1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New to VFDC? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Myke, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Strider786

Strider786 Well-Known Member

@Virtuamiller Hey man, welcome to VFDC! I live in the UK, so our connection should be pretty good. Add me up and we can get some games in :)

Here's a few places I recommend you have a read of, should contain all you need to know about VF and Jean to start kicking ass. Hope this helps :)
    • The wiki Includes information on the notation we use (e.g 3K+G, 833 etc.), it also contains a lot of character info though a lot of it is incomplete including the Jean section: http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/index/

Ellis and Modelah like this.
  2. Virtuamiller

Virtuamiller New Member

Hey strider,

thx for this stuff. I m gonna Check it all out soon! I will add you tomorrow!

Ellis and Strider786 like this.
  3. Throwback

Throwback Member

Hi All. I am a new(ish) VF player in Canberra Australia. As far as I know VF isn't really played around here so I'm limited to playing with my mates once a week (and sadly they only really play because I want them to).

If there are any Australian players who want to play online (PS3) or who actually live in the ACT, let me know!

Strider786 likes this.
  4. Strider786

Strider786 Well-Known Member

5. GrizzlyTrollton

GrizzlyTrollton Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. New blood here. US East Coast Player.

Finally broke and bought a copy of this game last week. 2+ years after the fact of it's release. Better late than never right? Trying to finally learn this game properly. I've really only played VF super casually up until now but I did dabble into other fighting games (Soul Calibur, Tekken, Street Fighter, Guilty Gear) pseudo-seriously to properly learn them about 5~6 years ago while I was in the VA area (I'm back in PA now) . Always been a fan of the VF, just never took the time to really learn the game until recently.

I main Eileen and am also trying to learn Vanessa and Goh on the side. I've been getting wrecked online, but that's to be expecting and I am learning a lot (online lag aside). I want to make Virtua the main 3D fighter I play since I really do like the series the most out of all the 3D fighters I've played. First Virtua FIghter I played was that god awful Sega Genesis version of VF2 way back in the day, lol. But I was a little kid so I had a shit load of fun with it anyway.

Anyway, just making my presence known here since I have been lurking this website for the past few days looking for Virtua content and I really dig the Sunday Night RAW matches Blackstar has going. It's been very helpful to me while I've been trying to grind this game the past few days.

I'm on PS3. PSN is GrizzlyTrollton. I've been playing mostly ranked matches online since that's the only way for me to get any matches on the regular, but if anyone has interest in making lobbies for some grinding I'd be all for that. Look forward to getting rekt by you guys so I can finally learn this game.

Ellis and BLACKSTAR like this.
  6. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

Feel free to add me psn: bkatbamna I should be able to accept it within the next two weeks

Ellis and GrizzlyTrollton like this.
  7. PERFECTCOMBO

PERFECTCOMBO Member

PSN:
    L1VE_STREAM_PC
    XBL:
    PERFECT COMBOX
    Hello guys I'm new to the site the name is perfectcombo i came from the doa series played VF5FS on xbox 360 when the game first came out just figuring out now that it had a site lol.

I Main Lion in VF5FS but play pai,jacky,akira in doa i really wanna see some more vf characters this is the last time i played vf Good games.

My: GT: PERFECTCOMBOX
    MY: PSN L1VE_STREAM_PC

I'm looking to learn all the characters in vf

i also do live streams in the FGC http://www.twitch.tv/perfectcombo hope to stream some vf matches.

IcKY99 and Ellis like this.
  8. BBountyHuntyr

BBountyHuntyr Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    I'm glad you're here my friend. If you ever want to play against me, drop me a line man. I'll be around ;) Everyone here is always willing to play. I can wait to see you progress in VF man. Your Pai is really good in DOA, you should try her out here and main her.

Trying to main everyone is a SERIOUSLY difficult task man. I will not try to dissuade you if that's what you want to do, but I would say master one character before moving on to another. At best a maximum of three. But if you want to shoot for the stars, I won't stop you :D

Also, please participate in R.A.W whenever you get the chance or when you feel you're ready. If really helps strengthen your character and reinforce your research on your main character.

But anyway, if you need any kind of help, please don't be afraid to hit me up ok?

Hope to see and face you soon. :):p

Ellis likes this.
  9. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    good shit i been following your channel for a good while now

10. FlawedFists

FlawedFists Active Member

PSN:
    FlawedFist
    Greetings I've also been a long time lurker of the forums as well I've been a Vanessa player since 4(my first VF) and continued to play her in evo though I havent kept up to date with 5 and final showdown I still play 4:evo and watch tournments. Though I have been thinking about getting a ps3 to play final showdown I'm still not sure if I should though. Even though I might not be able to face anyone in vf5:fs hopefully we can still talk about vf farwell and I hope you all have a great night thank you to all who read this.

oneida, Ellis and BLACKSTAR like this.
  11. tiago_c

tiago_c Member

PSN:
    tiago_c
    Hey people, i'm from Portugal. been playing VF since the first one on the Saturn and it's my favourite fighting game series, Lion is my main since VF2, and i also play with Pai, Sarah and a little bit of Akira, and play a lot FS on PS3. Best regards to all : ]

Ellis, oneida and BLACKSTAR like this.
  12. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

Nice to see you [P][E][E][P]

13. tiago_c

tiago_c Member

PSN:
    tiago_c
    Thank you : D

14. D.R.F.

D.R.F. Member

PSN:
    DFlores_15
    yoo new to VFDC. been playing Virtua Fighter since vanilla version, and was one of the guys with the fs craze in june 2012, but never had a lasting group to play with. Still VF is my favorite 3d fighter and although I am still relearning it on stick (2D (GG) player now) I am more than happy to get back into the game. Pleasure to meet you guys!

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  15. D.R.F.

D.R.F. Member

PSN:
    DFlores_15
    I am pretty sure i have fought your Lion:eek: PSN DFlores_15

16. tiago_c

tiago_c Member

PSN:
    tiago_c
    My Lion? xD

17. D.R.F.

D.R.F. Member

PSN:
    DFlores_15
    yes, although this might had been a whiile ago. Yea it was really good, I dont think I managed to beat you. we played in ranked of course ahah, this was after the fs craze, when it calmed down

18. tiago_c

tiago_c Member

PSN:
    tiago_c
    I dont remember you ;__; sorry i'm terrible with psn id's, feel free to add me if you or anyone want

tiago_c

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
    D.R.F. likes this.
  19. D.R.F.

D.R.F. Member

PSN:
    DFlores_15
    sure thing man aha no prob!

tiago_c likes this.
  20. Blitzball Champ

Blitzball Champ Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    So, I never took the chance to do this, but let me break down who I am. So, I go by Swordfish2, but I mainly go with Blitzball Champ. Real name is Jason Ingram from Raleigh, NC. I play a lot of fighting games growing up (30 years old currently) and my all-time favorite fighting game is Samurai Shodown 4. I got introduce to Virtua Fighter when I played Fighters Megamix. It was mostly casual play and didn't take it too seriously as far as getting good. It was really when Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution came out that I got my start at actually making the effort to get good. I enjoyed the mess outta quest mode and training mode. My main for a long time was Wolf, but down the road I started to mix it up a bit. For a while in Evo, Lion and Pai were the two I played with a lot against a few friends of mine. When VF5 came out, I returned to Wolf, but struggled a lot to get good at his combos. Because of that, I started to switch to Goh because I started to love the Judo fighting style. I participated in the VF Circuit and got destroyed by intermediate to expert players, and it was because of that, I started to make more of an effort to get better. I returned to Wolf as my main and plan to stick with him through it all, but would like to pick up El Blaze as a strong secondary character because I love pro wrestling! So yeah, that is me, Blitzball Champ. Nice to meet you all and I look forward to playing more players and learning more as well, so don't hesitate to challenge me. God bless!

Modelah, Ellis and tiago_c like this.