1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

No buffering inputs before begining of the round?

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by akai, Aug 25, 2011.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I always assume that you could buffer inputs at the beginning of a round (before the timer starts) so that your moves can come at the fastest timing. After watching some videos frame by frame, I don't think there is an input window before the round begins.

Does anyone know for sure if there is a input window before the round begins, similar to the one available during the match?

2. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Shouldn't this be testable by doing Jacky's Switch Spin Kick ([P][K][G] > [K]) just before the round starts?

3. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I always thought there was an input window before the round begins. Double Palm works when you buffer it so it comes out as soon as the round begins.

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Yep this is my opinion too.

5. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    yes this is true, sometimes i would buffer wolf's double hammer hold 26P. works everytime! and when it hits on CH it's LOLs [​IMG]

i can buffer akira's double palm too....same shit.

6. blossy1000

blossy1000 Well-Known Member

This is interesting, because sometimes I actually have problems with moves not coming out in the beginning of rounds even when I try to input them right when the round starts. Am I the only one having this problem? Is it different for different moves?

7. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Yes you can buffer.. Depending on the situation i buffer Jacky's Bil Jee.

8. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    LOL nigga what situation? it's the beginning of the round! [​IMG]

9. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    It might just be the players in the videos I am watching then. I am watching the replays that came on the 360, and in three different matches, the moves are executing 3-7 frames later than I would have expected if it was being buffered the same way as buffering works during the game.

For example, in the Wolf vs Jeffry replay on the 360, Wolf did a shining wizard, but it did not start the animation until 4 frames after the timer started (in other words, the wizard executed 18 frames rather than 14 frames after the timer started going down).

Maybe Myke with KoD's device can figure this out [​IMG]?

10. Feck

Maybe the buffering window only starts 3 or so frames before the round opening, that'd explain why some moves are a bitch to buffer.

11. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Vid of you buffering DbPm in 3 frames lol

The window is propably in the neighborhood of 10-14 frames which is still a bitch to utilize for 3 directional inputs or so.

12. Feck

I think I said that wrong.

From what Akai said i'm presuming that you still get the 10 frame buffer window but if there's a 7 frame delay on the moves coming out then only a part of the buffering window must open up before the round.

Anyway I really don't have a clue about this, as you can probably tell from my incoherent posts [​IMG]

13. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Well, it could just be the players in the videos I was watching not buffering their inputs before the round. Next weekend when I have some free time off, I will try to do some recordings of my own and see if inputs can buffered exactly the same way it works during the match.

14. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

if that shit gets beat out I won't attempt lol

15. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Wiki Guard Buffering and Recovery Buffering

I had some time to play around with this during the weekend. It appears that the beginning of the round before the match begins you can still buffer inputs in the same way as holding [G] for guard buffering; however, it does not work the same way as buffering during the recovery of a move.

In other words, inputs preceding the last input of a move are indeed read before the match begins. Just like buffering while holding [G] (you have to release [G] before you enter your last input), the very last input of the move must be done when the match actually begins. This seems to be the reason why there is a few frames delay in moves coming out at the beginning of matches.