1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pad Players - What pad are you using?

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by soke, Dec 13, 2012.

1. MrJostar

MrJostar New Member

PSN:
    MrJostar
    Ps3 sixxaxis controller, vf is the only fighter I still use a pad to play.

2. WiZzYx

WiZzYx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WiZzYx3DG
    XBL:
    WiZzYx3DG
    How works this pad on VF5?

[​IMG]
    It's worth for U$S 19.99?

3. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I use that type of pad to play now on PS3 and 360 and it feels great overall. I had no trouble adjusting to it. I originally used those pads just for SF games but when I gave them a try in VF I at first it was weird but now it feels great overall

WiZzYx likes this.
  4. WiZzYx

WiZzYx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WiZzYx3DG
    XBL:
    WiZzYx3DG
    I have some problems with [1]and[3], particularly doing combos enders like Shun's [4][3][P][+][K][P], or Akira's [G][+][P][+][K] [4][3][P][+][G]. I will be give a try soon...

5. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

I am using a "nub" if you have a spare 360 controller rip off the face of the pad and use whats under it. Sounds crazy but provides virtually no travel between inputs and a lot of resistance leading to some really tight play. Only downside is you have to relearn that muscle memory because you no longer have the slightly raised directions of the pad to feel/rely on anymore.

6. Craigbot

Craigbot Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Craigbot
    I use the 360 controller with the turnstyle d-pad (not used though) for years. I even the left thumbstick from time to time to get a different. I would like to learn VF on the arcade stick someday.

7. Birthua

Birthua Active Member

PSN:
    ReivaxU
    XBL:
    Coin Op INC
    I use the standard pads, Both in PS3 & Xbox 360. BUT I'd bought some PDP fightng pads [I highly regret this ha!] two on Xbox 360 and one for the PS3 they're awful!!!

2013-06-15-133524.jpg

I was to bought two Etokki Omni Arcade Sticks [one Korean, one Sanwa]

but I thought it too much [due to lack of compatibility from new consoles]

and when I finally decided, there was no stock hahahaha.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  8. jamies

jamies Member

9. jamies

jamies Member

I use one of these and have found that they wear out after very little play time.....you get what you pay for! many, many missed moves. I just wish I could hook my Saturn pad up.

10. Flantomas

Flantomas Member

XBL:
    Flantomas
    I use a standard xbox360 pad, wired. I want to buy an arcade pad, but belive it or not there are NO arcade pads in my city, anywhere! Some guy who makes real arcade machines says he can make one for around $300 american dollars. No sanwa parts, local parts. Is the guy trying to rip me off?

11. FakeSypha

FakeSypha Active Member

PSN:
    FakeSypha
    Well, costum sticks are expensive, but you would expect they use quality materials and be customized the way you expect for that money. So yes, he's trying to rip you off. With that money you can buy pretty much any of the decent commercial arcade sticks.

Flantomas likes this.
  12. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This looks like a pretty nice bit of kit, if you're absolutely determined to play VF not with the traditional 3 button and ball-top stick arrangement. If it's anything like their fight-sticks, it'll be built to last, with precise components.

Craigbot likes this.
  13. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    if it has parts that are not Sanwa, Seimitsu, Happ, IL, Crown, etc., then it isn't worth it. im building my own stick with LEDs and clear buttons (all Sanwa parts) and it won't even cost me $300. it's pretty damn close but not quite $300 lol

14. EvenPit

Is this a real product? I'm eyeballing that D-Pad

15. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    Comes out in the UK at least very, very soon according to the embedded Amazon links ;)
    Might get one to play a bit of Sakura & Rose in SFIV next year, as the d-pad on my MadCatz Chun pad (similar to Saturn) is getting really worn, from grinding all those 236236s out over the years of 360 Live. Love that HORI build quality!

EvenPit likes this.
  16. EvenPit

Ha yes! the 25 Ill be able to get it on amazon. I did a reverse image search. http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Xbox-360-Gem-Pad-EX/dp/B00EOI2KE8

17. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    After the dissapointment the Hori FC3 was, I would be sceptical towards their pads unless they can flat out claim they have some new magical dpad technology which makes it last longer than usual.

18. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    I use the original SixAxis DS3 Pad.

I am into my second one though,
    the first got issued with the d-pad (it held down and back randomly after a while)
    That made me quite nervous about any controller, and after shelling out with the cost of a new pad, i am treating it with the utmost respect, putting it back in it's box after using it and hoping it will last.

I tired other pads, but my hands are so grown into the DS3 and my hands are so organically set on how to do Vanessas moves with the pad, nothing else feels right.

I am curious though how a PS4 pad will work for me, until i am ready to dare try a stick.

19. EvenPit

I have been searching for something a little more expensive and came across the Gaming pro controller with interchangeable parts it looks cool and includes a PS3 style dpad but I'm kind of skeptical I don't know if it'll turn out to be gimmickey or not. It also comes with weights and a usb that looks like something that goes into your cable box.http://store.madcatz.com/MLG-Pro-Circuit-Controller-for-Xbox360.html

Also do y'all think is possible to play FS on this... http://www.amazon.com/Saitek-Aviator-Flightstick-Xbox-360/dp/B001EYU1W8

20. FakeSypha

FakeSypha Active Member

PSN:
    FakeSypha
    That MLG controller looks really nice and all, but 100 bucks? fuck that. You'd have to be a die hard pad player and unwilling to learn the ways of the stick to buy that, IMO.

DomAug likes this.