1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

need help practicing combos

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by jongoo, May 23, 2012.

1. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    I think the wind sound you are referring to is the sound for some full circular moves that sounds like a little jet engine, indicating its full circular attribute. If that's not it, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I didn't notice that, thank you. Super cool. [​IMG]

2. Plume

Plume Well-Known Member

Ah, no, the wind effect I was talking about is visual. MarlyJay described it as fluid instead.

Here, the very first attack is a counter hit, you can see the visual effect but it's not very clear...
    The second successful attack is a normal hit, so no wind/liquid effect.
    The third successful attack is a counter hit, so wind/fluid appears, and it is clearer this time.

3. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii

What exactly is hit checking? With using [P]+[K][P] would it be avoiding the use of the [P] because your opponent has an advantage and is about to attack?

Jerky you can def call me a noob for this :p

Edit: Just realized i posted this in the archive section. Fail. I am moving it now to active Dojo.

4. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Typically [P]+[K][P] is a CH launcher, a mid-high string. If the opponent blocks the first hit, and crouch the second, they can wait and hit you hard with a big punisher for alot of damage.

Although you can hit check it and you also can followup with a kick, overall its better to fish for a CH with [2_][3][p]instead. [P]+[K] is much better used only as a whiff punisher as AJS mentioned

5. jongoo

jongoo Active Member

I think for most people, hit checking comes from playing a lot. Some things, you will start confirming if you just keep playing.

I think people who started playing this real early are lucky because they started hitchecking certain things before they even heard the term "hitchecking".