1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Northern California VF Thread!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Pai_Garu, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    [ QUOTE ]
    tension said:

There's a FT machine at San Francisco's Meteron. Not an ideal place to play though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went yesterday and was disappointed as everyone plays SCIIIAE (boring) instead. It isn't FT, but it is a VF cabinet (something I've never seen before) even though the stick feels funky and makes it hard to buffer CD for Akira (use K+G P instead?). I did manage to play a Kage masher, a Lei-Fei masher, a Lion masher, and two Jacky mashers.

I suck vs cpu.

Anyone going there within the week? (though I might not be able to check this message anytime soon)

2. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Are you guys up for playing tomorrow or over the weekend? Drop me off an email with your contact info (mobile phone preferred) and we can get in touch.

3. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    [ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:

Are you guys up for playing tomorrow or over the weekend? Drop me off an email with your contact info (mobile phone preferred) and we can get in touch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on if I'm able to sort out my housing situation, I'd be down, but I didn't bring my PS2 or sticks up with me (though my sticks suck and need to be fixed).

4. Pai_Garu

We have enough ps2's and sticks for you. PM me your contact details. I'm trying to get a small gathering going for tomorrow.

5. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

Srider: Which ones? This guy has this year's dvd. I lost my SBO 2003 VF:Evo rip from Myke btw...if you have it, hook it up ;]

He's asking for $50 for it. If we can get a few people to chip in, I'm sure we can split it for even less...Mike (the one I brought to the last gathering) says he's in.

6. Pai_Garu

Hey Jeff,

I don't think the tougeki 06 dvd actually contains the full tournament for FT. I think it just has a selection of the matches and then the semi finals and the finals. If that's the case, I have all the matches. If you are only concerned with watching these matches, then there's no point to buy the dvd.

7. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

:O

Damn...already told him I'd take it. WOW.

This is garbage =(

Did you get it by using Share EX2?

8. Pai_Garu

9. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

Yeah...I think you need to teach me how to install it/make it work right...I've tried for the longest time last month...

Nodes this...nodes that...

10. Galz

Galz Member

Hi, are u guys meeting between xmas and new year's?? I'm off work.

Hi jeff.

11. Pai_Garu

[ QUOTE ]
    Galz said:

Hi, are u guys meeting between xmas and new year's?? I'm off work.

Hi jeff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd definitely like to play some VF in between Christmas and New Years.

We played VF on Christmas Eve until the wee hours of Christmas day, what a rush those games were!! I'll update when we figure out when and where.

12. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

Just an update on the NorCal scene:

Srider has a PS3 and will have Japanese VF5 here as soon as it comes out. He also has ordered a stick, and I will have one as well.

I have a PS3 coming this week and a 40 inch Bravia to play it on. Srider and I tried Resistance, Tekken DR and GTHD on the TV and it looks sick. VF5 will also look awesome.

My house in Pacifica (South San Francisco) is open to anyone who wants to play. I have tons of space and beds and have had 3 or 4 people sleep over in the past. It's a bit far, but it's worth it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The only limitation is TVs and consoles, but I have another 30-35 inch SD TV that we can hook a second PS3 up to.

Keep your schedules open in early February! We'll be having something really soon.

-KT

PS: Srider, great games the other day.

13. Pai_Garu

We actually have more than 4 sets of PS3's among the VF players in Norcal.

Not sure about the stick situation right now since we don't know if the converters will work with the old RAP's. Regardless, we have at least 1 full set of

40" HD TV
    PS3 with VF5
    2 Virtua Stick High Grade.

Norcal is more than ready for the VF5 onslaught!!

14. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

YES! BRING IT ON!

15. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

First Socal gathering for VF5 is Feb 24th. I will be opening my place up on Friday if someone needs a place to stay.

Depending on the amount of people and Ps3/games I can have 5 HD setups. One being a 65 in 1080p tv
    Check this link for details to follow

http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/147625/page/1#Post147625

could be a great get together NOCAL vs SOCAL Round 1 /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pm or reply to link above if your interested in joining

thx
    -Brian

16. Renzo

Renzo Well-Known Member

God damn, $20 entry fee for a 50/30/20 pot split in SoCal?

Hi Joe. See you at Lost PT D:

17. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Any upcoming dates?

18. Pai_Garu

Some of us will be playing this weekend, Friday in San Jose and possibly Saturday in Pacifica or South San Francisco. Sebo, is there a way for me to contact you outside of VFDC? Drop me a pm or email me at dwai24(at)hotmail(dot)com.

19. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, back in Norcal but unfortunately will be out of town again this weekend. Definitely want to join the next round though. BTW, do you guys know how I could get my grubby hands on a PS3 in the Bay area?

20. Pai_Garu

They got them at fry's now and you don't have to buy it in a bundle. One of the guys here recently got one.