1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

New to VFDC? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Myke, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    Feel free to add me, my PSN is Phoxx__ (two underscores). A really good place to start, especially as a competitive player, is the following youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boM7T3BWewY

2. VC Migs

VC Migs Member

i watched that video before like a few months ago. but yes i will add you bro thanks.

3. TIGER IN SPACE

TIGER IN SPACE New Member

Hello everyone! New member here! Anyone from Brazil? I'm new to the series, but I want to learn how to play.

jimi Claymore and WolfKing like this.
  4. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Welcome tiger. U got some players from brazil. If u want to learn the game the dojo section wiĺl be helpful around game mechanics and u got also sections for ur character. If u have a question u can ask on those topics or directly on shoutbox.

WolfKing and TIGER IN SPACE like this.
  5. Lulu Lulu

Lulu Lulu Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lulekani
    Hello.... I'm Lulu (yes I'm a dude) and I'm primarily a DOA5 casual player.... I bought VF5FS yesterday.... its quite the adjustment.

6. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    This video is essential!

jimi Claymore and Lulu Lulu like this.
  7. Lulu Lulu

XBL:
    Lulekani
    Thank you.... wow thats quite lengthy.
    o_O
    Actually the "adjustment" I was referring to is the directional inputs... specifically the 1, 3, 7 and 9 directions. I screw them up quite easily since I play on pad.

8. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    But comprehensive :D no need to digest it all at once, I still revisit this from time to time as a 'refresher'!

Lulu Lulu likes this.
  9. Lulu Lulu

XBL:
    Lulekani
    Awesome... will check it out. (y)

10. WolfKing

WolfKing Well-Known Member

PSN:
    HotRod666
    Yes I'm in Brazil mate! Wich city u are in? I'm HotRod666 and live in Brasília ha ha

11. Silkylinks

Silkylinks New Member

PSN:
    DJ_Lightbringer
    Hey, I'm Silkylinks! I've had an interest in VF for a while; I'm generally a big fan of 3D fighters and fighters in general. So, now that I've found myself in New York with a stick I also recently got, I picked up the game a couple of days ago. I'm seriously digging it!
    I'm doing my best to learn Jacky and the game, and advice/games are always appreciated. I'm always down to play some time from 2-11PM EST, depending on how my day is. I'm reachable in a lot of places, but the best place to reach me for games is Twitter! I'd also be down to get some house sessions in if any of you guys happen to live somewhere reasonably close to Middletown. If not, just hit me up on PSN and I'll make it a note to play sometime! Its DJ_Lightbringer, just invite me because more often than not, you'll see me playing a fighting game.

oneida, jimi Claymore and Lulu Lulu like this.
  12. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

13. Jordie162

Jordie162 New Member

Hi! I'm Jordan and I'm a street fighter 4 lover (9th Chun Li in the world) and I've started an addiction to VF5! I love using Shun Di but I'm still getting used to him, will definitely be looking at all the posts on his techniques and all that. My XBL is JordieBoy162 so add away :)

14. xenwall

xenwall Member

PSN:
    xenwall
    Hello everyone, thought I'd drop by and say hi since it appears I'm actually doing this.
    My introduction to VF was VF4:Evo on the PS2. That was the first video game that I actively practiced at. I only played CPU but I had my fun and fell in love with Vanessa. I got back into fighting games for serious with the release of SFIV. Bought my first stick, practiced, played online, lost a bunch. I've had a love/hate relationship with fighters since then because I understand the meta game, the spacing, yomi, strategy, but don't have the dexterity or physical skill to put it into practice. This leads to me playing poorly and knowing exactly why I lost but not being able to fix it.

Fast forward to NYGX. On a whim I watch the stream over the weekend and remember how much fun I had playing VF4:Evo, so I watch some videos, read some posts here, and most of all, download FS and dabble in the dojo. Needless to say I'm hooked, Vanessa for life, and I'm diving in head first. At this point I'm not even looking back at 2D fighters. Juri being announced for SFV might dissuade me, but who knows. I never enjoyed hitting the lab in SF but practicing VF gives me a sense of accomplishment. So I'll be around, playing when I can (my son was born 3 weeks ago) but hit me up on PSN if you see me in the game. Anyone know of any central Texas VF cabs? I don't know if UFO has any.

jimi Claymore, Kruza, Rodnutz and 3 others like this.
  15. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    Welcome! go play @ShinyBrentford before he leaves Texas. @Jerky is down there too.
    http://virtuafighter.com/threads/dallas-ft-worth-players.13046/page-23

16. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

@xenwall, sounds like you're near the Austin area. (I'm in Dallas) I'm currently planning a going away session for @ShinyBrentford like @oneida stated, and you're welcome to come around if you find yourself in the area some time next week.

Unfortunately Texas is an enormous state - If not in person I am planning on renewing my xbox live account soon so perhaps we can catch each other online.

Tricky, Kruza and ShinyBrentford like this.
  17. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    @xenwall Arcade UFO will probably be willing to run VF on one of their ps3 cabs, they've done it in the past. I'm in austin, let me know if you want to meet up there.

I've also been thinking about rotating the monitor on my new net city cab at home back to horizontal...

oneida likes this.
  18. xenwall

xenwall Member

PSN:
    xenwall
    Thanks @KoD! If I can schedule a free evening (unlikely, with a 1-month old at home) I'll be sure to hit you up for games. Playing locally is soooo much better than online, especially when learning a game.

19. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Yeah, @xenwall I been there, don't worry ... you will eventually get some free time back (not to mention sleep)
    Ping me on psn if it's easier to find time for that, hopefully same city lag isn't too bad.

20. Candor

Candor New Member

Hi, name is Julius. I'm not new to VF but sort of new to the community; just too bad there's not one here in chicago for offline gatherings. I've took a long break off VF but i'm trying to get back into it, I just enjoy watching VF at high levels, there's nothing as good. I play other fighting games, 3D and 2D. Tekken and DOA although i've taken a break from DOA. 2D; KOFXIII, Blazblue, SF? Somewhat. Maybe will get back into Guilty Gear, that's been one of the most challenging games for me to get into.

About VF; I play El Blaze pretty scrubby with him since i'm getting back into the game. I want to get into Lau Chan for some odd reason. But if anyone wants to play I have in for both PSN and Xboxlive. XOF Verity 105 is my tag.