1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New to VFDC? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Myke, Jun 1, 2012.

1. COOKpls

COOKpls Member

Hello everyone! I'm new to VF in general but I've played other fighting games ever since I was 6. I hope to learn alot from people I play online and from here! I recently bought VF5FS and I'm liking Akira, Brad, and Jacky. I play on Xbox 360 and my id is: IAMVIEWTIFUL001

oneida, EvenPit and BLACKSTAR like this.
  2. wingchun_warrior

wingchun_warrior Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

What's ur psn id

3. BrownishNinja

BrownishNinja New Member

BrownishNinja

4. Mengde

Mengde Member

Hi, been told amongst all the FG's communities , VF's is the smartest and most polite. Glad to be here.

5. wingchun_warrior

Welcome to the best fighting game out what's ur psn

6. Mengde

Mengde Member

Drunk-Outworlder

7. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Nooice. Do you live in the U.S.? If so, I'll add ya. I been rockin Akira since I started VF. Been tryin to mess around with other characters, but truth is, I'm just too lazy to learn/memorize another characters moves and long azz combos (that are a part of VFFS now) hahah. I don't even know Akiras max damage combos in this version, and he's my main, hahah.

8. Indico

Indico New Member

Hey guys!

Bought VF:FS when it came out and it didn't click with me at the time. Coming from SF4 and a bit of Third Strike I just didn't understand the general feel of the game, but I never forgot about the game and I am willing to actually put some time into it this time! I kind of feel like this game takes some time to get into but once I am I think ill be addicted, theres just something about it man..

So im a complete noob, and yes I fancy using Akira. I know he's one of the harder characters to use supposedly, but I honestly would rather play someone that clicks with me and is hard than pick someone else I dont enjoy as much :)

If anyone wants to play on PSN, my tag is indico. Im located in Holland, Europe. Im literally starting from the bottom so dont expect anything, except have patience with me haha.

Cheers

BLACKSTAR, KrsJin and jimi Claymore like this.
  9. DC4ever

DC4ever Member

Hi VF community,

I'm sweet 44 years and the first time in my life into online play :D

I a big SEGA fan and love the VF series, but played only offline till now. I don't know how good or bad I am, but VF5 FS is the greatest fighting game ever and now with XBL Gold I will try to fight around in onlinematches.

If you want a fight dummy (probably) ... or maybe to be beaten to pulp by my Sarah (hmm, maybe), please feel free to add me if you play on X360.

Gamertag: DC4ever

10. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Hi @DC4ever First of all wellcome on vfdc.
    I see from your gt that you are from germany. Since we are both from europe I will gladly play with you. I hope you have a microphone so if you ever have any question you can ask right away.
    VF is indeed a beatiful game but the community is playin less than it used in the past since the game is getting old. You will usually find me online after lunch (usually).

11. wingchun_warrior

I agree this is the best fighting game ever nothing compares

jimi Claymore likes this.
  12. Indico

Indico New Member

Its too bad the game seems really dead nowadays on PSN atleast. Usually I only find one or two people online, and I get steamrolled as usual and they leave because they get bored haha. Wish I'd picked up on this sooner..

13. wingchun_warrior

There's always a bunch of guys in ranked rooms what's our psn I'll add u

14. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    Your best bet is to arrange a player match with another euro player here and grind out a really long set. Play until your fingers bleed. this game is about figuring out your opponent, so even though ranked is more populated than anything right now, it's probably your worst bet for learning the game.

15. SaltMachine

SaltMachine New Member

Finally setting an account up here.

Name's SaltMachine. I'm a newish player from Toronto, Ontario, way up in Canada. I'm currently playing Goh, but I've got experience using Vanessa and Jacky, and I'm considering giving Pai a go.

Hope to see you guys around!

16. PR_BloodEdge89

PR_BloodEdge89 New Member

Ill be on PSN, i just bought VF5:FS today. Cant wait to play and learn, get some games in. Add me on PSN if you want to help me out or just have some fun!!

PR_BloodEdge89

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    hello @PR_BloodEdge89.
    Just a quick tip - if you are looking for people to play with, it is always great idea to fill your profile with your PSN / XBL nick and especially with some location/state where you live. At least WC/EC/Europe or something like this. It helps a lot

BlueLink likes this.
  18. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

That advice should be stickied on top of this forum :D

19. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    Great to see new players keep coming in -- feel free to add me, I'm usually on PSN and sometimes on XBL.

20. VC Migs

VC Migs Member

Hello everyone my name is Miguel Flores (You can call me Migs). i am competitive player and play a lot of fighting games especially this one. i want to learn the fundamentals of this game. i play VF5FS on the PS3 Add me: CaptainJapan77X nice to meet you all.

WolfKing and Manjimaru like this.