1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Question about SPoD

Discussion in 'Akira' started by JHow77, Apr 2, 2009.

1. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    Was is VF3, VF3TB, VF4, or all of them, where you could escape the SPoD? And what was the command input to do so?

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    SPoD was escapable only in VF3tb. Probably was 3P+G for escape.

3. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    I tried so many times and could never do it. And the 2nd hit was escapable right?

4. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

The SPoD input on 3tb is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif-- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif-- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif which is exactly the same as VF2. But the way to escape is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif. They assume the second hit is a throw.

The timing to escape it is really hard to catch unless you alreay realize you're going to be hit by SPod.

No one mention about this before but I totally agree that SPoD should be escapeable. However, if the input is still like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, that will reduce a huge ability from Akira.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I guess that's why AM2 cancel this strategy since VF4 and I don't think it will be returned anymore.

5. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

I knew about it, found out trying to TE too late one day. And GOD NO! Dont give the ability of breaking SPOD back. Too damn hard to get one off as it is.

6. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Everybody loves SPoD!!