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif It should have an auto-backthrow or something.