1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Northwest VF (Pacific NW, North America)

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Chanchai, May 8, 2007.

1. nou

nou Well-Known Member

When Zass was playing he ran into people on xbl who didn't want to come out to locals so maybe it's finally one of them?

As for me. I'm done. Unless VF hits pc, I'm sticking with SF for fighting games.

steelbaz and Pai~Chun like this.
  2. nou

nou Well-Known Member

So does anyone know if the Round 1 at Southcenter still have VF5FS?

lol

IcKY99 likes this.
  3. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Yo pm dawn, just call and ask.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  4. nou

nou Well-Known Member

nah don't want to wait that long..

5. nou

nou Well-Known Member

as I said in the status update. There's two side-to-side cabs at Round 1 in Tukwila South Center. I wish it was more 'out' instead of the corner, but what can you do...

It was fun hitting Iaigeri combos on an arcade cabinet.

next time it'll be 1F Knees.

Chanchai and oneida like this.
  6. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Hey the dude in your profile pics, is that Bizarre from D12? (Eminem's rap group).

7. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    People play online nowadays, but I still prefer in person.

8. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I prefer in person, when the timing is more appropriate

Taking care of my family and taking care of my employees, I have to manage risks. I also have to manage my schedule but online increases the chances I can find someone who can play a similar schedule

R_Panda likes this.
  9. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    Online can help with many issues, including a pandemic it seems.

I thought maybe necro-ing this thread could help people know that the NW still plays this game. :)

nou and Chanchai like this.
  10. Chanchai

I’ll definitely start posting updates here, but also letting everyone know that as part of a big project to get more West Coast VF Parsec matches going, I will be making a big comprehensive West Coast VF thread very soon!

And that is just the tip of the iceberg as it is an early part of a bigger project I’ve been working on for a month!

The amazing news is playing VF5FS over Parsec, regionally, provides a truer VF experience than console netcode. And we already have a good roster of active players and it is growing every week!

More posts to come soon! In here snd in the new upcoming thread!

11. Chanchai

Chanchai’s Dojo should be open tonight (Tuesday, February 9th) around Midnight!

Please let me know if you would like to join in the open sparring session!

This is a Parsec session. All you need are:
    * A PC/Mac (spec doesn’t matter much)
    * A WIRED and FAST Internet Connection
    * A controller for your PC/Mac

That’s all! And well, the Parsec Gaming Client too, so go download that and turn vsync off in the settings!

After you have what you need, send me a PM and let me know you would like to join us!

The Server is in San Francisco, California and should have a superb connection in the western half (including central states) of the United States!

R_Panda and Dennis0201 like this.
  12. Chanchai

We might be fighting on up to 2 #Vf5FS Parsec servers tonight. A little before midnight PST.

#ChanchaisDOJO is hoping for a development/training session alongside the epic showdowns.

Let me know if you would like to spar/fight with us

-Dennis0201 has lined up for Epic Showdowns

13. Chanchai

Want to let everyone know that this weekend, Chanchai’s Dojo’s might not be running as much as usual. This weekend’s anticipated snow in Portland is having an effect on staffing at my restaurant and that will be affecting my workflow for the whole weekend. The Dojo will still be available, but just less available than normal

nou likes this.
  14. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Everyone stay safe and warm! It's been snowing in my area for the last few areas, and while light, has been going on for longer than I thought. Roads are still clear though but it's sticking on trees and bushes.

Saturday is supposed to the be the big one in the area.

Chanchai and R_Panda like this.
  15. Chanchai

A special treat today! #ChanchaisDOJO is open throughout the day today!

We are starting the day with @Juicebox_FGC and @KrsJin matches which you can watch on Juicebox’s stream!

Juicebox will be featuring #VF5FS and #KOF today! Please support

https://www.twitch.tv/juicebox_fgc

16. nou

nou Well-Known Member

So the game will be here soon. Anyone still have their ps4? I subscribed to PS+ so I'm online.

Chanchai likes this.
  17. nou

nou Well-Known Member

The game is live right now!! My download is between 30-40 mintues :(

EDIT:

Downloaded. Hope to see PNW online :ninja:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    Chanchai likes this.
  18. Shouta

Shouta Active Member

I got my download done pretty quick and spent like two hours grinding ranked to get the rust off. I have to remember all of the damn weight specific combos from my usual launchers and staggers again lol

nou and Chanchai like this.
  19. Chanchai

Almost done downloading but gotta clean up my desk a little more and shower in case I decide to stream sometime in the AM. Excited! But gotta do a one hour tour first!

nou likes this.
  20. nou

nou Well-Known Member

My area's internet is busy, so unfortunately I won't have the connection I used to have on a daily basis. Would still love to get in some games and test it out, just be forewarned.

Chanchai likes this.