1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

PS2 Evo Items FAQ

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Myke, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    PS2 Evo Items FAQ

Before you post any questions to this board, be sure that you have completely read the FAQ. It covers everything you need to know about getting Items for your characters, as well as Dunce and Curse Items.

Here are some direct links to the character items pages:
    <ul type="square">[*]Akira
    [*]Aoi
    [*]Brad
    [*]Goh
    [*]Jacky
    [*]Jeffry
    [*]Kage
    [*]Lau
    [*]Lei
    [*]Lion
    [*]Pai
    [*]Sarah
    [*]Shun
    [*]Vanessa
    [*]Wolf
    [/list]

2. stalwartsamurai

stalwartsamurai Well-Known Member

this is 1st class /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Masamune_Blade

Masamune_Blade Well-Known Member

yes! v nice!!!!!!!!
    ill be changing that avatar asap.

4. DarkSparda

DarkSparda Well-Known Member

very good man, thx.

5. Snake_Eater

Snake_Eater Well-Known Member

This is one good FAQ!!!
    /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. pkg_inc

pkg_inc Well-Known Member

been waiting for this...

thanks

/versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

Where do you get all this stuff? This guide is amazing. I have ever seen this kind of thing!
    I'm sure this helps me out! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. PGhacker

PGhacker Well-Known Member

just wondering,, but why are all the items' names wrong?

9. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    PghackeR said:

just wondering,, but why are all the items' names wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong according to who/what? I translated the names from the Japanese version. The US translations may not necessarily be the same, but I don't think the name is that important anyway. A picture is worth a thousand words.

10. PGhacker

PGhacker Well-Known Member

oh ok..
    I have the US version, and all the names are wrong, but meh
    ok

11. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

I hate asking such a simple question but I don't know where else to go:

I have the old hockey mask curse item on my character, Vanessa, and I can't get the thing off. I'm not sure how many times I'm supposed to reverse the opponent, but I think I've done it at least 5 or 6 times, and I'm playing on 5 round matches. Do I have to do it as many times as was done to me (ie 7) ? I'm confused.

12. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    From the FAQ, the condition to remove the hockey mask is:

reverse opponent more than (match rounds) times and win the match

When you say you have it on 5 round settings, does that mean you have to win 5 rounds to win the match? If so, then you need to reverse the opponent more than 5 times (so, 6 or more) and win the match.

I'll double check my translation for the FAQ tonight just in case there's a typo.

13. KTallguy

Thanks ... I actually meant you have to win 3 rounds to win the match. but there are 5 rounds all together... it's confusing...

Well ... anyway, I'll keep trying, but I'm doing reversals and nothing is working. I'm exhausted though... maybe they changed it around for the US version (dumbasses).

14. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Actually, there is a small typo on my part and I've updated the FAQ. The condition for removal should be:

reverse opponent more than 2 times for 1 ~ 2 match rounds, 4 times for 3 match rounds, 6 times for 4 match rounds, 8 times for 5 match rounds and win the match.

But still, for your 3 match round setting, you needed to have reversed more than 4 times and win the match to remove the hockey mask. If that still doesn't work then I don't know what's up.

You can kinda cheat this out if you want using a bit of brute force. Just start up a versus match with a cooperative opponent and reverse the hell out of them for the entire match.

15. KTallguy

I'll keep trying, but thanks for the clarification! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

16. black_ninja

black_ninja Member

very good faq, i have very good use for it

17. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

i kno it might have been touched upon b4 but is there a faq that tells u wat colours (here, in Canada, we spell "color" this way: colour) a character could have?

18. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Hey, Lee, don't know if you've seen it yet, but Myke just added the 'colours' to his Items FAQ today.

19. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

thanx

20. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

what was the hardest item you guyz got or trying to get--akira's banner of dojo sign (i think???) was a pain in the #@%@$%@$%@, but now i have it /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif