1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Official VF5FS promo art?

Discussion in 'Help' started by synapse, Jun 3, 2012.

1. synapse

synapse Well-Known Member

Hello, my name is Carlos Oliveros and I'm a staff writer for Games Tribune magazine here in Spain. I'll be writing an extensive review for VF5FS for our next issue, and I convinced my bosses to feature the game on the cover, but the only promo art I've found is this:
    http://images.pushsquare.com/games/psn/virtua_fighter_5_final_showdown/cover_large.jpg

So, is this really the only official promo art out there? Would it be possible to find a hi-res version without the logo? I saw an issue of Arcadia where they used the same image so of course Sega must have it. We would use the logo of course, just not on top of Akira's legs...

Any help? Please?
    Sorry for my English btw...

2. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    Honestly I think that's perfect.

3. synapse

Uh... Ok, thanks, I think it's perfect too, but I need a hi-res, logo-less version for our mag, that's what I'm asking you guys about... :p

4. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Hi synapse - If you send me PM with your email address I can likely forward you the things you are asking for.

5. synapse

Done! Any help would be appreciated.

6. Solidus

Solidus Active Member

Hello synapse, managed to google up these for you, hope its of great help in filling that magazine article of yours with tons of VF5 images.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=virtua+...098&bih=681

I especially like the Jean & Taka poster image so i hope that image is used in your magazine as well (i'll try to get the bigger image link of it though?).

http://www.radiosega.net/uploads/images/...wCharacters.jpg

And the arcade FS version "A" poster

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5750/cimg4761p.jpg

Hope you find these helpful in your assignment!

[​IMG]

7. Solidus

Solidus Active Member

8. synapse

Thanks, Solidus, really, but what I need is hi-res promo art, like a poster or a cover, but for use on the cover of a magazine, so photos of a poster or screenshots won't work [​IMG] I mean, I already have tons of clear screenshots, and the only hi-res (actually quite big) and also logo-less promo art I found was that Taka & Jean pic you posted, but I've been told that was the poster for 5R, not FS... [​IMG]

9. Solidus

Solidus Active Member

^True i guess i love all things VF5 related, but that El Blaze one is new to me though, as i never saw that one before myself. Wonder if a second Eileen poster accompanies that one? back when VF5 came out because they were the brand new characters to the latest VF5 series game in the mid 2000's.

I'll keep searching the net anyways so come back here every now and then and look for any updates to the page is all. Have you tries any digital 'upscaling techniques' for those regular sized images though, or at least tracked down and ordered any of the Virtua Fighter art books on Amazon or Ebay? Cos thats what i would do in your position at the very least. especially considering the untold art and information those books provide as fans have been scrambling to get those books for years themselves.

Anyhow, i'm wishing you all the best in making this VF5:FS magazine/article with the game itself mere hours away from release and all.

10. jrcma

jrcma Well-Known Member

11. Tiripsem

Tiripsem Well-Known Member

I have Aoi smacking the crud outta' Brad as my background lol.

DK's blog has a lot of VF pics, most of them wacky pictures of characters. They could make a nice addition if you'd like.

http://www.virtuafighter.jp/dk.html

12. synapse

Good news, I was finally able to register Games Tribune mag as a user at the Sega Press Vault so we now hace access to hi-res material. At last. I'm really looking forward to seeing VF on a cover again. Especially if it's OUR mag :p

I know, I think I'll be using Kage for the article header when we publish it [​IMG]

13. Hajin

Hajin Member

Sorry to hijack this topic, but it seems like a right place for my question.

Did anyone knows where I can find that kind of CG for characters?

[​IMG]

I vaguely remember finding them all on a customisation website but it was from vanilla VF5 days and can't find it anymore.

Thank you.

14. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
  15. Hajin

Hajin Member

Hum my japanese is a little rusty ...
    But thx, I'll try to random my way in ! Might find a thing or two.