1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

San Diego VF (SDVF)

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by jinxhand, Jun 26, 2012.

1. hseiken1

hseiken1 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    hseiken
    That was a bit sudden there, Jinx. If it weren't for previously planned events of life, it would've been nice. If you can let us know more than 96 hours ahead of time, this would be best.

2. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

Man what did you expect!?!?! People were asking me to host for VF, KOF, and some drawing sessions, and I gave you a day notice in advance per your request, even though I still said "please pardon the sudden reply"... Now it's 96 hrs??? Next I'm gonna have to give a whole year in advance right? j/k Real talk, I posted this joint on VFDC and DC, and I still managed to get some KOF supporters to come through... I wanna fight you cats eventually, and not online (but I haven't been able to hit up online as of recently)...

All "joking" aside, let's get something going for a change... I know some of you cats have days you're free and aren't, and my job changed my hours because I'm gonna be inspecting networks and all of that good stuff that keeps me from getting extra off time. Nevertheless, I still plan on coming through at least for local sessions...

So here's what I'm gonna do... Let's plan something not this week, but the week after (duh duh duuuuuuh) the week of the 23rd of this month... The thing is you cats need to let me know whens a good time for you to come through... I'm definitely down for supporting VF, KOF, SFEX2 (only 3d sf worth playing imo), DOA, and any other game you guys wanna play... I have 2 tvs allowing 1 ps3 and xbox 360 setup. If you guys are willing to bring setups, that's fine... I have a 2 door garage, so space isn't an issue... You guys let me know what you can and can't do... Peace!!!

hseiken1 likes this.
  3. tenren

tenren Well-Known Member

once doa comes out vf will be dead to me lol. I have a monitor setup with xbox. We deff need to get something going. I know the srk guys have their MvC & ssf4 get together. We could see if we could squeeze in with them or start our own.

4. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    I don't have a monitor, but can supply xbox and single arcade stick and would be willing to if someone doesn't feel like going through the hassle of moving their stuff (I know some of those entertainment centers can be a real pain to dig into and my setup is pretty free and easy for moving). Weekends are best for me and my roomie, but really any weekday after about 6 or so is also doable. :)

Count me in.

5. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    PSST. Double You En Effff

6. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    @Plague: WNF is more doable after Death leaves the Navy in a couple of weeks. Until then, it's just not feasible. I wish it started earlier. That would alleviate some of the pain. The full tank of gas needed to go there and back would still hurt, but the sting wouldn't be so bad still...

7. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    WNF goes until we all get tired. Two weeks from now sounds great. Carpool. All of you. Looking to build hype and attendance. Scene grows. We get back on WNF stream. All is good.

8. phanatik

phanatik Well-Known Member

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    We need to build the scene here in SD! Jinx, I have a full setup: TV, Xbox, and stick. I only play VF.

9. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    PSST. Double You En Effff

10. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    My home is open to events for SD area peeps. Let's make it happen. Jinx + phanatik. Get your asses over here. We can make it happen.

11. phanatik

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    Hseiken, Let me know when...Give me a week or so in advance, though.

12. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Hey SD,

This is the week to show up to WNF. Hseiken and DWA have been a constant the last few weeks. Carpool and show up as this will be the last for the Rising Star Award. Play and get paid

13. Brisal73

Wednesday Night Fights 11/21 Pre Event Gathering + Carpool
    Time: 4pm-7pm (Pizza + Drinks available). We will leave to WNF at 7pm and stay until the end of the tournament.
    Details: REMEMBER people will be off Thursday for Thanksgiving. So if day of the week and time were an issue, you will have no excuse this week. I am going to open up my place for a few hours for casuals before we head off to WNF. I can also offer a carpool for three people.
    Let's get the NUMBERS UP!!!. SUPPORT THE GAME!!! See you ALL this week!!!

phanatik likes this.
  14. Brisal73

Note... Please let me know if you are coming to the Casual Party. I would like to know how much food and drink I may need.

Thanks,
    Brian

15. jinxhand

Despite me not being able to hit up WNF til the week of the 2nd, I do plan on hosting at my place (Casa no Jinx) this Friday, the 30th, from 730pm til whenever you cats decide to roll out...

Last time I hosted, I had a good number of people, though most were there for KOF, we did do other fighters (TTT2, AH3, SFEX2+, etc), and VF was no exception.

As always, if you have a setup, feel free to haul it, but you're not obligated to do so. I welcome everyone, so please bring a friend or 2, even if they don't play VF. Chances are I have the game they play, and if not, they're welcome to bring either the game, and/or a setup for it. At one point in the evening I busted out my SNES for TMNT:TF. Yeah I have love for all fighters, or at the very least respect...

I have 1 x360 and 1 ps3 setup, with a spare tv for whatever. If you have a ps3 stick or a ps2 stick with a converter, bring that with you, because sadly I only have 1 ps3 stick, and I haven't had time to "fix" my hrap2.

Seriously though, if you have friends who play other fighters, bring them, too.. I don't wanna leave other scenes out just because they don't play VF... With Frubble down, and Cosmic Odyssey being "sometimey" I don't want our options to diminish. I'll help scenes out when I can despite my hectic schedule, and the time is now...

If you need my addy and/or my number, feel free to pm me, or if you're on twitter, hit me up with a dm (@jinxhand). Lastly, spread the word!!! Thanks.

16. phanatik

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    I have to check with the boss. If I go, I will bring a full set up (tv, xbox, and one stick).

17. Brisal73

Let's try this again... Reply to this message if you are interested in a Saturday, January 12th pre Socal Regionals Socal Event

Expect 3-5 setups, plus, food, drink, tons of offline casuals, and single or team tourney

Please reply if you would attend. If there is enough interest I will have it.​

18. phanatik

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    I'm interested.

19. jinxhand

I'm interested... Dunno what my schedule's looking like though due to an IT course I have to attend to for a month at least...

20. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    and carpooling is totally cool by me and DWA, jinx/phan.