1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Older VF BGMs in FT

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Ken_I, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Ken_I

Ken_I Well-Known Member

This might seem like a stupid question, but how do you get the VF 1 or 2 soundtracks to play in Final Tuned? I'm guessing it has to do with ranking but I'm not familiar with Japanese and can't read the explanation in the book.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    It's an item you can purchase through VF.Net.

3. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

dont need to buy through VF.net.
    even without card u can get the old BGMs!
    after u select ur character, when screen went to black,
    u press p+g or p+g plus one of the direction and then u hold it until the match begins then u will get the old bgms, note!! p1 and p2 need press p+g plus the direction at the same time with the same direction and hold until the match begins!

PS: need 2 players to do this! only in vs mode thought!

4. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Ogi is right. NYC figured it out last week. At first we thought it was a VF.Net option only too but we tried w/o cards and worked as well. Our favorite is [2_][P]+[G]

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Sweet! Thanks for clearning that up /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. Ken_I

Ken_I Well-Known Member

what are the different BGMs you cant get and which directions for them? Most of the people I play with don't get together consistently at the same time so I guess it would be nice to know in advance...if not I guess I'll figure it out over time but it'd be nice to share info with the people I play with...thx for the info

7. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ken_I said:

what are the different BGMs you cant get and which directions for them? Most of the people I play with don't get together consistently at the same time so I guess it would be nice to know in advance...if not I guess I'll figure it out over time but it'd be nice to share info with the people I play with...thx for the info

[/ QUOTE ]

[8_]+[P]+[G] = Akira VF2 music
    [6_]+[P]+[G] = Lau VF2 music(second best IMO)
    [2_]+[P]+[G] = Sarah VF2 music(best one imo, in nyc we probably play it on EVERY MATCH /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)
    [4_]+[P]+[G] = Lion VF2 music

make sure after you select a stage, both players do the commands for the desired music and hold the stick in place until the match starts. It seems to work best if the person waiting is not doing the commands before hand. Both players just start immediately after stage is picked.

8. Ken_I

Ken_I Well-Known Member

thx rodney...btw, where do you guys play at in NYC? I hear lots from CTF but not sure since I also heard they got rid of it there....iono, not sure...

9. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent