1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

PSN Good Games

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by Myke, May 31, 2012.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Finally got a chance to play PReP. He has a nice Vanessa style. And kewl online demeanor. GGs all the way around! Had a couple of nice matches with Rodnutz , solid as always. Got creamed by some TigerClaw dudes I don't know. One guy just smashed me with three perfect rounds, I never got off a single attack.

This week and all last week I had a lot of good games in Ranked and in Rooms on the PSN. I usually do. But maybe its because I'm a casual player (but VF fanatic) and I'm just happy to play all kinds of skill levels. When I get destroyed by the guys that have much higher rank than me, I usually know why, and could respond (sometimes) but choose not to, because I like to see their techniques at work. I know its weird, but sometimes I enjoy being the victim of an advanced combo, or unusual combo, because It may show me moves that I rarely get to see. And for someone who enjoys the animations of VF, this can be a treat. Even if I'm the one on the receiving end of the combos.

I also like to play ppl who are obviously new or rarely play, because they can play VF very differently to what you might expect (again I get to see moves and animations that I rarely see). For me that's part of the fun.

For some reason I don't run into or rarely run into Laus or Jeans. So when I do meet them, I spend more time watching their animations than trying to take their points down.
    So if you happen to play me online and you bring a Jean or a Lau, forgive me if I seem to
    just watch what you're doing LOL.

And some of the crazy customizations that PPL come up with LOL. I'm tempted to just take screen shots of every good customization and post a photo gallery to VFDC. I really bump into some good character designs on the PSN. I don't know whether the folks on the XBL are as creative, but the PSN peeps got style.

To all those super star , hard-core players on the PSN. Relax, enjoy the game, if you can't find high quality competition at your level, maybe there is none!!!! LOL And if you're stuck playing the same 3 or 4 (hard-core) ppl all the time, LOL you only have your self to blame. Play ppl at the level they are at (instead of where you want them to be) you'll have more fun that way.

All these +'s and -'s and punishing this move, and punishing that move, advantage here, disadvantage there, I've got 23 frames before you can do anything to me if you fall for the bait, and so on. . The better at all of that stuff you get , the smaller the playing VF field becomes for you, the fewer players will click okay when you challenge them, the less matches you'll have, and the grumpier you will get LOL.

A lot of you hard-core superstar VF maniacs have got this games down to a science, and a noob, or casual player doesn't stand a chance. If ppl don't think they can win at the game, they won't play it. Hence, the reason why PSN can be a ghost town sometime.

llMICll and smince82 like this.
  2. smince82

smince82 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    wyliewood
    XBL:
    xsmincex
    ggs recently to rogviv, g-blow, omega, prep, in various rooms and pm, also ggs to all in ranked, even the guy who demoted me :D, i can't recall his name, he sent me a message after saying sry, after i licked my wounds and offered him some pm, he acceped, and still gave me hell! respect m8! prep, thanks for invitation the other night, it's very tough getting games without playing ranked these days, so if anyone like to play forFun! message me for some pm or invite :D

Ellis likes this.
  3. Valakrie

Valakrie Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Valakrie_2041
    GGs to Modern warfare (why all all the 2ps though????), as well as Riekan and somebananasfly for the late night games!

IcKY99 and Ellis like this.
  4. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    gg's kishin and GT.

5. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    WolfKing, Ellis, Riq and 2 others like this.
  6. D0llo13

D0llo13 Well-Known Member

GGs To The Crew Last Nite @Riq@Dark Nova Void@Killjoke@Raiden789And the Man with the lions Heart TrueSlayer. Cisco Kid.gif

7. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Bwahahhaahahaha love that gif dude...

Krye and Ellis like this.
  8. Dark Nova Void

Dark Nova Void Well-Known Member

9. D0llo13

D0llo13 Well-Known Member

Hirorandom likes this.
  10. Modelah

PSN:
    Modelah
    GGs to my good buddy @PReP, who got to test drive the NEW and IMPROVED Taka ver.2.1!!!
    • Now with more evades than ever before!
    • Improved punishment response times!
    • Less pointless abare!
    • Less sumo-jumping into rising mid kicks!
    • Still vulnerable to tranny Van stupid catch throws Gah!!X"$:mad:#%XXX:mad::mad:
    :p

Zekiel, Sozos and Ellis like this.
  11. SoulTruth2013

SoulTruth2013 Well-Known Member

GG's to people I faced in the morning
    abidingmono, SeveredShoGun, SNACKBOSS-vfdc and Seismo.
    See you all in SEGA CUP!

12. BeastEG

BeastEG Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    GGs to @Elite for yesterday. Getting my butt kicked felt like old times :)

BlackGeneral, Ellis and Elite like this.
  13. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Yeah GGs, starting to get that VF itch back lol.

Also ggs to @Shidosha, my vs Taka definitely needs work :p

Ellis, BeastEG and BlackGeneral like this.
  14. PoisonKid13

PoisonKid13 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    AngerTheMasses
  15. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken
    Definitely bro! GGs to everyone mentioned there in addition to the following from the past couple of days!:
    @ToyDingo and @AustinROCKS and his friend!

Nice fighting with everyone again after so long! I hope that I'll be back to my old-self once I channel that HADOU back into me! lol

Ellis and PoisonKid13 like this.
  16. Modelah

PSN:
    Modelah
    OK, GGs to:
    @Myke- The Boss kicked my ass. Quite thoroughly, in fact. Don't mess with the administration! :)
    @SomeBananasFly- He kicked my ass too, lol. Pretty sure he's VFDC, :ninja: lol.
    @BeeChoChin- For a couple of games.
    @PReP and the guys in his room, @martianpulis the Belly-Meister and Takehaniyasubiko.
    @Dark Nova Void the other day, @Tiripsem (that man is a maniac :)) and @WolfKing.

WolfKing, Ellis, Myke and 1 other person like this.
  17. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    GGs Modelah! Was surprised at how playable our connection was!

18. WolfKing

WolfKing Well-Known Member

PSN:
    HotRod666
    GG s to you too Modelah!!! Always nice to duke it out with you bro! Glad that you mentioned haha nobody around here does!!!!.

Ellis and Modelah like this.
  19. BeastEG

BeastEG Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BeastyEG
    GGs to the people I got a quick ranked session against today!

20. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken
    GGs to all you guys from tonight!:
    @InfamousGeezer, @PReP, @awesome-face12, @Riq, @PoisonKid13, @KyleVF, @Alwild81, @Seyob, @Kamais_Ookin, @gates_of _hell, @AyeeDreezy

Ellis, PoisonKid13 and Riq like this.